The Originals (The CW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Originals (The CW)

A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries set in New Orleans. The Originals centers on the world's original vampires: Klaus , Elijah, and Rebekah. It was revealed during the backdoor pilot, aired on April 25, 2013, that recurring character Hayley is pregnant with Klaus' child. Now Klaus must take down his protégé, Marcel, who is now in charge of New Orleans, in order to re-take his city, as he originally built New Orleans. Klaus departed from the city after being chased down by his father Mikael, while it was being constructed and Marcel took charge. As Klaus has returned after many years, his ego has provoked him to become the king of the city. "Every King needs an heir" says Klaus, accepting the unborn child. The child is a first to be born to a hybrid (part vampire, part werewolf) and a werewolf (Hayley).

I'm pretty excited about this show. Potentially, could be the slightly more grown up version of the vampire diaries (which is surprisingly less teeny boppy than I would have thought).
    sigpic

Looks pretty good. Liked VD so well definitely check this out. And it does look much more grown up. Plus, Rebekah
    sigpic

Comment

Not 2 bad, felt it didnt quite capture the fast pacing that Vampire Diaries has, but its only the pilot episode

I do think The Originals had run there course on The Vampire Diaries, but i'm glad they found a way to keep them around, and i definatly would like more Elijah and Rebekah
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        I do think The Originals had run there course on The Vampire Diaries, but i'm glad they found a way to keep them around, and i definatly would like more Elijah and Rebekah
        Yeah I agree. It could be good for both shows as it lets The Originals continue on without keeping Vampire Diaries stuck on an old story.
        sigpic

Comment

I have to admit the preview makes it look interesting, but the fact remains that it's a show on the WB. One must never forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
            I have to admit the preview makes it look interesting, but the fact remains that it's a show on the WB. One must never forget that.
            The WB has carved a nice little niche' market for itself. I've found "some" of there shows like Vampire Diaries, and hopefully this one as well to be far less teen drama than I would have expected...although there is still some.
            sigpic

Comment

Klaus alone & all on his own can wipe out that entire silly little town in the show anytime he wants

Comment

A much better second episode
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I want Elijah
                  Spoiler:
                  out of the coffin
                  . I Like the scenes between him and Klaus probably the best.

IHS
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm really starting to like The Originals
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I've got a solution, Klaus could kidnap Marcel, drain him and then feed him vervaine free blood and take control. Too easy, I know. I'm liking this show, but it runs into one problem which is how powerful the Originals actually are. With Klaus, Rebecca and Elijah together there really is no need to be sneaky. They could use brute force and kill them all. Klaus could bite the vampires and let them die if they don't talk.

Still I like this show, but I think it is kind of like Superman. You just have to put those situational "he should have done this" out of your mind to enjoy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the most recent episode seeing Klaus up to his usual puppet master trickery. I do hope Elijah returns to the show sooner rather than later as I like his character.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this baby is so special? Klaus is already a hybrid so I'm wondering how the baby will be different other than maybe it is more wolf-like. Since it is growing from a baby I would presume it will age (unlike a vampire).
                        sigpic

Comment

It's something to do with the birthmark the girl have. In tvd one episode when Klaus sleeped with the girl he mentioned about the birth mark something about old wolf pack that seemed to be verry special if you saw the look of klaus face.

And as the last week episode ended, it seems like witches are really scared of the baby
                          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that. I'll be interested to see what it means.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone else watching this? I'm really enjoying this show. I hope it can survive because I see some potential. TV by the Numbers gives it good odds.

Ratings jumped for episode 3, which is good news
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X