• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite A Common Fairy (303)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE
    QUITE A COMMON FAIRY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303
    Hook suggests tracking down Tinker Bell to help the group find Peter Pan’s hideout, unaware that Regina has history with the fairy. Meanwhile, Neal may have found a way to return to Neverland.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 20 October 2013, 09:36 PM.

So Regina is destined to fall in love with Robin Hood... It certainly adds a much needed new thread for season three. I've liked Sean Maguire's work since "Off Centre" and "The Class," I'm a little perplexed at how old he looks as Robin Hood. Might they be aging him for the role with makeup? Back in 2011 he looked a decade younger! I didn't think of it much until picturing him paired with Regina. Despite only being Maguire being only a few months older than Parrilla, she looks much younger than him on the series.

I really liked how they incorporated Tinkerbell into the overall Fairy Lore of the Enchanted Forrest. It does annoy me though that Nova the Fairy (Amy Acker) hasn't reappeared though. It's heartbreaking that the vocational divide that kept her apart from Grumpy is no longer an issue, yet they haven't reconnected.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I really loved this Episode. A little Rumple, some badassary on a few Characters parts and alot of progress in the Story. Got to wonder if they will bring Neil directly to Henry and Pan, but he would probably just strand Neil somewhere in the forest to fight for himself.

I loved Tinkerbells Storyline and cant wait to see her more in Action. She has been through alot and all that for helping Regina.

Thing that had me yelling WTF at the screen though was the Scene of Mulan with Aurora. No problem with Mulan being in love with her. Just asking if I am the only one that recognized that location? They used Hollow Bastion from Kingdom Hearts as a Basis for the Design. Its almost exactly the same, just updated in Graphics. I will try to deliver a screenshot. Its hard to find a pic of that location though. In the Game the Place was called Hollow Bastion and was home to Maleficent
      Last edited by tomstone; 14 October 2013, 10:54 AM.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I can't believe we're getting mooooore Regina and Snow flashbacks. For pete's sake, we know their story, move on to other characters!
        How about a flashback where Archie meets the Hatter?
        And Belle? Whatever happened to Belle? Do the writers even care about her character anymore? When did she last get a flashback episode?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well this episode kindof highlighted what happened to Tinker Bell so they needed the flashbacks of Tinker Bell leading Regina to her happy ending. I think all the other flashbacks that are like Snow and Charming defeating Regina, I think those are getting a little old.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            Thing that had me yelling WTF at the screen though was the Scene of Mulan with Aurora. No problem with Mulan being in love with her.

Maybe its cause i am old fashioned, but that scene made me scratch my head and wonder "are they adding a gay character, just cause nearly every other tv show these days seems to have one just to be PC"??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Maybe its cause i am old fashioned, but that scene made me scratch my head and wonder "are they adding a gay character, just cause nearly every other tv show these days seems to have one just to be PC"??
              i have a bit of a hearing prob, so i couldn't hear everything said in that scene, so i wasn't sure i was 'seeing' that mulan loved that woman or not... now i know.

poor mulan!

and i have a small tv in my room, so i couldn't see who regina's mystery man was, so i didn't know it was robin hood! cool!

i enjoyed this ep more than the first two.

i like tinkerbell and the actress playing her, so i hope she stays around.

so peter pan is trying to make henry a lost boys gang-banger?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                + Tinkerbell and the Blue Fairy

+ Regina and the Dark One flashbacks

+ Another Henry Mystery

+ Regina and Tinkerbell flashbacks

- Charming is dying? meh can't say i really liked the character anyway, i bet they will find a work around

- Regina and Tinkerbell in the present didn't really like this part found it abit boring, Regina hasn't completely reformed yet after all and shes trying to preach to the choir....... really

- No Mr Gold

- Regina and The Dark One's flashbacks were too short
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 14 October 2013, 02:23 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode. I liked Tinkerbell a lot. I liked the Tinkerbell/Regina flashbacks and the present day stuff.

Mulan being in love with Aurora came as a surprise, since last season it seemed as though Mulan had a thing for Phillip. At first I was wondering why in the world Mulan looked so happy to be telling Aurora that she was in love with Phillip, and then it was like "Oh, I see, it's not Phillip she's in love with" lol. It's different and I think it's better than just having Mulan love Phillip.

I'm not sure how I feel about Robin Hood being Regina's other true love. I guess it's cute and he has a kid that Regina can grow to love.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i have a bit of a hearing prob, so i couldn't hear everything said in that scene, so i wasn't sure i was 'seeing' that mulan loved that woman or not... now i know.

poor mulan!
                    The gist of it was
                    Spoiler:
                    When bae was talking to Mulan and Robin hood, that he didn't know if he would get Emma back cause of the mistake he made in the past of never telling her he loved her, it made Mulan initially refuse the offer of Hood to join his merry men and she went back to Princess Aurora to tell her just that, but stops when Aurora tells her the "Good news her and her prince are expecting a baby". This sends her back at the end of the episode to join the merry men

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    so peter pan is trying to make henry a lost boys gang-banger?
                    its a little more complicated than that. He seems to think that
                    Spoiler:
                    henry is the chosen one who will bring magic back to ALL lands, vice being Emma, and seems to think if he can make him a lost boy, he can do just that, since he 'is a true believer'

- No Mr Gold
                    It was strange we didn't see him other than in the flashbacks with the Evil queen as the dark one..

I'm not sure how I feel about Robin Hood being Regina's other true love. I guess it's cute and he has a kid that Regina can grow to love.
                    Maybe that is Why the pixie dust showed him as being her "True love"..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      The gist of it was when bae was talking to Mulan and Robin hood, that he didn't know if he would get Emma back cause of the mistake he made in the past of never telling her he loved her, it made Mulan initially refuse the offer of Hood to join his merry men and she went back to Princess Aurora to tell her just that, but stops when Aurora tells her the "Good news her and her prince are expecting a baby". This sends her back at the end of the episode to join the merry men.
                      where does the mulan loving aurora come in then?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

From what I understood, when Bae was talking about it being a mistake to not tell someone when you love them it made Mulan realize that she needed to confess her love to Aurora but her being preggo stopped Mulan from telling her.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Mulan in love with Aurora? Not necessarily so. When we first met her, she was helping Phillip find Aurora and Mulan was in love with him. So she very well could have been wanting to tell her good friend Aurora about this love, hoping for some kind of turn of events. But they purposely clouded her relationship with both Aurora and Phillip earlier, so I wonder if it's a ploy to keep us guessing what side of the fence she's on. Well, maybe she was hoping for a menage a trios.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                            Mulan in love with Aurora? Not necessarily so. When we first met her, she was helping Phillip find Aurora and Mulan was in love with him. So she very well could have been wanting to tell her good friend Aurora about this love, hoping for some kind of turn of events. But they purposely clouded her relationship with both Aurora and Phillip earlier, so I wonder if it's a ploy to keep us guessing what side of the fence she's on. Well, maybe she was hoping for a menage a trios.
                            Well, Aurora having a Baby doesnt really matter in case of a Threesome. I got it as the others did as Mulan wanting to confess her love and when she was rejected, simply went on to do other things. She was happily anxious to tell Aurora, there would be no reason to be happy to tell your friend you are in love with her Boyfriend.

I dont remember any romantic notions in the short screentime Mulan had with the Prince, but I could be missing something. I never really got a romantic vibe between Aurora and Mulan either, so who knows.

And really? Nobody here knows Hollow Bastion? The more I watch of this Series and the Alice in Wonderland thing, the more I think these Series are build up on Disneys and Square Enix Kingdom Hearts Universe.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

It's actually Mulan's child :/

Comment

Working...
                              X