Would you want a prequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you want a prequel?

I've been wondering if it would be good to have a prequel season, or maybe something along the lines of Sparticus Gods of the Arena, like a one off season or something would you enjoy this?

I personally think it would be fun to watch the series of events that made Robert Beratheon king unfold, might need more than one season tho or a full season or something like that, they could do this like at the end of the year around the time the new season starts, then air season 4/5 whatever season is on next abit later than they usually do

This has been on my mind for quite some time
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 12 June 2013, 07:41 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

NO! I hate prequels because you know how things turn out.

Comment

Once they've finished telling the (current) story I think a prequel would be an excellent idea, as I can't imagine having had enough of the characters, world and history. Plus, it would be a great opportunity to bring back all the characters people loved (to hate) that have now been killed. The only problem with that idea is that it will probably (and hopefully) be a few more years until the show is over and by then the actors and actresses will all have aged (more) and thus it would be difficult to sell them playing their younger selves...
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

A miniseries of Robert's Rebellion would be epic if they could do it with all the major battles...
        sigpic

Comment

If they film any prequel I'd like it to be the Dunk and Egg novellas. But that's set about ninety years to a century before the books, so its not really a direct prequel.

As to the Robert's rebellion. Depends who writes it I guess whether its straight from GRRM
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

I like the idea of a mini series or some such about Roberts rebellion. Only problem I see is that some of the events of the rebellion might very well spoiler future seasons of GoT because some of it has - purposefully I think - not yet been fully explained in the books.

Spoiler:
            Like why did Rhaegar what he did ? Who are Jon's parents ? What really happened to Rhaegar's children ? And so on.

Comment

I am not for or against prequels. Star Wars started with episodes 4, 5 & 6 and then went back to the beginning. X-men did 3 films, then brought out Wolverine to show his beginnings, and First Class to show the beginning of X-men. (Although First Class does not fit in with the trilogy IMO)
              I have not read the books, and try to avoid the spoilers, so could I ask, how far back would this prequel go?
              I see there was peace started when the Valeryans united the kingdoms under one king (them), so would you start from there?
              Or would you go back to before they unified the country and go through all the battles ?
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Spartacus did an excellent prequel because that it didn't really step on any toes and even though the people on the first season were going to survive, that didn't mean all of the prequel characters were going to die or live.

Game of Thrones I think would work as let's say four part mini series if they showed towards the end of Robert's Rebellion. Off of the top of my head the only spoiler during that time would be who is Jon Snow's Mom.

HBO should seriously do a four part mini series. Maybe air it between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
                Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                X