Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Dr Doom in the marvel movie verse??

Hi all,
    after watching Iron Man 2 and seeing that Wakanda is there. I began to wonder if Latvaria exists too?? Cause having Dr Doom appear would be great imho.

No. Fox holds the film rights to the Fantastic Four franchise, including Dr. Doom. Marvel/Disney can't use him until the film rights revert to Marvel, and Fox will never let them go.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's a shame 2 because he would make a kick ass Avengers villain with the right actor at the helm
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

They did reference the F4 in Agents of SHIELD...............
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          It's a shame 2 because he would make a kick ass Avengers villain with the right actor at the helm
          Considering the way they're building up Thanos, Doom would likely be a come-down, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          They did reference the F4 in Agents of SHIELD...............
          How? I don't recall hearing any of their names at any point.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Considering the way they're building up Thanos, Doom would likely be a come-down, I'm afraid.

I guess doom would be abit of a step down from thanos but personally i still like doom more than thanos

I think Latveria might have been mentioned in episode (like episode 2 or 3 or something )
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Didn't they mention some of them in the ep with the pyrokenetic dude? (when they named him) I know they mentioned Cap, but I thought they mentioned some of the F4.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I guess doom would be abit of a step down from thanos but personally i still like doom more than thanos
                Well, I don't care for either of them.

I think Latveria might have been mentioned in episode (like episode 2 or 3 or something )
                Hmm, now that does sound a little familiar...maybe episode 3? I'll have to rewatch that one.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Didn't they mention some of them in the ep with the pyrokenetic dude? (when they named him) I know they mentioned Cap, but I thought they mentioned some of the F4.
                Don't recall that; all I remember are the repeated references to Extremis.

Comment

True, i don't remember them referencing any of the other supers.. Heck even in Avengers, i don't remember any mentionings of any others.

Its almost as if shield/avengers exists in a separate realm from where the Xmen are, and they exist separately from Spidy.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    True, i don't remember them referencing any of the other supers.. Heck even in Avengers, i don't remember any mentionings of any others.

Its almost as if shield/avengers exists in a separate realm from where the Xmen are, and they exist separately from Spidy.
                    Wolverine (hugh jackman) and Spiderman (andrew garfield) have been rumored to appear in avengers 3 i don't know if this would actually come to fruition but with RDJ reportedly stepping down as Iron Man it just might who knows? they are apart of the avengers roster

My point is if they are interested in putting Wolverine & Spiderman in the Avengers, maybe Doom could still be in there as a villain
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 04 November 2013, 03:48 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Wolverine (hugh jackman) and Spiderman (andrew garfield) have been rumored to appear in avengers 3 i don't know if this would actually come to fruition but with RDJ reportedly stepping down as Iron Man it just might who knows? they are apart of the avengers roster

My point is if they are interested in putting Wolverine & Spiderman in the Avengers, maybe Doom could still be in there as a villain
                      Again, rights. FOX has the film rights for X-Men, Sony has Spider-Man. They won't be appearing in any Marvel-made movies.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

There's no "almost" about it; that's exactly what's happening.

That's just a wild rumor, nothing more. Everything I've read points to Marvel and RDJ wanting to concentrate Iron Man appearances on Avengers sequels now that they've done "the trilogy thing" with Iron Man, and perhaps revisit the idea of further Iron Man sequels once they have Avengers 3 in the can. RDJ looks to be having way too much fun playing Tony Stark; I think he may want to keep more of his calendar open for doing other projects, but he doesn't seem like he wants to let go of Iron Man any time soon.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Again, rights. FOX has the film rights for X-Men, Sony has Spider-Man. They won't be appearing in any Marvel-made movies.
                        Precisely.

Comment

Kinda took a sharp left turn on that one, didn't they? Considering apparently Thanos has nothing to do with Avengers 2...
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Kinda took a sharp left turn on that one, didn't they? Considering apparently Thanos has nothing to do with Avengers 2...
                            Isn't Thanos supposed to factor into Guardians of the Galaxy, though? I think Marvel must be operating on the "slow burn" theory with him.

Comment

Isn't Thanos supposed to factor into Guardians of the Galaxy, though? I think Marvel must be operating on the "slow burn" theory with him.
                              I was kind if under the impression that Thanos is making his big appearance in Guardians, and then it's on to 'bigger and better' things? I mean, Avengers 2 is about Ultron, so it would appear Thanos has no role there.

Comment

Working...
                              X