This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolt Against Bsg!!!!

I have had it up to here with Battlestar Galatica!

First) They took away the last spot on SG-1 Monday. I hated mondays, now they are fun ( plus it ends right when Family Guy begins, perfect! )

Second) I don't care what critics think! I think we all are pissed at the commercials about BSG during Stargates.

Third) ...

Ok thats all really but its so easy to see Sci-fi ditched Stargate for their new favorite. Anyone else feel the same way?

Can't say I agree. I've quite enjoyed the new BSG. I didn't know it was coming on Monday nights at 10:00, as I watch in on Fridays at 10:00, but let's face it, they've run Stargate so many times, we should have the eps memorized by now.

And SciFi is a business. BSG is making them money and many people like it. Why wouldn't they keep playing it?
    sigpic

Comment

Because, its mean!

Maybe you were an only child, but I had 3 younger siblings, and I hated when they would pay so much attention when one was born.

They never have any 'Yay for stargate!' commercials.

the LEAST they can do is make the 10pm slot SGA. It can still be Stargate Monday, and in fairness, SGA was here before BSG.

(plus its better)

Comment

So it's not about BSG not being good, is just you throwing a tantrum because you're favorite show seems to get less attention. Fan jealousy?

BSG is really an amazing show. It's not a competition between the shows to see which ones gets the best spot. If you like it, you watch it. A lot of people watch BSG and that's what SciFi is reacting to. If SGA and SG1 started attracting even more people, it would soon change and be the other way around.
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

sg1 is better than Bsg. Of course it is. Stargate kicks Bsg's a**.
          However, the one thing that I do like about Bsg is the maneuverability (sp?) of the fighter ships. Some of the action is pretty impressive.

Overall, I would rather watch a re-run of the worst stargate episode than have Bsg stealing its place. Afterall, Bsg's storyplots are just crazy and the whole Cylon thing just gives me a damned headache, whereas stargate has a good solid storyplot to fall back on when things get desperate.
          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I have to say that I absolutely love the new BSG. I also love both Stargates, but I couldn't say that one was better than the others. BSG is such a different show, its completely comparing apples and oranges for me to try and compare BSG with the Stargate shows.

FWIW, I am the oldest of three siblings, and they stole my stuff all the time and I'm still ok with the shows.

Lastly, if Stargate (either one) turns into one of those shows that needs to put down other shows to survive or do well, it might as well pack it in. I don't think that is remotely the case, but the principle remains. (All IMHO, of course!)

Yas

Comment

So it's not about BSG not being good, is just you throwing a tantrum because you're favorite show seems to get less attention. Fan jealousy?
              No, this is entirely about BSG stealing the spot light, not sharing, but stealing. I mean, even look at the Sci-Fi Friday commercials, the group for BSG *is* larger.

Stargate Monday should stay STARGATE monday. They should replace the 10pm with SGA, because it would still be Stargate Monday. Also, we want SGA reruns, why is it that BSG gets reruns before SGA?

Its like your thirteen your old son getting his drivers liscense before your sixteen year old daughter. Its not fair. My reaction and stand is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Age shouldn't be the deciding factor and things change.

It'll only be there for a short while as they only have 13 episodes and the mini-series to air. Before long you'll get your SG-1 Mondays back.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisluva
                  No, this is entirely about BSG stealing the spot light, not sharing, but stealing. I mean, even look at the Sci-Fi Friday commercials, the group for BSG *is* larger.

Stargate Monday should stay STARGATE monday. They should replace the 10pm with SGA, because it would still be Stargate Monday. Also, we want SGA reruns, why is it that BSG gets reruns before SGA?

Its like your thirteen your old son getting his drivers liscense before your sixteen year old daughter. Its not fair. My reaction and stand is perfectly reasonable.
                  Yes, it is reasonable to a degree, but I think you are overreacting a bit. No offence, but BSG is a SciFi original, which is why they are pushing it a bit more now than Stargate. They have a lot more invested in BSG than the Stargate shows, I believe, because it is a SciFi original.

I do think they are over doing the BSG reruns a bit, though. You click on the schedule for SciFi and a good portion of it is BSG. Personally, I haven't watched the show yet and therefore can't have an opinion on its quality. I just watch my Stargate(Andromeda before that ) and then turn the TV off or switch the channel. I might force myself to watch it sometime, it's just that the story premise that I've heard from the advertisements haven't grasped my interest. Cylons? Earth is gone? Okay... *shrugs*

I'm sure SciFi knows what franchise has brought in the ratings this past year and rejuvinated their channel. They'll give Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis it's dues. Don't worry. Stargate is their big money maker now. Perhaps they feel they don't need to promote it as much since it has such a large following. BSG is new and they want the word out about the show.
                  Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

BSG is not a bad show. I would watch it if it i didn't get motionsickness from all the damned hand held shots. But I do agree that Stargate Monday should stay stargate. I do agree that they should reair the new sg-1 and sga episodes rather that the bsg eps.

Comment

Time to go into battle sister!!!

How dare they replace my extra hour of cute Michael Shanks with this...BSG dude.

A) STARGATE Monday, not SciFi Monday or spaceship monday, stargate.

B) People want SGA reruns. Come on, I only have pictures of Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett to look at when the tv is off, make it two nights a week to keep this girl happy

C)BSG's storyline is weak, SG's is huge. Plus BSG has little room for a large story line and no potential really to keep people entertained. Oh no, cylons and still chasing! Sure, a little battles and everything, but unless they might even colonize a few planets ( highly unlikely ), it is just a cat and mouse which WILL bore people.
                      RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I do like the new BSG, but I think they should put it on a different time. Not only because it's taking away from Stargate, but by the end of the week I'm so exhausted that I usually fall asleep when it's on. They should put it on its own night instead of Ripley's Believe it or Not or one of their dumb movies, even if it's just one episode.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Lessee...

Sci-Fi airs Stargate every weekday. 4 eps on Monday, 1 Tuesday through Thursday, and 3 on Fridays. BSG gets one ep on Friday, and that same ep on Monday, and I think they air that same episode some Saturdays. Stargate is FAAAAARRRR better represented in the lineup than BSG. Galactica is getting some limelight, justly deserved, but Sci-Fi is still treating the Stargate franchise as it's flagship.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

But we want SGA !!!!
                            RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luneria
                              But we want SGA !!!!
                              it probably has to do with going into syndication before sci fi can re air episodes.

why do people think that BSG and SG are in competition? they are on the same network! sci fi needs both of them to do well because they have invested money in both of them! they dont want one to do better than the other they want them both to do good! of course there is going to be more advertisements for BSG, its brand new and sci fi has invested a lot of money in it and needs to recoup that investment! SG has been on for 8 years and is very well know and has a solid fan base, they could stop advertising SG completely and it would still get decent ratings because of that fan base. BSG needs to build up that fan base. sci fi has a limited amount of time to devote to advertisement, and if comes down to airing a promo for SG or BSG which are the gonna choose for the immediate future? the new one of course. and as for the Sci Fi friday promo having more people represented, BSG has a bigger central cast. if you wanna complain about that promo, complain about the fact that they left MS out of the SG-1 group!

Comment

Working...
                              X