Why the temporarily new chevron guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the temporarily new chevron guy?

Sorry if this well known information to some, but I've always wondered; why did Walter suddenly disappear during the second season, and got replaced with Lt. Simmons as the new chevron guy? Was it because Gary Cooper couldn't make appearances at the time, or did the show/network want to appeal to a younger audience by getting a young, good looking man as the show's chevron guy?

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
    Sorry if this well known information to some, but I've always wondered; why did Walter suddenly disappear during the second season, and got replaced with Lt. Simmons as the new chevron guy? Was it because Gary Cooper couldn't make appearances at the time, or did the show/network want to appeal to a younger audience by getting a young, good looking man as the show's chevron guy?
    Do you mean Gary Jones rather than Gary Cooper? Gary Jones is the person who played Walter. Maybe Lt. Simmons was there on Walter's day off or on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Do you mean Gary Jones rather than Gary Cooper? Gary Jones is the person who played Walter. Maybe Lt. Simmons was there on Walter's day off or on weekends.
      Whoops sorry! Yes of course I meant Gary Jones

Comment

Either Gary wasn't available or they just decided to use someone else for a few episodes. I think Simmons had some character development in his few episodes that they thought might work better with someone younger. Gary Jones did appear some in Season 2. In fact, out of the entire franchise, SGU Season 2 is the only one he and Amanda Tapping didn't appear in.

Comment

Working...
        X