Rising and shields of Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising and shields of Atlantis

So I started to watch Atlantis again and noticed one thing immediately. It was explained that due to city shields failing, shield contracted to few centimeters around the buildings instead of keeping nice half sphere and that's where it doesn't make any sense. Half sphere is an object with least surface area meaning keeping half sphere will always require less energy rather than collapsing shields just around the buildings. So shields collapsing just around the buildings actually increased energy required to keep shields up tremendously.
    The cake is a lie...

i see what you are saying as the full shields are higher and would have less pressure from the water as well. We should not take it to heart though as there are a million things that are just not possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
      So I started to watch Atlantis again and noticed one thing immediately. It was explained that due to city shields failing, shield contracted to few centimeters around the buildings instead of keeping nice half sphere and that's where it doesn't make any sense. Half sphere is an object with least surface area meaning keeping half sphere will always require less energy rather than collapsing shields just around the buildings. So shields collapsing just around the buildings actually increased energy required to keep shields up tremendously.
      You're forgetting that the shield also shrunk and only a small part of the main tower still had shields.
      Also you're assuming that there's only "one shield". Might there not be a general sphere shield and also minor shields all over the building? About this I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure about the first thing. A whole bunch of the city was no longer protected by the shield and only had the walls and such, hence why some parts were flooded where water had protruded through damaged sections or nooks and crannies.
      At least that's my first idea.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I think they were meaning the shields pulled inward.

Comment

Half sphere shield has a much bigger volume compared to the shield collapsed to just a few centimeters around the buildings, so if the shield energy requirement works as I think it would require less energy to hold less volume. That's only my idea though, I could be just as wrong as I could be right.
          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
          X