Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness

I couldn't find a thread for this and was curious if any one else has read this excellent series.

I picked up book one, The Knife of Never Letting Go, at the airport at the start of my holiday in September this year. Stupidly, I didn't realise it was part of a trilogy and this was accompanied by a real 'NOOOOOOOO' moment when I got to the end and realised there was more and that there was no way for me to get it until I could get back home and order from Amazon. I promptly ordered The Ask and the Anwer and Monsters of Men and practically devoured them.

Set in a possible future on a planet called New World, the story starts off with a boy named Todd and his dog, Manchee. Todd is the son of a first wave of colonists who have fled Old World to restart their lives on a new planet which can sustain life. But life on New World came with an unexpected twist which affected all the colonists in terrible ways.

So tense in places that I frequently felt the urge to toss the books off of the train on my way to and from work, to say that I enjoyed this series would be a serious understatement.

Now, I have discovered that film adaptations are going to be made and none other than Charlie Kaufman will be writing the screenplay (for the first film at least).
    Last edited by Starship Trooper; 30 October 2013, 05:26 AM.
    sigpic
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Thanks for the recommend, I'll check em out, I previously read his A Monster Calls which I thought was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
    X