• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crucible (204)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    CRUCIBLE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Oliver has a decision to make after discovering the true identity of the new girl in town. Meanwhile, the team targets a new crime lord who is bringing military-grade weapons into the Glades.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 September 2014, 09:14 PM.

Woa.. This was a damn good ep.
    Spoiler:
    So the 'canary IS the sister. She seemed to be trained by the 'league of assassins' and that league seems to also be involved with the alderman who is 'wanting to clean up the city;.
    In addition she was also on that boat we saw Oli get captured on last ep and put into holding cells.

Comment

Hey guys when a lady has had to much to drink don't take advantage of her. Also don't drink and drive. You can not find happiness at the bottom of a bottle, only those little worms and that is gross.

Drinking to dull the pain of gut shot is ok. Especially if you have to take the bullet out yourself. If you drink to much you are going to screw up the surgery though. I like to drink when I play operation. I'm drinking right now. I'm really batman. This should have been my show but those stupid jerks gave it to Oliver. He shoots arrows. Oh scary, I'm freaking batman. I am the night.

ALFRED! MORE GIN.

Comment

at first i thought the guy in the mask was Scarecrow i was like wow there really going there? he would make for a really good villain on this show too with all his mind tricks and what not

Also when he started dangling bad guys it kind of reminded me of the Arkham games
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I thought it was Scarecrow also. I only seen Brother Blood on Teen Titans and he was wearing a mask in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            I thought it was Scarecrow also. I only seen Brother Blood on Teen Titans and he was wearing a mask in that.
            Same here. I didn't even know the guy Sebastion Blood was a villian in the comics so this was a very pleasant surprise for me.

I sense a link between Blood and Ollie's new captors on the island

Comment

Maybe they are linked with the league of assassins..

Comment

I wonder why they decided to change the casting of the sister.

Comment

I think they wanted an actress that could handle the more physical aspects of the role. The actress playing Sara now is a martial artist and is into parkour. I'm glad they recast. The actress they originally had in the role was on this soap opera that my mom watches. I hated the character she played on there. I probably would have had a hard time liking Sara. Besides, I really can't picture that actress playing Sara as she is now.

I really liked this episode. I'm glad they didn't drag out the Sara reveal. I loved Oliver and Sara working together in this episode. I really like Sara as a character, I find her interesting.

Laurel was interesting in this episode too, I like that they are showing her having issues. I wish they had shown her with the drinking problem at the start of the season, so her blaming the vigilante for Tommy's death wouldn't have seemed so weird and unreasonable.

I really liked the part with Quentin at the AA meeting towards the end and how it was cut with Laurel taking pills and Sara at the hospital with Oliver.
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting fun fact, The guy who plays the new captor on the island, also played The Haitian in Heroes, for the entire episode i kept thinking dude looks familiar
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I too thought it was Scarecrow at first glimpse, but I knew it was Blood from the first episode he showed up in. I thought it was obvious he was a new villain. I mean really, the guy's last name is Blood. Despite the last name, I knew as soon as he walked in the room where The Mayor was tied up it was Blood under that mask. And I really wish they hadn't killed off The Mayor. I thought he would work into a good new week to week villain.

I did not care for the Laurel storyline at all, but I rarely do. This plot, however, seemed very off to me. Something about it just seemed insulting to me. I don't know, I guess substance abuse needs to be handled a certain way and the way they handled seemed too much like soap opera tripe. I do love Blackthorne scenes though. It just seems like he is one of the actors that always brings quality to the scenes he is in.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but I think it would have been much better if the Laurel storyline had been handled better and, oh yeah, if they cut every scene with Thea, Roy, and Sin. I don't dislike Roy that much, but I can't stand Thea and Sin isn't winning me over.

And I almost forgot mr_kennedy mention him, why haven't I seen Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian from Heroes) in more things? That guy is freaking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        I did not care for the Laurel storyline at all, but I rarely do. This plot, however, seemed very off to me. Something about it just seemed insulting to me. I don't know, I guess substance abuse needs to be handled a certain way and the way they handled seemed too much like soap opera tripe. I do love Blackthorne scenes though. It just seems like he is one of the actors that always brings quality to the scenes he is in.
                        I somewhat agree with you regarding Laurel's substance abuse storyline, it seemed a bit off to me too. I am glad they're showing her having issues though. I hope they're consistent with it. I don't want her to seem perfectly fine in next week's episode, or only bring it up again when they need her to do something stupid to serve the plot.

I also agree that Paul Blackthorne's scenes were great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                          Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but I think it would have been much better if the Laurel storyline had been handled better and, oh yeah, if they cut every scene with Thea, Roy, and Sin. I don't dislike Roy that much, but I can't stand Thea and Sin isn't winning me over..
                          While i may not like Thea, she is getting better imo.. And i like Sin's grittyness.

Comment

I do have to wonder if Thea is going to be suspicious of Roy and Sin having some secret conversations

Comment

Working...
                            X