Furling help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furling help

I am writing an AU fic where jack becomes the fifth race (it's a bit of a confusing Idea) and I have him meet with the other races, I've already got the asgard, nox and ancients covered but I need some ideas on what the furlings should be like.

anyhelp would be great.

Blimey. It's been a while, so let's think...last was about twenty-six, so they'd be twenty-seven foot tall Buddhist ninja killing machines.

In all seriousness, I assume them to be moderately hirsute, somewhere between eight and nine feet tall and with an atavistic savagery which wars with their cultural state of enlightenment. They hate violence, yet they were and remain creatures of violence.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
      I am writing an AU fic where jack becomes the fifth race (it's a bit of a confusing Idea) and I have him meet with the other races, I've already got the asgard, nox and ancients covered but I need some ideas on what the furlings should be like.

anyhelp would be great.
      I've always pictured them looking like either Ewoks or Wookies.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Prophet could you go into a bit more of detail with the physical description.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
          Thanks, Prophet could you go into a bit more of detail with the physical description.

Thanks
          Your guess truly is as good as mine. Since they were at one point said to have a cache of powerful weapons - and assuming a shred of truth among the lies - I figure they were kind of ursine in form.

Comment

Furling=teh sexy
            RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

or mmaybe not they are furry ~^
              RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone else think the furlings have always lived in another galaxy(like the Asgard) and that's why we haven't seen them yet? It makes too much sense to me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                  Anyone else think the furlings have always lived in another galaxy(like the Asgard) and that's why we haven't seen them yet? It makes too much sense to me.
                  I agree some with this. Although it is likely that they were able to cross vast distances even before the stargate, I deduce this from "The Torment Of Tantalous" Season One.

I do recall "Paradise Lost" season six: Jack and Mayborne end up in a village on a moon where they surmized that the Furlings were present among the dead. They comment that they are human-like in form.

I imagine that they are humanoid in form with vast intelligent, which means that they probably have their own advanced technology .

I personally created my own version of the Furlings email me if you want to know about that.....

Laters~
                  The Gold's Don't Make for Good Mash, Consistency's all Wrong...

-Jack

Comment

I for one would like to see the Furlings in either of SGA or SG1 eps this season. They are the only race that has yet to play a role on SG1 and SG1 isn't getting any younger.

Comment

how about they look kind of look like azguard but a lot taller and a thiner head like on that movie misson to mars lol

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Make'em big scaly and green. The absolute opposite of what everyone expects.
                        "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                        I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Boch
                          Make'em big scaly and green. The absolute opposite of what everyone expects.
                          Actually, they'd have to be small, scaly and green. And Shinto Samurai or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                            Your guess truly is as good as mine. Since they were at one point said to have a cache of powerful weapons - and assuming a shred of truth among the lies - I figure they were kind of ursine in form.
                            u mean in the show? if so, where?

[QUOTE=Maimi;463546]I agree some with this. Although it is likely that they were able to cross vast distances even before the stargate, I deduce this from "The Torment Of Tantalous" Season One.
                            what hint did u use to deduce that?
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr Prophet;322090]Your guess truly is as good as mine. Since they were at one point said to have a cache of powerful weapons - and assuming a shred of truth among the lies QUOTE]
                              wonderin in what episode and when in the episode u heard this?

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              makes perfect sense as an alternative to them just going extinct as a race
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                              X