Phil Coulson Death\Life Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Coulson Death\Life Mystery

From the first episode of Agents of SHIELD there has been a mystery surrounding Coulson about what happened to him after his death. From Wikipedia:

In the series' pilot episode, Phil Coulson reveals that he did technically die at Loki's hands but was immediately resuscitated by S.H.I.E.L.D. medics and sent to recover in Tahiti. Nick Fury withheld this information from the Avengers to facilitate their collaboration as a team. However, a conversation between Maria Hill and Dr. Streiten (a S.H.I.E.L.D. medic) suggests there is more to Coulson's resurrection than he himself is aware,with his former protégé noting something different about Coulson during a later meeting.
    In episode one they said Coulson can "never know" what really happened. Since then there have been a series of hints, mentions and character noticing changes in Coulson. SO what is the deal?

I'd like to use this thread as an area to discuss the new information from each weekly installment (no need for spoiler tags), discuss theories (no need for spoiler tags) and discuss actual facts yet to air (use spoiler tags). This thread will follow the US airing schedule.

#CoulsonLives
    sigpic

I don't think he is a LMD, i think its either MAGIC related, and there might be a fallout later on? who knows or

HIS a prototype for ULTRON or something, and the real COULSON is dead but they have a potential to bring him back using magic or something, or...

time travel, time travel would be cool travel back to that scene in Avengers, his team save him before coulson dies. I guess that would depend on weather or not Tom Hiddleston would be willing to make a cameo?
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 08 November 2013, 02:07 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I'd hate it if it was TT related.. LMD or some other situation is the angle i lean towards.

Comment

Yall catch that reference last night. At the Hub, Skye is trying to get something out of Coulson. He tells her she has to trust the system. She says...

“He’s acting like a robot version of himself right now,” Skye answers when Simmons asks her how the conversation went. Skye convinces her to help her find information on the mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Coulson was unable to view his own "Tahiti" file even though he has level 8 access and presumably he should have access to the file. Also, anytime someone mentions him in Tahiti he almost instinctively says, "It's beautiful there" but this week he almost doubted why he said it.
        sigpic

Comment

In the episode "The Asset"

Coulson struggles with his gun, with the team thinking he's rusty. He mentions the odd lack of muscle memory, which could be yet another LMD (Life Model Decoy) clue. Life Model Decoys would not have muscle memory since they are robots.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            Also, Coulson was unable to view his own "Tahiti" file even though he has level 8 access and presumably he should have access to the file. Also, anytime someone mentions him in Tahiti he almost instinctively says, "It's beautiful there" but this week he almost doubted why he said it.
            Who do you think blocked it? Fury? the 'overseers?

Comment

I think they are dropping enough hints of life model decoy. been thinking that for a bit and also the slight reference in the avengers. Hopefully we will truley find out soon
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Coulson saying (about Skye) that some secrets are best left that way, is really a hint by the writers about his own secret. I wonder what finding out will do to him?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Who do you think blocked it? Fury? the 'overseers?
                I really don't know. Fury has to know as Coulson references him all the time.

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                I think they are dropping enough hints of life model decoy. been thinking that for a bit and also the slight reference in the avengers. Hopefully we will truley find out soon
                It is building steam and will likely come to a head this season some time. Maybe they'll do a mid-season small cliff hanger dealing with it.
                sigpic

Comment

I always thought that starks lmd line in the avengers was odd that was never mentioned or anything again but have always kept it in back of my mind
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                    I always thought that starks lmd line in the avengers was odd that was never mentioned or anything again but have always kept it in back of my mind
                    I have heard several people mention it, but neither of the 2 times i saw the film did i remember hearing it.. When did tony mention LMD's??

Comment

At the start of the movie when coulson was calling him and he answered hello you have reached the life model decoy of tony stark
                      sigpic

Comment

Ahh.. I always thought that was just a comedic line.. Not an actual statement that LMD's exist.

Comment

Indeed they do and even joss whedon in an interview said most likely most of us fans think he is a lmd but after the well i have another thought but mainly sticking to lmd theory lol
                          sigpic

Comment

I believe that the Coulson we are seeing is, indeed, Coulson-prime (as a friend of mine referred to him). And I actually think that the reason he does not remember it is because they did something terrible, something awful, that Coulson would have never approved of. Perhaps dealing with dark people or technology or even "magic." But something he would never approve of. The revelation at the end of Season One could even turn him against SHIELD.

(I imagine that a future season of Agents of SHIELD will be Coulson and his people on the run from SHIELD, playing off the Nick Fury Vs. SHIELD that pops up in comics from time to time. Captain America: The Winter Soldier might actually set some of those themes up for us. Maybe.)

Comment

U know something mae said in the wall has me wondering when she used all 3 pieces of the device and when ward questions her later she says she sees it every day... Im starting to wonder there
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X