Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Have a Dedicated Folder! (2013-2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Have a Dedicated Folder! (2013-2014)

Welcome to the 2013-2014 broadcast season!

Every year at GateWorld Forum we ask you which shows you want to see get their own dedicated folders. This year we're doing both brand new sci-fi and fantasy shows and returning favorites. Vote for as many as you think you'd use. (Of course, we recognize that many folks don't know if they'll latch onto a new series until they have actually had a chance to see it.)

To start out with, we're just focusing on shows that will be airing during the fall. If your other favorites are coming in the winter, spring, or next summer, come back to vote for them later in the season.

So, the question is:

Which would you like to see get a dedicated discussion folder here at GateWorld Forum? Which do you think you'd actively participate in?

Vote for as many as you want in the poll above, and post below if you have anything to say (or other series to suggest). As in the past, there is no guarantee that the top vote-getters will receive a dedicated folder. But an important part of the decision hinges on what you guys want and how many members would actually make use of it.

Thanks!
    Almost Human
    21.05%
    Atlantis (BBC)
    13.16%
    Bitten
    13.16%
    Helix
    10.53%
    Lost Girl
    23.68%
    Once Upon A Time In Wonderland
    18.42%
    The Tomorrow People
    0.00%
    The Vampire Diaries
    0.00%
    Last edited by Darren; 14 September 2013, 12:51 AM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Revolution - its the only scifi show I can see on there.

Comment

Why not make a Marvel folder in general, for all things, well, Marvel...?

Comment

I definitely think Shield should have a folder (where all the comic books can be discussed).
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think any of them should have a dedicated folder at this point. At least a couple of them haven't even premiered yet.

Comment

I've voted for the shows that caught my interest;
            Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
            Sleepy Hollow
            The Tomorrow People - Just have to see this version after having watched this way back in the '70's!
            Atlantis

It does however depend on how popular they turn out to be I guess, but it is nice to have a dedicated folder to go into where episodes can be talked about without having to use spoiler tags.

Comment

It's too early to say, except for the 3 returning series on the list:
              • Lost Girl - a likeable series that generates too few comments to merit a folder
              • The Vampire Diaries - an awful series that also generates too few user posts to merit a folder
              • Revolution - the sci-fi series that I hate-watch, but at least it generates more user posts than Lost Girl and Vampire Diaries combined.

Comment

I watched "Sleepy Hollow" this evening and have to say (reservedly) that I really liked it, and will be watching future episodes.

Plus, the actor that plays Ichabod Crane is gorgeous!

I'll be watching other new shows that will soon be premiering and see what I think of them.

Comment

^ I too was unsure about Sleepy Hollow but ended up really liking it once i watched it

I voted for The Vampire Diaries again, sadly i dont think there are too many fans on this board that like the show

How about moving Sanctuary to the show archive?
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 16 September 2013, 11:43 PM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

HAVEN. Totally Haven.

Most of these are too early to call.

If new shows are added to the poll later in the season, will we be able to vote again?
                    sigpic
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is likely to generate the buzz and the level of discussion to deserve a folder.

Revolutions fun to watch because so bloody easy to spot the plot holes, it worst that the star trek films and that saying something.

Comment

The Vampire diaries, mainly because we already have 4 seasons to already discuss where as a few of the others have yet to air and it is unknown yet whether they will even be successful.
                        Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                        Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is likely to generate the buzz and the level of discussion to deserve a folder.

Revolutions fun to watch because so bloody easy to spot the plot holes, it worst that the star trek films and that saying something.
                          Whether it's on at 8:00 or 9:00 on Tuesdays, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is up against both NCIS series, which are extremely popular. So it will be interesting to see what the ratings are.

Comment

New folders have been added for:

Revolution

Marvel Universe (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Both shows start this week!

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                              New folders have been added for:

Revolution

Marvel Universe (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Both shows start this week!
                              Nice one, I'd like to see one for Haven too.

Comment

Working...
                              X