Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Man 3. The cost of Destruction.

Hi everyone,
    I've recently watched my brand new Iron Man 3 dvd, and a question springs to mind. That question is what was the value of everything destroyed that was owned by Tony Stark?? Form his Malibu high tech pad to all of his 42 armours + the valuables that his home contained??
    Some where I read the value of his Malibu home would have been $40,000,000 due to is location and land prices.
    But its the value of the armours that have me stumped. I've a rough mental figure of tens of billions of Dollars for the complete legion of 42 Armours. But I would like a second opinion on this please.
    Also what would the cost of clearing the sight of all the debris of his destroyed Malibu home that fell into the ocean.

Well it would be HIGH... don't know if actual figure matters seeing how they felt more like tissue paper rather than real armor...

Comment

I too was surprised he blew up ALL his suits.. Such a waste imo, and unless they all fully self destructed, those fragments can now be gathered up by anyone and used by others to make more suits..
      Or is that WHY they did it.. to lead into the armor wars.

Comment

Hi there everyone,
        after looking online I found an info graphic which has the values of the first 7 armours.
        Mark 1 = $0,
        Mark 2 = $80 million,
        Mark 3 = $119 million,
        Mark 4 = $120 million,
        Mark 5 = $400 million, (suitcase armour),
        Mark 6 = $130 million,
        Mark 7 = $500 million. That is the grand total of $1,349,000,000.

Given that at the end of Iron Man 3 Stark was up to Mark 42.
        And each of those suits was built for a specific purpose it is reasonable to speculate that each would individually cost more than the Mark 7.
        I estimate that each of the remain suits would cost around $875 million.
        So for the 35 suits of the Iron Legion @ $875 million, the grand total would be $30,625,000,000.

So the grand total for all the Iron Man armours is $31,974,000,000.
        That is right ladies and gentlemen nearly $32 BILLION.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
          So the grand total for all the Iron Man armours is $31,974,000,000.
          That is right ladies and gentlemen nearly $32 BILLION.
          That's why things like this are only possible in movieland.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

I doubt all were that costly.. 4-5 of them i can maybe see being as costly as the Mk 7 suit, but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I doubt all were that costly.. 4-5 of them i can maybe see being as costly as the Mk 7 suit, but not all.
              Okay so say the average cost of the Iron Legion armours is between the cost of the Mark 6 and Mark 7 so about $315 million.

That would still put the cost the Iron Legion set of 35 armours at $11,025,000,000. That is still BILLIONS of dollars.
              That is still a grand total of $12 Billion for all 42 armours.

Or if we take the cost of each armour close to that of the Mark 6 of around $150 million cause of the hardware and fire-power upgrades. That will still run Stark to an investment of $5,250,000,000 for the Iron Legion alone. For all 42 armours it is slightly more than $6 BILLION.

Comment

Well, he is a multi billionaire in his own right.. BUT having all that cash wasted is imo a shame.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  Thanks to the Forbes Fictional 15 rich list of 2013 Tony Stark's wealth was estimated at $12.4 Billion.
                  Even if you allow the value of whole Iron Legion at $6 Billion (if you accept an average value per armour at $150 Million).
                  Effectively at the end of Iron Man 3 Tony had lost around HALF his personal wealth!! Because it would stand to reason that he would invest his own cash to build his armours. So turning his liquid assets into physical ones.
                  Even for a Billionaire that would be felt imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
                    Hi everyone,
                    Thanks to the Forbes Fictional 15 rich list of 2013 Tony Stark's wealth was estimated at $12.4 Billion.
                    Even if you allow the value of whole Iron Legion at $6 Billion (if you accept an average value per armour at $150 Million).
                    Effectively at the end of Iron Man 3 Tony had lost around HALF his personal wealth!! Because it would stand to reason that he would invest his own cash to build his armours. So turning his liquid assets into physical ones.
                    Even for a Billionaire that would be felt imho.
                    Or, another way that we could view this is that Stark's estimated wealth of $12+ billion includes only assets like his house(s), car(s), art, company shares, actual cash on hand, and so on.

The suits and other materials could be viewed as being "priceless" since they are one of kind items, and therefore can't be included in an estimation of Stark's personal worth. So, as I see it, Stark's personal worth could be seen as being somewhere north of $18 billion (the Forbe's estimation of Stark's wealth, plus your estimated raw material value of the various suits).

Add to the above the value of the ideas (actual patents and new ideas for improvements floating around in Stark's head), the tech to make the tech, and the "priceless" value of the finished products (the actual suits, not just their material cost). All of that could put Stark as the wealthiest guy on the planet.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                    X