X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS to Reboot "Charmed"

Article here

They're going with four sisters instead of three this time around.
    sigpic

My sister used to watch it all the time.. I saw a few episodes.. They would fight amongst themselves a bit... a guy with too much make-up would appear and throw a special effect at them.. Then they would stop fighting each other and go read the book in the attic.. *dramatic music plays* Then they say "power of three, power of three" and the guy with too much make-up would disappear... *repeat for however long it lasted*

How will they do the "power of three" thing if there are four of them?

Does it really need a remake? Why not make something "original" but with a similar theme? Remakes alienate the original fans and are rarely as popular as the originals.. especially when so little time has passed since the original ended..

Comment

I do agree on the often re-used plots. I've watched every episode and there does tend to be an episode for each character every season about them not wanting to be witches and then having to save their sisters and accept who they are.

Most remakes tend to pander to the general viewer with perfect looking actors, lots of CGI, basic plots, too many pop culture references etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

Does it really need a remake? Why not make something "original" but with a similar theme? Remakes alienate the original fans and are rarely as popular as the originals.. especially when so little time has passed since the original ended..
        Because people will just whine and call it derivative, complaining that they are just copying Charmed and blah blah.
        sigpic

Comment

Really I know there has been a conversation on a remake on another board, but I didn't think someone would do it. I loved that show growing up, I watched like every episode multiple times except for season 8 which I sadly had to sit through once. I don't think it needs a remake, if anything maybe a spin off. That I'd watch. It doesn't have have the sisters just be set in the same universe. And than if the original actors would agree to maybe they could guess star in an episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Power of four, let's make some more.

What would replace 'the power of three will set us free'?
            Last edited by Inquisitor; 26 October 2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

lol nothing is better than "the power of three will set us free"
              sigpic

Comment

Oh dear me... this is ridiculous to the extreme. It's one thing rebooting something based on a bigger construct or over several decades old... but really?

They do this a lot with UK shows in the US Market...and I can never understand why. Rebooting US shows in the US like this is the next and even wackier step...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Because people will just whine and call it derivative, complaining that they are just copying Charmed and blah blah.
                  But a remake is copying it.. And not just the overall theme.. but characters, plots, locations.. etc..

The only thing I can see them doing differently is making it darker and more like Supernatural. Which would just alienate the fans even more.

Comment

It would work if it were like "the Next Generation" - same universe, different characters
                    sigpic

Comment

Guess we'll have to wait and see what they do...

Comment

Going by the article in Nola's opening post ,in one line they say it's a reboot ,the next a "re-imagining" and it isn't apparently greenlit with a filming schedule and airdate yet.

I quite enjoyed the original and it's still recent enough that I'm not sure why the rush to rejig it all.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                          Power of four, let's make some more.

What would replace 'the power of three will set us free'?
                          "The Power of Four...Opens the Door?"

Comment

Already have read many people don't want this to happen, I agree it is to soon for a reboot but lets just see where they take it, battlestar galactica's reboot was totally different and this may be in the same line as that so lets just give it a chance

Comment

I don't mind it happening. If it's not good I won't watch it. If it's good I will. Doesn't truly affect the old show.

Maybe they'll hold a chest that traps demons, and their spell is "the power of four puts you in our drawer".

Or "the power of four now you're done for?"

Interestingly Balthazor (kind of) rhymes with four.

Comment

Working...
                              X