• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Well (108)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    THE WELL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    A powerful Asgardian relic is discovered that accentuates the strength and anger of its user, pitting Agent Ward against a group of thugs out to make a name for themselves.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2013, 10:01 PM.

Not a bad episode

So i haven't seen Thor 2 yet, what was the tie in?

Spoiler:
    Peter McNicol is an asgardian
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      So i haven't seen Thor 2 yet, what was the tie in?
      The two scenes with them talking about the lack of a "god of cleaning up after yourself"

Comment

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode. The team dynamics are coming along, although I still find Skye to be rather annoying. I enjoyed when Grant told her to: "Stop talking -- don't you ever stop talking"!! I've wanted to tell her that since the first episode.

Comment

This episode tell something about Ward past and some aftermath after Thor 2 movie!!
          And interestingly, some Asgardians did stay on Earth(or Midgard) is this can be a further development for Thor's movie story line??
          Just want to know what Shield do with the Wreckage?? Could it be study it?? It will be such a waste to just store it in some classified Store site!!
          It have some dark sense of joke when Simmons, Fitz and Skye know the Professor Elliot Randolph is actually Asgardian!!!
          Both May and Skye dreamy about Thor!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
            The two scenes with them talking about the lack of a "god of cleaning up after yourself"
            i guess they did say that a "tie in" would be coming didn't they? lol

i was hoping for it to be a little less understated then that, maybe a cameo from the god of thunder himself? hey Nick Fury's been on this show already
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I enjoyed the tip of the hat to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse in this episode.

In the Tahiti scene, Coulson wakes up and says 'Did I fall asleep?" And the girl responded "For a little while."

Coulson's statement was the programmed response an active would say when in the awakening in the programming chair, and the handler would respond with the same statement the girl in this episode uttered.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Well they had the whole asgard tie in with the berserker, the staff, the left overs from london, and many other aspects. I always thought it was going to be linked to that animal from the frost world that got stranded here.

Comment

Yeah and love mae admitting that thor is dreamy that was just epic
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I was disappointed as this wasn't really a "tie-in", but I enjoyed them exploring the Asgardian side of things.

Where did the Ward and May thing come from? I rather not see the team pair off at all, but that last bit was just crude.

Why is it that people seem to have an issue with some female characters. Skye is hated in this show, Thea in Arrow, and Charlie in Revolution. I have no problem with any of these actresses or characters.

But some people really just seem to get annoyed by them. The only thing that annoys me is the hints and teases of pairings in a show. Especially during a first season, let's focus on the dynamics and learning about the characters pairings can happen later when they are earned.

One thing I didn't like about this episodes was a great big scene showing ward's memory which would have been perfect time to learn about him. Instead, it's just shone with no context and instead we get a bit more action scenes and a hint of some action at the end.

It's just a wasted opportunity drawing this stuff out.

Comment

Yeah, Ward & May seemed rather incongruous to me, too. I don't have a problem with pairings in general, but I certainly don't like them to something that happen right away. I don't buy "ships" that are shoved down my throat. And so far this season we've seen hints - in my opinion - that we're supposed to understand Skye as the potential romantic interest for Ward. But I don't even buy that yet.

I suppose I can understand why those two would have sought each other out after what they'd been through, and I'm thankful that if we had to see it that we saw it the way we did. And now I sincerely hope that's the end of it.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

That ending stinger!
                        Spoiler:
                        The moment he asked "Did I fall asleep?" I instantly knew what the answer would be.
                        And when I was correct... well it was an awesome moment (not because I was right, but because the show actually did that. Hearing that actually spoken, well it was a great echo.)
                        Last edited by Eternal Density; 25 November 2013, 03:47 PM. Reason: pun intended
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

Why is it that people seem to have an issue with some female characters. Skye is hated in this show, Thea in Arrow, and Charlie in Revolution. I have no problem with any of these actresses or characters.
                          Hey, are you talking about me?!?!?!?! I don't think I ever said I hated Charlie. I don't particularly like her, but I don't hate her. And I just find Skye's character annoying, not the actress. I find Thea annoying top to bottom. I don't know what it is. The character plus the actress just equals me not liking her. In person I am sure she is great, but on that show I just don't want to see her. The character, her line delivery, everything just puts me off.

I can also talk about male characters I don't particularly like from those shows . . . Ward, Miles (meh), Oliver (at times), Diggle (at times). With me it is just what they bring to each episode. Charlie just doesn't really seem to bring much to any given episode anymore. Skye just seems to bring annoying things to any given episode, like her cliche background. And from The Well when she acts like she wants to help Ward by being there for him to talk. It seems fake and more like she wants to force it out of him. And, like I said, Thea just annoys me.

And I like May. I like Simmons. I like Felicity, but I don't particularly like what they do with that character. I like Moira. I like Sara Lance. I like Shado. . . Oh wait, I don't like Laurel or Rachel Matheson. LOL LOL LOL

Comment

Just watched The Well. I liked it. I don't need Ward's past/memory explained fully. I like just getting little bits here and there. Coulson and May are my favorite characters, and I think I want their backstories most of all. (And by backstory on Coulson, I mean learning about how he came back from the dead.)

I don't really ship anyone on the show. I honestly look at the May/Ward thing as seeking solace after a very tough experience. There is no way you can convince me that they're going to turn into a couple.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

But some people really just seem to get annoyed by them. The only thing that annoys me is the hints and teases of pairings in a show. Especially during a first season, let's focus on the dynamics and learning about the characters pairings can happen later when they are earned.
                              It doesn't necessarily have to do with characters being female for a lot of people, though I do agree that female characters tend to get a bit more hate than male ones.
                              Some people just find certain character types annoying, other times it's the way the character is written, or it's because of the actor/actress. I don't have a problem with the actress that plays Skye; I think she's a decent actress. I find the character's personality grating though; and I hate that everything seems to focus on her, and how she can help/ fix the other characters or whatever problem their having any given week(with few exceptions). I don't particularly like Ward either. I think he's rather bland, and the actor doesn't really help, but he seems to be getting better.

I like Thea on Arrow. I don't like Laurel much(she gets the most hate on Arrow), but that's because I think she's poorly written. I had a real problem with Charlie in the first season of Revolution. I found the character's self-righteous attitude somewhat annoying, and the actress seemed to have issues emoting(I thought she made the oddest facial expressions during some scenes; and she had this weird habit of opening her mouth/contorting her face too much when the character was supposed to be excited or angry/frustrated, that I found it distracting to watch her). She's better this season(the character and actress), Charlie is written as being more stoic, so the actress doesn't have to emote much; the change in the character suits the actress. I really like Rachel as a character on Revolution though(she also gets a lot of hate, possibly more than Charlie). This season Aaron seems to be getting the most hate.

I agree about the hinting and teasing about pairing people up, especially in the first season. The characters should be developed individually before they are paired off romantically(especially with another main character).

One thing I didn't like about this episodes was a great big scene showing ward's memory which would have been perfect time to learn about him. Instead, it's just shone with no context and instead we get a bit more action scenes and a hint of some action at the end.

It's just a wasted opportunity drawing this stuff out.
                              I agree, they could have done more with Ward and his past in this episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X