• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City of Heroes (201)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    CITY OF HEROES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    In the wake of mass destruction in the Glades, Oliver is convinced to return home to find his family in disarray and his city under new threats: vigilantes who are out for blood, who have set their sights on the Queen family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 June 2014, 12:16 AM.

Nice start with a new outlook on life for the hood or arrow. I didn't get why they didn't take a boat to the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      Nice start with a new outlook on life for the hood or arrow. I didn't get why they didn't take a boat to the island.
      Not a cool enough entrance
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I'm glad this show's back, I really enjoyed last night's episode.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm kind of tired and slept through it, but I glanced at summer glau (what's her name in this show?) and Felicitas is more beautiful then ever, although I got most of the important part of the episode - I have to watch at sometime again!
            sigpic

Comment

I thought this first episode of season two was little weak. The show needs to get away from the soap opera qualities that arise every time Laurel and Oliver meet. It also needs to just completely drop the Thea/Roy plot line. I think it is time for Thea to disappear to an island. Sorry to say it for those of you out there who like her, but she is definitely the weakest link on the show. And why are they trying to make Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) look hot with ridiculous high heels and that sprayed on lip paint? When she first appeared in season one I thought she was absolutely beautiful. As she became more a part of the show it is like some idiot said "We have to make her hotter." They are trying too hard to make her look like what a marketing executive might think is hot instead of relying on how really hot she is without their silly accessories.

And please, more Colin Salmon and Paul Blackthorne. I love what has happened to Blackthorne because of the stuff they can do with it, but I don't really understand why it happened to him. What could he have been blamed for?

And I really like Dig, but even I get sick of him always being the one with the lectures. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Not a cool enough entrance
                Or maybe getting there by boat is harsher and takes longer..

As for me.. it was a decent enough season opener, but lacked some 'wow factor' and also had some big quips imo..
                1) Since Thea is onlu 18/19, how the heck can she be allowed to run a bar/night club (since all workers need to be of legal age to drink) let alone get a license to run it with her criminal record now??
                2) How is it no one has tweak'ed that Oliver IS the hood? He was thought dead, and suddenly returns.. Now we have this hood guy. He disappears after the calamity in the glades, and so too did the hood. He returns again, and so to did the hood..

Also why was it that in all those overhead pictures of the 'damage done', all we saw were flattened buildings near the center of the glade.. Surely other buildings such as some of those skyscrapers would have suffered damage..

Comment

No one goes back to the thought that Oliver could be the hood because for quite a few episodes last season was Oliver being on house arrest and going to court because he was suspected as being the hood.

As for the entrance into the first episode, wasn't there a comment during the first season by Fryers that the best way to get to the island was in a plane? Also, the entrance was pretty interesting especially because of the fact that Felicity doesn't like anything crazy (like jumping out of a moving aircraft with a parachute).

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    And why are they trying to make Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) look hot with ridiculous high heels and that sprayed on lip paint? When she first appeared in season one I thought she was absolutely beautiful. As she became more a part of the show it is like some idiot said "We have to make her hotter." They are trying too hard to make her look like what a marketing executive might think is hot instead of relying on how really hot she is without their silly accessories.
                    I felt like they did this to Laurel more than Felicity, but I agree on both. I don't see the need to put them in extra tight clothing this season and at more make up. They aren't those kind of characters, it doesn't fit. Lawyers and IT people don't dress that way, they could look nice and fashionable\professional at the same time.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    As for me.. it was a decent enough season opener, but lacked some 'wow factor' and also had some big quips imo..
                    1) Since Thea is onlu 18/19, how the heck can she be allowed to run a bar/night club (since all workers need to be of legal age to drink) let alone get a license to run it with her criminal record now??
                    State laws may differ, but most states allow people to serve alcohol at 18 even though they can't legally consume it until 21. Also, getting a license (if the existing one wasn't still good) would be no problem for someone with a juvenile record, especially a billionaire. She was 17 (a minor) when she crashed the car.

Originally posted by karategirlhorselover View Post
                    As for the entrance into the first episode, wasn't there a comment during the first season by Fryers that the best way to get to the island was in a plane? Also, the entrance was pretty interesting especially because of the fact that Felicity doesn't like anything crazy (like jumping out of a moving aircraft with a parachute).
                    Boat definitely would have taken longer and been riskier if the waters are contested.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                      Well, they do not have direct access to billions of money and it's faster than a boat.

As for Thea, she is one of my favorites, not the top favorites, but I've enjoyed her growth. I also really love Roy's story more than Ollie's. Someone without any expert training or high-tech equipment out there fighting crime...I just love the setup. No resources, but big ambition.

I didn't notice anything odd about the clothing of the characters, I honestly, look at their faces then what they wear.

Comment

Question...

How did the four gunmen get into the club with guns out? I mean they could have taken out the guards/bouncers "relatively" silently but once they got inside surely people would have noticed four guys with assault rifles, shotguns, and masks...
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice start to the season. I was so excited just to have this back and see what happens next.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Question...

How did the four gunmen get into the club with guns out? I mean they could have taken out the guards/bouncers "relatively" silently but once they got inside surely people would have noticed four guys with assault rifles, shotguns, and masks...
                            You would be surprised with the blairing music, flashing lights, alcohol etc, how little people in clubs would notice..

Comment

Nice to see the show back.
                              It looks like we're in for a fun season.

Spoiler:
                              Was that the 'Black Canary' we saw briefly in this episode?
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                              X