Under the Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the Dome

Anyone else planning to watch Under the Dome? I did read the book, but that was a while ago. I'm hoping it'll be worth it! I'm a little fuzzy about whether it's supposed to be a 13 episode mini series, or if it's planned to be multiple seasons?

I will atleast give it a try
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Yes, I'm eager to give it a try. I liked the concept of the book, but couldn't finish it. It was much more violent than King's usual horror. I'd run if this were on cable, but since it's on CBS, there's actually hope to explore the concept in less violent ways.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
        Yes, I'm eager to give it a try. I liked the concept of the book, but couldn't finish it. It was much more violent than King's usual horror. I'd run if this were on cable, but since it's on CBS, there's actually hope to explore the concept in less violent ways.
        You're right about the violence in the book, I do ok with fantasy violence, but real life stuff is too much for me.

Comment

I like how it seems like everyone has completely missed that The Simpsons Movie did this two years before the King book was even published....
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I like how it seems like everyone has completely missed that The Simpsons Movie did this two years before the King book was even published....
            Well apparently it was a novel that had had been working on for decades...Maybe the Simpsons gave him the final inspirations
            sigpic

Comment

I will watch it...
              sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading the book. I read that they will leave the season open ended just in case it gets picked up for a second season.

Comment

I was gonna say something, but changed my mind
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                    Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                    You're right about the violence in the book, I do ok with fantasy violence, but real life stuff is too much for me.
                    I bought this book thinking it was a kind of Sci Fi, (no I don't read the jacket of the book, except for one or two sentences). Then I started hearing some things about it. Your above comments have made me decide not to read the book or watch the show.
                    Thanks for saving me from the horrors.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

That's kind of a daft reason to skip something.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That's kind of a daft reason to skip something.
                        I don't do horror books or movies. so I am taking their comments into account along with the
                        Spoiler:
                        cannibalism
                        comment that I heard a while ago.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Thats a stupid reason. Its has too much interpertation
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Thats a stupid reason. Its has too much interpertation
                            No, it's not stupid.

I don't do horror either so I can understand the sentiment. Some of my friends will be watching it and they know my level of tolerance for horror and will let me know if it will be OK to watch.
                            -

Comment

I'll give it a go, but not sure how they intend to keep this one going, don't most books sort of end at some point?

Comment

Working...
                              X