PDA

View Full Version : Varro/Ventrell Discussion

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
I am a little disappointed Mike Dopud didn't come back as the implied successor of Netan, and, logically, the one handling Telford, but rather a random thug (Varro?) under Kiva's command.

Replicator Todd
May 23rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I sure hope he is playing Ventrell and not some new character....that would make...what? Four different Stargate characters?

Pharaoh Atem
May 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
I sure hope he is playing Ventrell and not some new character....that would make...what? Four different Stargate characters?

i onyl know the one.

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM

It is a new character. IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233304/) lists him as "Varro".

Astrofighter
May 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Someone needs to ask JM in his blog about this....

SG1 -

Full Alert (2005) TV episode .... Colonel Chernovshev
Bounty (2007) TV episode .... Odai Ventrell

Atlantis -

Tracker (2008) TV episode .... Kiryk

SGU -

Subversion (2010) TV episode .... Varro

Pharaoh Atem
May 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Someone needs to ask JM in his blog about this....

no

Astrofighter
May 23rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
?

Replicator Todd
May 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
It is a new character. IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233304/) lists him as "Varro".
OH, I don't trust IMDB. But that means that he has played two different characters in SG1, one in SGA, and one in SGU. Thats just ridiculous IMO....

Replicator Todd
May 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
no

Yes.

Pharaoh Atem
May 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yes.

fine you do it. i don't read his blog anyway

the fifth man
May 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
While it would have been neat if he was playing Ventrell still, I can live with him being a different character.

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
While it would have been neat if he was playing Ventrell still, I can live with him being a different character.

At least the name starts with a "V", huh :cameron:?

Major_Griff
May 23rd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Until they mention a name on screen, I'm pretending he's Ventrell. If they don't mention a name, he could just as easily be the Runner from 'Tracker' as a random thug, so yeah I'm gonna pretend he's Ventrell.

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Until they mention a name on screen, I'm pretending he's Ventrell. If they don't mention a name, he could just as easily be the Runner from 'Tracker' as a random thug, so yeah I'm gonna pretend he's Ventrell.

Problem is, why would Ventrell be in that position (lackey)?

Major_Griff
May 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM

Well we can assume he kills Netan, but why would the high ranking LA officers allow some n00b off the street to come in and take over. Maybe there's a power struggle and Ventrell is on the losing end and he goes back to bounty hunting, but the galactic economy is in recession, so there's not a lot of bounties out so he starts doing henchman for hire work on the side.

Gollumpus
May 23rd, 2010, 07:23 PM

Well, he might be a double agent working for the SGC...

regards,
G.

meo3000
May 23rd, 2010, 07:44 PM
Well, he might be a double agent working for the SGC...

Interresting... maybe, since no one knew his face, he decided to change his name after killing Netan and try to make a new living. Theres way to manage this problem.

Replicator Todd
May 23rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
I would love it to be revealed that this "Varro" is actually Ventrell working under a new name. As in someone put a bounty on his head so he had to hide?

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
I would love it to be revealed that this "Varro" is actually Ventrell working under a new name. As in someone put a bounty on his head so he had to hide?

That would be a good revelation.

Astrofighter
May 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
yeah if they screwed that one up they could still fix it if he lives on to next season (which i am very certain he will, clearly the writers/producers like the actor to have him on all 3 shows), with him confiding in someone on Destiny his real name in an effort to try and get on their good graces and or show he has worked with humans in the past and can be trusted to an extent

mrshorty
May 23rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
From the way he peeked at Kiva torturing Rush, I'd say there is more to his character than being just a henchman. He clearly appears to have his own Agenda.

I foresee some nasty double-crossing ahead.

Gollumpus
May 23rd, 2010, 08:50 PM
From the way he peeked at Kiva torturing Rush, I'd say there is more to his character than being just a henchman. He clearly appears to have his own Agenda.

I foresee some nasty double-crossing ahead.

The torture scene and the feeding time scene suggested to me that he was not quite on the side of the LA. He gets a chance to assess Telford/Rush up close and he gets to accentuate his tough guy image with the LA types on guard duty.

regards,
G.

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
Interesting theory! I can only hope the writers have the desire to expand that character.

meo3000
May 23rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
If the fans can make a campaign to save an unknown bald asian guy, why not trying to save this guy instead? At least we know this guy can act.

Gollumpus
May 23rd, 2010, 09:07 PM
If the fans can make a campaign to save an unknown bald asian guy, why not trying to save this guy instead? At least we know this guy can act.

You are not of the Body!!! :P

regards,
G.

Ragitsu
May 23rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
B.A.G. is legendary.

Gollumpus
May 23rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
BAG does not need to act, BAG merely (for Him, "merely") is.

regards,
G.

thekillman
May 24th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Maybe Ventrell got brainwashed and has a new identity

Ganthet Jr.
May 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Wait, wasn't Varro the scientist the killed, or am I remembering wrong?

Inquisitor
May 26th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Wait, wasn't Varro the scientist the killed, or am I remembering wrong?

You're remembering wrong. It was Olan or something.

Spoiler for future sgu episodes

you'll see more of Varro/Ventrell

Pepermint Jaffa
May 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM

I hope they do that. It was bugging me the whole episode to know whether he was supposed to be the same character or not.

The one thing that suggested it might not be him is that Jackson presumably saw his face when he was taking pictures. You'd think Jackson would have recognized him if he was supposed to be the same guy.

RedXian
May 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Here's an "out there" idea

Continuing on from the theory that the LA body swapped Telford over a year ago. The thought occured to me that it then follows that Telford's conscience is in the body of an LA agent.

What is Varro is actually Telford?

Ragitsu
May 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Could that be done without communication stones?

Shai Hulud
May 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM

After Ventrell's hostile takeover of Netan's opperation Kiva's daddy Massin muscles in aswell, bountyhunter vs crime lord? Crime lord wins. Sets Kiva up with Netan's opperation, daddy's little princess is happy! :D

Starsaber
May 28th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Here's a theory. Since Ventrell wasn't a member of the Alliance before killing Netan, maybe he realized he didn't have the temperament, abilities, or connections to run the Alliance himself. Kiva's father could have been in the best position to take advantage of Netan's removal.

It's been a while since I watched seasons 9 and 10. Was it ever said that Netan was the leader of the entire Lucian Alliance, or could he have just been running their Kassa operations?

Inquisitor
May 28th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'm quite sure Netan was the leader, on SG-1's board of the Lucian Alliance he was on the top of the board.

meo3000
May 28th, 2010, 09:38 PM
The actor, Mike Dopud, is listed for six episodes. That means hes there for the first three of season 2. Hes out after "Pathogen", so it stand to reason that he gets infected and dies. If we campaign hard enough, maybe we can save him and force them to rewrite him in somehow and reshoot some scenes.

He could be our new Teal'c, by that i mean an alien being part of the away team and having to adapt to a new life style, new rules. What do you think?

Sorry, edited.

Major_Griff
May 28th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the spoiler tag.

NormaN
May 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Nice.

Now I know there is some kind of infection. Thanks a lot.

J_schinderlin56
June 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Good idea, I'm going to pretend that he's Kiryk. That way it will make no sense at all. Heh heh

Ripple in Space
June 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM

Here's a theory. Since Ventrell wasn't a member of the Alliance before killing Netan, maybe he realized he didn't have the temperament, abilities, or connections to run the Alliance himself. Kiva's father could have been in the best position to take advantage of Netan's removal.

It's been a while since I watched seasons 9 and 10. Was it ever said that Netan was the leader of the entire Lucian Alliance, or could he have just been running their Kassa operations?

So now that Varro has had a bit of character development, does anyone think he could be Ventrell, the mercenary who assassinated the former leader of the Lucian Alliance in SG-1 (both portrayed by the same actor)? For all we know in space lingo, "Varro" could be a common nickname for some named Odai Ventrell. I don't really see "Odai 'Varro' Ventrell" as being a much stranger nickname than "Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill," even though the latter is common in the US...