X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here (901)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by BuddyTV
    From the CW: "Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won‘t make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers."
    Original Air Date : 10/08/2013
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

I wasn't wowed by the episode.

It was a series of cameos of various familiar faces (or in Crowley's case, a knock from inside the trunk). Dean is possessed, or otherwise not himself. Again. Castiel is not quite what he was and is being chased by angry angels. Again. Dean has had to make a pact with *something*. Again.

It will be interesting to see how much (if at all) they will use Tamoh Penikett this season.

I half expected the little old lady in the laundromat was somehow going to be Amanda Tapping.

Possibly the inspiration of the Castiel laundromat scene?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Great episode

Angelic Pacemaker
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

And just for fun, the Carling spoof of the original ad:

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

I think this is continuation of beating the dead horse this show has become. However, I did like parts of the show like Death and the angels.

They were kind of inconsistent on the angels powers. Are they human or are they super strong.

Comment

I was following along on Twitter at home about this episode last night.

Funniest tweet: You can't go to the Grand Canyon woman. The Government is shut down.

This confused me:
            Spoiler:
            Sam is walking along with Dean at the end but he's sounding like the Angel. So is the body in the hospital now really Sam? Or Sam's essence.....or conscience or whatever. Hubby walked in and asked me something and I missed part of the show so may have missed this.

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
              I was following along on Twitter at home about this episode last night.

Funniest tweet: You can't go to the Grand Canyon woman. The Government is shut down.

This confused me:
              Spoiler:
              Sam is walking along with Dean at the end but he's sounding like the Angel. So is the body in the hospital now really Sam? Or Sam's essence.....or conscience or whatever. Hubby walked in and asked me something and I missed part of the show so may have missed this.

IHS
              Umm this is how i see it

Spoiler:
              its like Sam was asleep so Ezekiel took control, maybe while Ezekiel is asleep sam takes control? it didnt quite look like he was finished healing sam yet, and i think when tahmoh woke up that was the mind of the body that Ezekiel was controling

ugh i see why you were confused that was confusing to explain lol
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Supernatural has become one of my favorite shows. I liked the season opener, I admit, it was not one of their strongest - but it was nice to see them all again, especially Death and I dont think that this show is a "dead horse" and has some stories left to tell at least for the next two seasons, how would like to see this show end? I think it will end with Sam and Dean continuing fighting evil.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  Supernatural has become one of my favorite shows. I liked the season opener, I admit, it was not one of their strongest - but it was nice to see them all again, especially Death and I dont think that this show is a "dead horse" and has some stories left to tell at least for the next two seasons, how would like to see this show end? I think it will end with Sam and Dean continuing fighting evil.
                  TOTALLY off-topic but i would like to end with a epic battle with either Death/god (or crowly) vs winchesters/castiel and the winchesters dying castiel continuing the fight againts evil

And i think its going to be 10 and done like SV and SG-1 before it, i'd be cool if it went to 12 tho but no more than that i think that should be its limit
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Liked the start of the season, though it didn't really setup any clear over all plot line for the season.

The angels definitely have had their wings clipped and are having to operate with far less power than in the past.

Liked Tp's angel character, hopefully he will be on the show more than just a presence inside Sam's head.

Comment

So much for dead horse:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/09/su...son-9-ratings/

I personally think that he show got back on it's tracks in the last two seasons, and I like it here

The premiere was a good start. I wasn't to keen about the decision Dean made, but it had to go on in one way, and just denying, that Sams wounds were to grave to heal wouldn't have been better.
                      I really liked the switches between here and Sams head and I loved how they made this an opportunity to bring Bobby and Death back. The Winchesters apparently got an upgrade, so it's Death himself who is reaping them.

@iheartshep: Ezekiel was a fallen angel who found a vessel. So the person in the hospital should be neither Sam nor Ezekiel but "just" the empty vessel. I just hope they bring him back later because I really liked Tamoh Penikett!
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        I wasn't wowed by the episode.

It was a series of cameos of various familiar faces (or in Crowley's case, a knock from inside the trunk). Dean is possessed, or otherwise not himself. Again. Castiel is not quite what he was and is being chased by angry angels. Again. Dean has had to make a pact with *something*. Again.
                        I think you meant Sam on the first one. Really, is there a convention of supernatural beings on Sam's body? Other than that I agree on all three. I was happy to see Bobby again, even as a delusion. I like the part when Sam asked to his death be definitive. Of course Dean has other plans...

It will be interesting to see how much (if at all) they will use Tamoh Penikett this season.
                        When it concerns me, they never show him enough.

I half expected the little old lady in the laundromat was somehow going to be Amanda Tapping.
                        That would be interesting. But as much as I like to see her, I don't like her character.

Possibly the inspiration of the Castiel laundromat scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT4DR_ae_4o

regards,
                        G.
                        Good catch.

Sorry if I sound grumpy but I'm not happy with the Leviathan nor the Angel arcs. I'd prefer if they stick with the urban legends/ monster hunting stories instead of some global Heaven/ Hell wars with God as the Eternal absent father. Too many possesion cases and too many absent fathers. Move on.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                          I think you meant Sam on the first one. Really, is there a convention of supernatural beings on Sam's body? Other than that I agree on all three. I was happy to see Bobby again, even as a delusion. I like the part when Sam asked to his death be definitive. Of course Dean has other plans...

When it concerns me, they never show him enough.

That would be interesting. But as much as I like to see her, I don't like her character.

Good catch.

Sorry if I sound grumpy but I'm not happy with the Leviathan nor the Angel arcs. I'd prefer if they stick with the urban legends/ monster hunting stories instead of some global Heaven/ Hell wars with God as the Eternal absent father. Too many possesion cases and too many absent fathers. Move on.
                          Not trying to be an ass but you shouldn't still be watching Supernatural if you don't like the angel arc. That has been the life blood of this show since season 4. I think introducing angels in Supernatural was a serious game changer, it that premise alone helped the show run this long. Supernatural was always meant to be a 3 and done thing that is why season 3 ends the way it does.
                          Right now this story with the Fallen Angels, it should get interesting. Kevin and Crowley are going to have this thing now and I wonder if Crowley is somewhat broken by the events of the final trial. I what to see if the show begins to create a network of hunters that Sam and Dean will work with. Dean hinted at the fact that Sam is the Men of Letters side of the family.
                          Dean can't hide that secret forever, I don't know how Sam believed Dean took on 3 demons and a Knight of Hell. I am really liking the whole concept of this show right now. The tablets were a good addition to the lure, wonder if Kevin will use any of the stuff he learned from the tablet on Crowley. Opps wrong episode

Comment

Originally posted by BlakkBilli View Post
                            Not trying to be an ass but you shouldn't still be watching Supernatural if you don't like the angel arc. That has been the life blood of this show since season 4.
                            You're not being an ass at all. I just think that that part of the story never quite truly delivered. And Castiel is one of my favourite characters. The other angels, with a few kind exceptions, are a bunch of beaurocratic bullies. You almost prefer the demons. So what?

I like the characters. I don't necessarily like the storylines.

I think introducing angels in Supernatural was a serious game changer, it that premise alone helped the show run this long. Supernatural was always meant to be a 3 and done thing that is why season 3 ends the way it does.
                            I read it was supposed to be 5 seasons, leading to the final confrontation between Lucifer and Michael. Several places, actually but I can't give you a source.

Right now this story with the Fallen Angels, it should get interesting. Kevin and Crowley are going to have this thing now and I wonder if Crowley is somewhat broken by the events of the final trial. I what to see if the show begins to create a network of hunters that Sam and Dean will work with. Dean hinted at the fact that Sam is the Men of Letters side of the family.
                            Dean can't hide that secret forever, I don't know how Sam believed Dean took on 3 demons and a Knight of Hell. I am really liking the whole concept of this show right now. The tablets were a good addition to the lure, wonder if Kevin will use any of the stuff he learned from the tablet on Crowley. Opps wrong episode
                            Let's hope they use all those elements to build an interesting arc. *fingers crossed*
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

honestly I don't think the finale will wrap up the whole show, if anything they will give us some cliffhanger ending like Angel. The show seems to be building a bigger universe. I don't think the angels will return by the end of the season but I wont be surprised if season ten gives us a final villain species. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't turn into some sort of game. At the least an official table top thing of maybe even a video game. With all that is happening in the show I doubt CW wouldn't want this franchise on a another platform when the show ends

Comment

Working...
                              X