This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky one

In Britian,were getting season8 before the U.S like we did on season7,does anyone know what day it is to be aired???? undefined
    "Silence"Kneel before your God
    Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Originally posted by Apepi
    In Britian,were getting season8 before the U.S like we did on season7,does anyone know what day it is to be aired???? undefined

Well ,watch out for your next Sky magazine should be in there..but I thought it was in September in the UK.!!!!!!!

And I'm sure They'll advertise it like mad on Sky one ...They 're good for that..
    I mean "tru calling " "tarzan" and "Jake2.0" have all already started and they're still carrying on the big advertising campaign.. watch them all at the moment....and I like them all.

I hope Stargate season 8 will start before September..but I doubt it.

Caty

Comment

I emailed sky who told me,"sky one have the rights to sg1(thats the reason we were 10days ahead of U.S on season 7)somethin to do with the amount of money they pump into scifi.When sg1 was on SHOWTIME in the U.S they were weeks ahead of us.I just thought someone would have know the air date,it is July tho just dont know when.I "Apepi" Agree with the new lay out of this forum,keep it up my loyle Jaffa

Comment

In Britian,were getting season8 before the U.S like we did on season7
        were getting season 8 first??? confirmation anyone? i thought the US were getting it in July so for us to get it first we would get it in June but i also thought it was September.

if it was June then they should have started to advertise it already. this will mess up any chances of crossovers with Atlantis is true but it would be a welcome compromise to getting S8 next month

i thought we were ahead of the US with S7 because they kept messing around with the airdates. S7 started in the US first but ended here (UK) first because the episodes were delayed in the US

sigpic

Comment

Thats whats doing my head in the cross over,sky did innsure me(i work for telewest+NTL so i do speek with them alot)they have over all rights on air time but as you said we should have seen adverts???????the case contiunes

Comment

have you thought about just emailing sky? i would believe anyone on the forum would have posted about the UK getting it before the US by now

sigpic

Comment

I did they told me air dates will be out end of Month,just thought someone on here might have got some info before that,looks like we will have to wait and see.Been reading the spoilers at all,season8 sounds very interesting,its going to be a great year in scifi TV,ie,season8,atlantis(pity about cross over,i can tell you now,just recevied email Atlantis will not be on skyone up to now anyway)and we have the FARSCAPE mini series(the last 20% of the amazing querky story) How bad is that sky can really suck sometimes???wot u think guys

Comment

As far as I have heard, as usual we are getting the new season in September. Perhaps you got confused. We finsihed season seven one week before the US did

If Sci-Fi get it in July, that would mean that we would have to get it either throughout June or the first week in July
                __

__

Comment

There has never been any change in the way that Stargate has aired, regardless of whether it has been on Showtime or Sci Fi in the US.

The Show ALWAYS starts in the US first. It happened in Season 7 and it will happen in Season 8. It starts in July in the US and in September in the UK.

However, in the US they take a 'hiatus' with the show. That is, half way through airing the episodes they stop for a few months. This Hiatus is shorter in Sci Fi than it was on Showtime but that is the only difference.

While the show stops for an hiatus in the US it doesn't in the UK - the SECOND HALF of the season will air FIRST in the UK. But only the Second Half.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually Sky One do stop for a two week "Hiatus" of sorts being the Xmas schudle. Whereas I believe the US have a 4 week(maybe longer) break putting us at least 2 weeks ahead of them for the second half of the season. I remember season 7 everyone on here from the US was speculating on how Evolution would end and we already knew, MWHAHAHAHA. Sorry

Also with regards to Alantis I'd imagine Sky have the option to buy the rights but are waiting to see how it fares ratings wise in the US, as long as it doe's aswell as SG1 then they'll probably pick it up nearer september.

Comment

Apepi here is either completely misunderstanding what Sky are telling him (or her) or (s)he is lying

Comment

Yep, that was great. Although I do not understand why Sci-Fi just didn't show the second part of Evolution
                        __

__

Comment

I thought only the second half of the season was aired here first! it swaps over ta christmas! though sky should have it first. They hold rights to so much sci-fi, there keeping it alive here in england! except for smallville they have it all!

though i hope it is in july, because im off to uni in late september, so ill miss the bulk of it

Comment

Get your folks to tape and post the eps!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought it was getting aired around June/July time. I heard a date like July 16th. But hope like hell its on before september.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Working...
                              X