This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could wraith meet with replicators?

It seems to me that it would make sense if the replicators. Imagine if the wraith were beaten back like the asgard were?!!!! Could they possibly reach atlantis?!!! Tell me what you think

The chances of Replicators making it to Pegasus are very slim, because they have no knowledge of it, and chances are never will,
    Spoiler:
    because they were destroyed in our galaxy
    and as of yet, no one else knows how to gate to Pegasus.

Now when I say no knowledge of it, I mean they don't know of what it contains, so they have no need to go there. Not to mention that they wouldn't be interested in the Wraith's tech because it is organically based.

Comment

While I would love the crossover and the chance to see a bunch of Wraith ships eaten apart by Replicators, I don't think it is going to happen. It is kind of important for the series' to have their own distinct bad guys and such, lest the fact that they are two separate shows becomes blurred, making one or the other seem redundant.

Comment

I don't think this will happen any time soon either - just because of the reason dd78matt mentioned
        What's more, I wouldn't want them to mix the two series too much...

Comment

I too think it's unlikely, but wouldn't replicarter have known about atlantis and shared the knowledge with her brethren, what is the possibility that one or more of the replicator ships were in deep space far away from stargates, and the disruption wave would've dissapated before reaching that far?

It is all up to the writers and how desperate they get.
          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Well, from what I've heard about the Wraith, and I don't know if this is entirely true, it seems to me that their ships are somewhat made up of biomatter. So if the Replicators did come to Pegasus, they wouldn't want to eat much of the Wraith, because there isn't alot of metal onboard Hive ships.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
              Not to mention that they wouldn't be interested in the Wraith's tech because it is organically based.
              My thoughts as well. Replicators seem to search out various alien hi-tech to advance themselves. I don't think they would find the Wraith very useful with their organic-based civilization. Unless TPTB haven't shown us everything.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                Not to mention that they wouldn't be interested in the Wraith's tech because it is organically based.
                ok, didn't read that at first, but why would the replicators want organic tech? dont they thrive on metals like naqueda and trinium?
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  ok, didn't read that at first, but why would the replicators want organic tech? dont they thrive on metals like naqueda and trinium?
                  If there are humonoid replicators left or if new ones are made, and they somehow become aware of the wraith, they might want the knowledge. Even the little replibugs take over ships and know to find out about mineral/technology rich planets etc in the ship's database.
                  Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Even if they wanted to get to pegasus it would take them ages unless they had a zpm powering there engines. but the wraith wouldnt be able to fight them,if im correct the goauld weapons dont on them, and a wraith blaster would have no chance, so it would be quite funny, but on the other hand not, if they got into the wraith database they would come streight for atlantis. although saying all this(SPOILER hilight to see)the replicators were destroyed in one of the last episodes of sg-1 season 8 so it wouldnt happen anyway

Thanks
                    Lewis
                    Last edited by Lewis1_2_3; 14 February 2005, 02:34 PM.
                    Carter: "ok. 23 accross, the atomic weight of boron. answer is ten"
                    O'Neill: "Yes"
                    Carter: "you wrote the word fat."

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                      No, I said they wouldN'T be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by deandragonstars
                        It seems to me that it would make sense if the replicators. Imagine if the wraith were beaten back like the asgard were?!!!! Could they possibly reach atlantis?!!! Tell me what you think
                        Anything is possible in sci-fi, to some extent, but the better question is: should they meet? The answer is: NO. If I see one more damned replicator, especially on Atlantis, I'm going to have to stop watching the show. Let them die!

Plus, it's organic tech...biotech probably isn't appealing to the Reps.

Comment

The Replicators in Pegasus would be a bad thing. They'd take out one Wraith ship then make a beeline for Atlantis. Replicators always seek out the most advanced technology, and Atlantis is the most advanced technology in that galaxy, and the Wraith know about it.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                            The Replicators in Pegasus would be a bad thing. They'd take out one Wraith ship then make a beeline for Atlantis. Replicators always seek out the most advanced technology, and Atlantis is the most advanced technology in that galaxy, and the Wraith know about it.

-IMF
                            How do you know they'd take out the Wraith? Speculation or based on fact? Setting the whole "outnumbered" thing aside, the Holoancient said the Wraith rivaled the Ancients in technology and abiliites (and outnumbered them). This is how they defeated the Ancients. Not just numbers.

Ancient knowledge defeated the Replicators, or at least set them back (New Order).

Wraith defeated Ancients.
                            Ancient knowledge was able to destroy reps.
                            Therefore, using a simple syllogism, the Wraith should be able to defeat or at least repel the Reps.

Plus, the Wraith use biotechnology. The Wraith have not encountered this before. Don't be sure they would prevail in a conflict with the Wraith. Another thing, we haven't seen all of the Wraiths' capabilities. It's very likely, to me, that the Wraith could wipe out the Reps.

It's really amazing how so many gateworlders believe the Reps are invincible. They are overwhelming, but not invicincible. The Asgard are also not invincible. Even the Goa'uld have defeated the Asgard in specific battles.

After Reckoning II, there will be no more reps in Stargate. If there are, it will be one of those "we've run out of ideas so we're bringing back an old lame idea" episode. Personally, I'd rather see the Wraith fight a Goa'uld system lord who fled to the Pegasus galaxy, or Anubis (if he's able to stop fighting Oma), or the Aschen, or someone else familiar to us, but unfamiliar to them.

If the Reps crossover to Atlantis, it's also likely that the Ancient tech there, coupled with Dr. McKay, would wipe teh reps out of existence.

Comment

The reason the Replicators became so dangerous in the first place is that the first time one sees them, you tend to not understand how bad a situation you are in until it's too late... the Replicators are then everywhere in your ship and have a good understanding of your technology. Spoilers for the back half of the season and Reckoning:
                              Spoiler:
                              The Wraith's tech isn't anywhere near as good as the Ancients's tech. This is made plain in the final few eps. They simply overwhelmed the Ancients by strength of numbers. Though, I do believe their tech is more advanced than the Goa'uld in many places. They are very adaptable to new situations as well, and are strategic thinkers way above the Goa'uld. They defeat on of the defence plans very inventively. I'd say that the Wraith may be able to take out the Reps in time, but the Reps could take a single Hive ship no problem, and once they do that... Atlantis is up the creek.

Oh, and Reckoning did not wipe out the Reps entirely, just in the Milky Way.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X