Fall TV anticipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall TV anticipation

I was just browsing a list of new/returning shows for this fall.

Looking forward to some new shows; Sleepy Hollow, Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D, Almost Human.
    The Hollow Crown sounds interesting too and has Tom Hiddleston and Patrick Stewart. (not sure if this in new)
    Possibly Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

I'm also looking forward to The Walking Dead, Grimm, and Castle!

My DVR is gonna be smokin'!

Thoughts?

There are several new and returning shows that i'm really excited about for this upcoming t.v season

there are also several shows i am on the fence about
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I don't really watch much TV, so I'll probably only bother taping Supernatural, so I can watch it whenever I have a free moment.

I'll probably check out S.H.I.E.L.D. at some point too, as I love Marvel, but again it'll be taped for watching in bouts when I have a free moment or two.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
        My DVR is gonna be smokin'!

Thoughts?
        There's a lot of good/quality TV, that's for sure. I'm following lots of series these days!

One very important thing is very much missing though and that is some real space SciFi. There still is not a lot of SciFi for me to really enjoy. IMHO most things (SciFi that I watch) are semi SciFi these days, mostly post apocalypse. I'm really missing Stargate!!
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

This fall looks really good for us! my favorites seems to be S.H.I.E.L.D., Almost Human, The Crazy Ones, The Michael J. Fox Show, Sleepy Hollow, The Tomorrow People and Dracula.... Next year CBS will release intelligence with Josh Holloway it has a concept similar to chuck only on a more serious tone I guess I won't be watching them all this year but at some point I will be checking them out!
          sigpic

Comment

Agents of SHIELD
            Agents of SHIELD
            Agents of SHIELD
            Agents of SHIELD

|| twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Looking forward to...

New 'Castle'
              New 'NCIS'
              New 'Doctor Who'

Sleepy Hollow
              Atlantis
              Reign (maybe)
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Well I'm looking forward to Grimm!

but as for new shows I'm only planning on watching Tomorrow People and maybe Shield, depending on how much time I have and if they are any good.
                sigpic

Comment

Doesn't look like there's anything there that I'd bother watching. Fantasy is IMO better suited to the feature film genre, and I'm not in the least interested in post-apocalyptic shows (the last one that I watched and really liked was BSG, but it was so much more than simply post-apocalyptic).

Of the old shows, I'll watch Doctor Who whenever it's on, and now that it's been greenlit for a second season, I might try Under the Dome as well.

I really miss space-based sci-fi on TV.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wish I was excited about the new season, but there are only a couple of new shows that look marginally interesting to me. Sleepy Hollow, really? Really? What next, a drama about Humpty Dumpty?
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to

Tomorrow People, hopefully there won't be to much teenage angst on the show,
                      Almost Human, (even if it hardly original, Total Recall 2070 springs to mind)
                      Blacklist
                      Last ship it Micheal Bay, it bound to have the most silly storyline, with a thousand plotholes.

Helix- As silly as Last ship will probably be it will be entertaining, Helix will probably be dull boring story that concentrates on all the boring bits.

Star-Crossed - Is a big maybe, it has huge potential but seem to have been ruin by having to many teenanges angsts and to many of the actors look like 25 year olds instead of teenage actors and it a shame they are humans look aliens instead of District 9 type aliens instead. Does America suffer from a shortage of teenage actors?

The Hundred - concept seem to have the same problems as the above. But then it has more action and hopefully we will see more survival and them build a new colony as the show move forwards. The show should end with something like Terra Nova colony having been built.

Believe - sound very much like Touch. Which had a brilliant first season, crap second. This come from JJ Abrams who lacks the capabilities as a writer to build consistent and convincing worlds around his characters.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 15 September 2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                        I wish I was excited about the new season, but there are only a couple of new shows that look marginally interesting to me. Sleepy Hollow, really? Really? What next, a drama about Humpty Dumpty?
                        I actually liked the preview and read some good reviews, you never know....

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                          I actually liked the preview and read some good reviews, you never know....
                          Well I do take your point, it wouldn't be the first show that sounded idiotic but turned out to be good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Most anticipated shows that are returning in the fall: The Walking Dead and Supernatural. The only two shows I will make sure to never miss followed by Justified and Mad Men which don't return till 2014. Some others I watch but don't always see every ep: Person of Interest and Once Upon a Time.

As far as new shows go, Almost Human is the only one that has my interest enough that I will try to make an effort to watch. Maybe S.H.I.E.L.D., The Tomorrow People, and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and then Intelligence which I assume is a 2014 show with Josh Holloway and mostly because it has Josh in it. Ditto for Almost Human with Karl Urban. I come for the shallowness and hope the stories are good because eye candy can only go so far....
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

And now I have to eat my words, because Sleepy Hollow wound up being a lot of fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X