Dracula (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dracula (NBC)

I am not sure if this thread for this new show/mini series exists and I am not sure wether it is a new show or just a mini series because I can't imagine to stretch Dracula's story out for more than a couple of episodes but I guess they will take the Bram Stoker story just as a template and see how things will develop from there, we will see. Dracula has somewhat been always kind of special to me because it was the first book that I really read and I really adored for a long long time and I hope that they kind of stay true to the original, that Dracula wasn't bad per se. I do not like Jonathan Rhys-Meyers that much but the trailer does look good and I am glad that they chose to set the story in the 19th century and not in the modern era. It is created by Cole Haddon
    sigpic

I've seen the ads for this on Sky Living ,and they've put up a neat page for the show here : avoid if you don't want any spoilers at all obviously ! Link

Looks like they've got a ten ep first season,so I'll check it out.

I need a bit more schlock in my life,lol!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I am not sure if I want to watch this again, maybe if it gets a second season, I will watch it on dvd, but I was actually (as a Dracula fan) quite disappointed with this first episode.
      sigpic

Comment

I will give it a couple more episodes....
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Thsi show should be on cable, not NBC, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
            Thsi show should be on cable, not NBC, lol.
            Showtime or HBO, or maybe even Starz might be a good fit
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

IDK if i will continue watching this i already watch True Blood, TVD and The Originals which are all much better than this. I thought with True Blood ending next year it might be a nice replacement series for that show, but it's nothing special atm it's gotta do something amazing to keep me in
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I gave it an a episode and a half and I'm like 'umm, why is he even there?'
                It sounds silly to say I wish I knew Drac's motivation. I think it's relegated to the 'not worth it' pile. as much as I love Rhys Meyers I just can't get into it.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Drac wants revenge on the order for killing his wife. He is playing the long game trying to defund them by introducing free wireless power to world.

I like the show so far.

Comment

The second episode was better than the first, it actually held my attention the entire time.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm saving the episodes but have yet to decide whether to watch. So many options competing for my time, not only other series but books too.

Comment

I liked the third episode a lot. I kind of wish Dracula was more Count Dracula and less Count of Monte Cristo though.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like this take on Dracula. He does have a Monte Cristo revenge type thing going on but I like it. Usually they have the main focus be a woman or some scheme to create a army of vampires. I like the change of pace in this show.

Comment

I don't really mind the revenge plot(it's actually pretty interesting), but there should be more to Dracula than just wanting revenge on the evil order that brutally murdered his wife. He's too nice for a character that's normally portrayed as a villain/monster. I don't need/want him to be pure evil or anything, but having him be a bit more villainous would have been nice(and more "in character").

I am looking forward to the next episode though.
                            sigpic

Comment

I actually still watched the second episode - though I said wouldn't watch it anymore - but almost human didn't air so I decided to give it some more time to prove itself, the second episode was a bit stronger but I still do not like the chances - especially that van helsing is so changed but anyways...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X