• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ariel (306)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE
    ARIEL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306
    When a mermaid saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean’s depths, Snow returns the favor by introducing her new friend to a prince with whom Ariel is in love. In Neverland, the group tries to rescue Neal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 October 2013, 08:57 PM.

Decent episode. Like that it took regina to get Emma to realise hate fuels magic. And love the "Echo chamber'.
    Other than that, i didn't like the ep.

Comment

The Airel flashbacks seems completely disconnected from the episode until a small connection at the end. I did like most of the events that took place on Neverland, although Pan is getting a little annoying at this point. If he is so powerful, why let them all live?
      sigpic

Comment

I really doubt Pan wants to "save magic" I think he is feeding Henry a pile of lies.

We just don't see anything from him that makes us think anything but he is the bad guy.

Loved the reveal of who Belle truly was. I was getting sick of her showing up in Neverland and not being the real Belle. Also those scenes usually meant Rumpel was just standing still and not advancing the plot.

I really wished they had wrapped up Neverland sooner. It's just such a slow crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Decent episode. Like that it took regina to get Emma to realise hate fuels magic. And love the "Echo chamber'.
          Other than that, i didn't like the ep.
          Hate doesn't fuel magic. The Blue Fairy/Mother Superior shows that. The protection spell/invisible chalk required love.
          The only kind of magic Regina knows comes from anger. There'd definitely be magic which comes from love, and it will probably wrap up the season.

Comment

Interesting episode. I think they tried to juggle too many separate bits in it, though. Interesting secrets everyone wound up admitting. Also interesting that Emma's secret was just between her and Neal, and that the others didn't get to hear it. I felt a bit sorry for Hook; I have to wonder what's going to happen to him later on once Henry is rescued and they all get off the island.

I also didn't find Ariel very interesting. She seemed to be kind of one dimensional (or maybe two). I didn't like how she took Snow's legs away from her without even talking to her first ... and then couldn't figure out why Snow was upset about it.
            Last edited by hedwig; 04 November 2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Also interesting that Emma's secret was just between her and Neal, and that the others didn't get to hear it. I felt a bit sorry for Hook; I have to wonder what's going to happen to him later on once Henry is rescued and they all get off the island.
              what was emma's secret to neal? i couldn't hear it well enough.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                what was emma's secret to neal? i couldn't hear it well enough.
                She was happy to learn he was alive, but she was sad too. Because she knew she still loved him when she saw him in Manhatten, but then had to deal with all her feelings of being hurt and loss.

So her secret was she was hoping he was dead so she didn't have to go through that again.

At least, that's what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                  She was happy to learn he was alive, but she was sad too. Because she knew she still loved him when she saw him in Manhatten, but then had to deal with all her feelings of being hurt and loss.

So her secret was she was hoping he was dead so she didn't have to go through that again.

At least, that's what I got.
                  thank you.

i'm not real thrilled with her being with neal or hook, but i guess i'd choose hook first.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    thank you.

i'm not real thrilled with her being with neal or hook, but i guess i'd choose hook first.
                    I really don't see much chemistry between either of them.

Snow and Charming had so many scenes toegther the actors, have built a great chemistry. But Neal and Hook...well neal was engaged when Emma found him. In the past it seemed like they had fun, but it wasn't much.

Now is the only time Neal is free to be with her but then they have to deal with the never-ending Neverland tale.

Hook was a villian or trickster so Emma never trusted him. Then he came to storybroke and again was a problem for Emma. Now he is helping her, but there just isn't much there between them.

Focus on the characters and don't force relationships because of the story, that's all I've got.

Comment

When I first found out that Regina was going to play Ursula I was lying on the floor laughing. But she portrayed the Character very well, even had that over pronouncing with her mouth wide open thing going. As for the Flashbacks tying into the Story, well I have seen worse. It gave us some much needed Backstory on Ariel. Also, does this mean that the real Ursula could possibly be in Storybrook as well?

Just wondering if Ariel will really help. I mean Regina is quite the Witch with a B and Ariel has spent more then 28 Years without her Voice.

Besides that I couldn't give less about the Relationships at the moment, they all seem so fake. Of course they are not going to be real, but you would expect more Chemistry. At least Hook told them about Neal as fast as possible. I was fearing the worst, but they actually made a smart move with the whole Truth telling this Episode.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        Focus on the characters and don't force relationships because of the story, that's all I've got.
                        I agree with that.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        Besides that I couldn't give less about the Relationships at the moment, they all seem so fake. Of course they are not going to be real, but you would expect more Chemistry. At least Hook told them about Neal as fast as possible. I was fearing the worst, but they actually made a smart move with the whole Truth telling this Episode.
                        I was really glad that Hook told the others about Neal right away, I was afraid they were going to drag it out as long as possible for some cheap drama. I liked the whole "everyone has to tell the truth to save Neal" thing in this episode.

I liked this episode, I thought it was pretty decent, not one of my favorites though.
                        Ariel seems ok, she seems like she can be an interesting character(I like that she's able to cross between lands), her backstory was ok(Regina chasing Snow around is really old now).

I liked that Regina got Rumple thinking straight again. I find the Rumple/Pan dynamic interesting. I'm really curious about the history between those two.

I'm really looking forward to next week.
                        sigpic

Comment

Poor Hook.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            I was really glad that Hook told the others about Neal right away, I was afraid they were going to drag it out as long as possible for some cheap drama. I liked the whole "everyone has to tell the truth to save Neal" thing in this episode.
                            I was surprised he did.. Seems Pan is not so on the ball with his reading of hook as he thought.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I was surprised he did.. Seems Pan is not so on the ball with his reading of hook as he thought.
                              I'm not too sure it would matter to Pan. He seems to be very patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X