Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The architectural style of Atlantis??

Hi there everyone,
    I've recently become hooked on the real estate shows like million dollar listing New York and selling LA. After hearing the brokers describing the style of the property and seeing it a seed was planted in my mind.
    That seed was what is the architectural style that can be best ascribed to Atlantis and similar structures such as the planet wide cityscape on Asuras?? And if you had the cash could you have a home built following it's design ethic??

Hi there everyone,
    I knew it was a long shot asking these questions. The second question is easy to answer after hitting myself upside the head for asking it in the first place, the answer is YES!! Yes you can have anything built if you have the money to do it.
    But the first question still stands which is what architectural style or movement does Atlantis and similar structure's fall under??
    Please can you guys and galls give this some thought and reply, thank you.

Comment

Um... I don't think Atlantis can be directly compared to any architectural movements on Earth. It looks reasonably modernistic and certainly the skyline looks like that of almost any island with high-rise buildings, although it was probably loosely modeled on Manhattan. What really bothers me about Lantean architecture is that it basically has big, clean lines with interesting angles, but also oddly fiddly bits in fixtures whose purpose is never explained (notably the bubbly columns filled with water).
      sigpic

Comment

According to the artist reference sheets auctioned off on eBay, it is an eclectic mix. First and foremost, check out Frank Lloyd Wright and movements close to his time period such as Mission Style furniture and decoration and Arts and Crafts Movement furniture and decoration. Lamps and stained glass furniture from these movements look very Lantean. To a lesser extent, also see Arcosanti by Paolo Soleri, traditional Japanese and European wooden houses, Bart Prince, and adobe cliff houses.

I put together a photo collection of the auction photos on eBay as well as some other findings:
        album format: http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/st...%20Inspiration
        slideshow format: http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/st...%20Inspiration
        Last edited by WraithTech; 07 July 2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you WraithTech!!! The information you have found hit the question right on the head!! And the pictures you have provided are perfect thank you!!
          I also thank you for your effort in finding the answer/pics. You rock!!!
          Can I possibly receive a copy of these pictures please and thank you.
          Last edited by Cmdr Sean Coll; 08 July 2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Glad to help. I love this stuff. I will send them to you in a .zip file link in a note.

Some other Google search terms you might want are Prairie Glass and Prairie Style furniture, and Craftsman Style furniture and glass.

Comment

Working...
            X