Atlantis Uniform Colors & Atlantis 'Departments'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Uniform Colors & Atlantis 'Departments'

I know that there's already been a thread attempting to hash out exactly what each of the colors means (I believe we settled on military, command, science, and medicine), but I have slightly more specific questions about who falls into each category (and what color they therefore get).

In particular, I'm interested in who is considered a scientist? Obviously the physicists and botanists and biologists and other people doing science-y research get the blue uniforms, but what about ‘scientists’ like Daniel Jackson, researching language and culture and stuff? (whom we don’t actually see on Atlantis, interestingly enough, but they *must* exist, right?) What color would they wear? Blue as well, or would they get red? I know red is command or whatnot, but maybe they lump stuff like communications and ‘humanities’ in with command? Also, I know that the uniform colors seem to be partly based on some version of Star Trek and their uniform coloring, so any input from that? I know on Star Trek the ‘communications’ and ‘human resources’ colouring is definitely difference from the science ones (Uhura in TOS and Troi in TNG definitely had non-science uniforms, Uhura had "communications" red, I think? And Troi just had magic purple or something).

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are, as I'd rather like to get myself an Atlantis cosplay uniform, and I"m debating on the color. I'm personally a humanities person, and if I was on Atlantis I'd definitely be studying stuff like language and culture (a lot like Daniel Jackson). So, what uniform would I get?

Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Blue. *nods*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Red stands for Civilian(hence why Teyla wears it), not necessarily leader.
      Blue stands for Scientist(any kind).
      Green stands for Mechanic.
      Yellow stands for Medical.
      Black stands for Military.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
      X