PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Hollow (Fox) News/Discussion/Speculation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sp!der
May 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
This seems like a bit more darker version of Once Upon A Time..... I liked the actor of Ichabod... he is quite awesome.. I hope this will get passed season one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hFg9qS_u3w

I really liked the Tim Burton version as well btw !

Wyrminarrd
May 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Seems interesting but I do wonder if the premise is strong enough to last more than one season.

mr_kennedy
May 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
I dont see what harm there will be in atleast giving it a try 6-9 episode rule applies :)

Wyrminarrd
May 23rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
I usually use a 2-3 episode rule unless the show really, really sucks in the first episode.

LtColCarter
May 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Seems interesting....

Girlbot
May 24th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Any new Sci Fi is worth the watching, at least for a few eps.

LtColCarter
May 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Any new Sci Fi is worth the watching, at least for a few eps.

Mostly true...there are some shows (even Sci Fi shows) that turn me off with their previews.

MasySyma
May 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm on the fence with this one. It's a trailer that gives a season's worth of twists away. I think it would be a fabulous mini-series, but I don't see how it can be a show that spans many seasons.

Sp!der
September 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
The pilot is premiering tonight, I will watch it at some point and I like the promos that I have seen, the characters seem really sympathic and I like the humor in the trailer, I don't have my hopes up for more than one or two seasons but I will follow this show for sure.

Spimman
September 16th, 2013, 07:49 AM
This show did NOT catch my attention UNTIL...

I was looking at the upcoming shows for the week and noticed it is competing against reruns and at this point in the summer I have NOTHING to watch so cheers for airing a week ahead of all the other shows...I'm at least going to watch the pilot episode. :o

Morgania
September 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Oh, that's on tonight. Hopefully I can see it online after class.

mr_kennedy
September 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Just Watched the Pilot and i gotta say that i really enjoyed it, Color me Intrigued

I wasnt sold on the trailers alone for this show, but i think i'm gonna watch season 1 atleast, i just hope they broaden the premise for the show as it gets on

Sparky She-Demon
September 17th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I liked it!

Lythisrose
September 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I loved it! And it did well in the ratings too. Hopefully they hold up and don't drop too much in the future.

The series premiere of Sleepy Hollow garnered a huge 3.4 adults 18-49 rating up 127 percent from a 1.5 for the premiere of The Mob Doctor on September 17, 2012, and, perhaps more surprisingly up 6 percent from a 3.2 for the premiere of The Following on January 21, 2013 and up 10 percent from a 3.1 for the premiere of Terra Nova on Monday, September 26, 2011. Your predictions were far too pessimistic. It was the highest broadcast drama premiere since the debut of Revolution and FOXs best Fall drama premiere in six years, since the short-lived K-ville in 2007.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/17/tv-ratings-monday-huge-premiere-for-sleepy-hollow-under-the-dome-finale-soars-solid-returns-for-bones-dancing-with-the-stars/202879/

Sparky She-Demon
September 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good! It did well in the ratings, that's always good!

Sp!der
September 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I watched it and I already fell in love with it. Tom Mison (Ichabod Crane) reminds me of a combination of Da Vinci (From The Da Vinci Demons) and Benedict Cumbertatch's Sherlock but with his own weird and crazy touch. Nicole Beharie (Abbie Mills) did an awesome job as well and I thought that they work quite well together, sure it is a mix of Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Grimm and all the other shows out there but it tries to be early on it's own show which I liked about it. Brian Tyler did a good job with the score as well, I hope it does well. I am not counting on it but Fringe got five season as well, why not Sleepy Hollow as well?

Sparky She-Demon
September 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I loved how he first interacted with Abbie!

mandogater
September 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
This show is not my usual cup of tea but after watching the pilot. I'm really intrigued to see where they go with it.

Sparky She-Demon
September 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
This show is not my usual cup of tea but after watching the pilot. I'm really intrigued to see where they go with it.

Ah, glad you're watching it!

hedwig
September 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
A thought or two:

Ichabod seemed to adapt to the present quite well. I thought he might have a little more trouble than he did. But I liked the show and will continue to watch it. He seemed to accept where he was than Abby did with the fact that he was from 250 years in the past.

Loved when Ichabod said "you're emancipated" to Abby; and then later asked when women had started wearing pants.

Sparky She-Demon
September 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to next week's episode!

min min light
September 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM

It's not my usual thing either, I couldn't be more surprised that I love it.

AresLover452
September 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I love this show!! It is AWESOME!!! I can't wait for more! Lol!

the fifth man
September 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I have this waiting on my DVR. Now I just have to find the time to watch it.

Sparky She-Demon
September 18th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I have this waiting on my DVR. Now I just have to find the time to watch it.

Hope you like it!

AresLover452
September 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I already have a small ficlet for Ichabod and Abbie! LMAO! I'm just waiting for FF.net to put up a sleepy hollow section! LMAO!

Sparky She-Demon
September 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I already have a small ficlet for Ichabod and Abbie! LMAO! I'm just waiting for FF.net to put up a sleepy hollow section! LMAO!

Really? Who are you over there so I can find you!

Lythisrose
September 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM

So, are people calling the ship Crabbie or Ichabbie? :P

Sparky She-Demon
September 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM
For me, it's too early to start shipping them.

fems
September 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed the pilot. Immediately liked the two leads too, that's always a good sign. I have to say though, that I thought the dark demon or whatever he is looks kinda lame (he reminds me of the creature Giles was turned into in Buffy the Vampire Slayer only blurred out) and the headless horseman looks a bit fake, too. Not sure if they're using CGI to remove the head or not but to me it looks like there's just a whole person in that costume but it's made to look like his head is missing (but in reality he isn't that tall, the top of his shoulders is actually where his head is). I could be wrong and perhaps it's just my mind being unable to accept a headless person :P Oh and the red eyes on the horse are awful too.

The rest of the special effects and makeup/costume department look great, which is probably why those others stand out more to me.

I thought it was fun to see Ichabod take in today's technology (and asphalt) but there were some moments that had me wondering if he shouldn't be more surprised or scared. I can understand he was fascinated with the car window but apparently he wasn't at all fazed by sitting in a car going much faster than what he's used to on a horse? Flashlights intrigue him (thought the gun comparison by Abbie was weird) but electrical lights like the ones seen in the mental institute don't seem to impress him at all.

Anyway, just thought he adjusted pretty fast to the changing surroundings, like seeing a lot of people of different cultures/races working together (and even the Afro-American man whose name I never got but appears to be Abbie's superior being in charge wasn't odd to him, just Abbie herself), the dress styles, architecture and weapons he's seen in the streets while walking/driving around or at the crime scenes and such. Then again, I understand they can't dedicate the entire pilot to him marveling over everything. They just made a few strange choices in my opinion.

It was very interesting to see that Abbie's coworker whose name I've already forgotten was in league with the demon and the horseman. Was he also the one who awakened the horseman? Too bad he and that reverend were killed right away, though. Am wondering who the other regular characters are going to be next. Also enjoyed the few lighthearted moments and comments (like the head and wondering if Horseman could hear them) in between. I liked that the horseman realized a gun was going to be more efficient than his own weapon but I do wonder if he's realized he'll have to reload it soon... :P

Looking forward to the next episode.

hedwig
September 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM

You should post it anyway. :)

mandogater
September 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Ah, glad you're watching it!

So am I. I also had a possible plot bunny for a Highlander: The Series crossover fic pop in my head for a minute.

Sparky She-Demon
September 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM
So am I. I also had a possible plot bunny for a Highlander: The Series crossover fic pop in my head for a minute.

Too early for fic ideas. At least for me!

mandogater
September 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
A thought or two:

Ichabod seemed to adapt to the present quite well. I thought he might have a little more trouble than he did. But I liked the show and will continue to watch it. He seemed to accept where he was than Abby did with the fact that he was from 250 years in the past.

Loved when Ichabod said "you're emancipated" to Abby; and then later asked when women had started wearing pants.

I'm betting the lighter parts of the show will all revolve around Ichabod experiencing all the new and facinting things that have been developed over the last 250 years.

Those were my two favorite moments in the show.

Sparky She-Demon
September 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'm betting the lighter parts of the show will all revolve around Ichabod experiencing all the new and facinting things that have been developed over the last 250 years.

Those were my two favorite moments in the show.

Those parts are going to be truly fun to watch!

What technological toy do you think he's going to like the most?

min min light
September 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I'll save reading the fic for summer, but I'm happy to know peope are on it!

Ian-S
September 19th, 2013, 02:20 AM

He doesn't seem to phased by radios either, I'd expect him to be freaking out in a comical English type of way such as "is there a child in there or something, what witchcraft is this?".

Wyrminarrd
September 19th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I think that the writers want to avoid all the clich's of the time traveler being amazing at things, it's been done way to many times before. Ichabod seems to have have decided to just roll with the punches and try to accept all the strangeness. Also he seems to have a level of self integrity that doesn't allow him to act like an ignorant bumpkin :)

Ukko
September 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Creepy arse demon.

hedwig
September 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I wonder what he'll do when he sees an airliner. :)

Sparky She-Demon
September 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I wonder what he'll do when he sees an airliner. :)

That should get his attention!

hedwig
September 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
That should get his attention!

Maybe seeing stuff on TV or a movie or something similar and trying to figure out where those people had gotten into them. :)

Sparky She-Demon
September 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe seeing stuff on TV or a movie or something similar and trying to figure out where those people had gotten into them. :)

Either way, it's going to be interesting to watch!

mandogater
September 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Well guns with more than one round in the them should interest him. Although I really can't wait till he discovers television, the internet or airplanes.

Sparky She-Demon
September 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Well guns with more than one round in the them should interest him. Although I really can't wait till he discovers television, the internet or airplanes.

The guns will probably interest him the most.

min min light
September 19th, 2013, 05:31 PM
In real life, he'd be addicted to his iPhone inside of a week.

hedwig
September 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM

:lol:

Thunderstorm
September 19th, 2013, 11:25 PM

It's not my usual thing either, I couldn't be more surprised that I love it.

Me too. Wasn't impressed with the commercials and not planning to watch it, but heard lots of good things about it so I searched out the pilot on Hulu and was very impressed. Will definitely tune in on Monday for 2nd ep. Very impressed by actor playing Ichabod.

Now to go back and read the other comments.

mr_kennedy
September 20th, 2013, 02:07 PM
this news has me liking this show even more :D (http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/fringe-alum-john-noble-joins-sleepy-hollow)

mandogater
September 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM
The guns will probably interest him the most.

Being only used to muzzleloaders, seeing a magazine fed weapon would be a real eye opener.

That would be a great thing to do in an episode. Give him an iPhone, have him reluctant to even hold it and be the end of the episode they have to take it away from him to get his attention.

Me too. Wasn't impressed with the commercials and not planning to watch it, but heard lots of good things about it so I searched out the pilot on Hulu and was very impressed. Will definitely tune in on Monday for 2nd ep. Very impressed by actor playing Ichabod.

Now to go back and read the other comments.

Same here.

Ian-S
September 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Does anybody else mistake Tom Mison for Tom Mason when reading?

hedwig
September 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Does anybody else mistake Tom Mison for Tom Mason when reading?

I did. :p

Sp!der
September 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
this news has me liking this show even more :D (http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/fringe-alum-john-noble-joins-sleepy-hollow)

Me too!

Morgania
September 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Finally got around to watching the pilot. He's that sort of Horseman? Really?

Anyway, I'll still be watching. I like Ichabod.

LoneStar1836
September 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Surprisingly I liked this. The premise didn't seem very interesting, but the pilot was actually good.

Morgania
September 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Uh, question....

Not sure if this actually counts as a spoiler. Anyway... if the Horseman is one of the Four (and Death), I thought he came last. Aren't War, Famine, and the other one first? This version seems more based on the Tim Burton movie, with some extra creepy doomsday stuff set in modern times.

Thunderstorm
September 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Uh, question....

Not sure if this actually counts as a spoiler. Anyway... if the Horseman is one of the Four (and Death), I thought he came last. Aren't War, Famine, and the other one first? This version seems more based on the Tim Burton movie, with some extra creepy doomsday stuff set in modern times.

Pestilence (fatal disease epidemic)
He came from the Civil War - so that takes car of War. and depending on what time period you want to count this over there has been the others also.

Morgania
September 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Pestilence (fatal disease epidemic)
He came from the Civil War - so that takes car of War. and depending on what time period you want to count this over there has been the others also.

Oh, Pestilence. Who then causes Famine. Then War, who causes Death.
Right? It makes sense that way.

It's actually the Revolutionary War. They mentioned the Civil War not waking him.

Sp!der
September 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Tonight's a new episode people, I'm excited!

Sparky She-Demon
September 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Looking forward to it as well!

hedwig
September 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Me too.

Morgania
September 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Is Fox streaming episodes? I'll be in class during the live showing.

mandogater
September 23rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Me Three.

FanGirl
September 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Loved the first ep. Watch numero dos now.

min min light
September 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Loved it! And now the nail-biting wait for the ratings ...

Sparky She-Demon
September 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
I think it went over well. Good thing that gunpowder, as long as it's kept dry, has no expiration date!

AlbinoMonkeyC
September 23rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I'm hooked. Granted I'm a complete chicken and had my glasses off half the time.

mr_kennedy
September 23rd, 2013, 11:49 PM
Really enjoying this :) hope it does well

min min light
September 24th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I'm hooked. Granted I'm a complete chicken and had my glasses off half the time.

:D This is me: "Oh no the decapitated head again LOOK AWAY!" "Someone is being set on fire LOOK AWAY!" "Crap, something bad is going to happen to that cat isn't it LOOK AWAY! Oh wait I guess not, whew ... only because the kid will be set on fire nooooo - LOOK AWAY!"

Bagpuss
September 24th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Ratings are great so far...Sleepy Hollow gets DVD Ratings Bump (http://www.scifistream.com/2013/09/sleepy-hollow-gets-dvr-ratings-bump/)

Now to twiddle my thumbs till it airs in the UK.:)

(*Oct 9 Universal Channel at 9 pm (Link) (http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/sleepy-hollow/)*)

rkgardner2003
September 24th, 2013, 02:48 AM
I am loving this show. I like how they have small scenes of Crane experiencing new things from present time without over doing it and making him look too silly. I will admit, it's creeping me out too!

FanGirl
September 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
What really creeped me out was the Asian guy! *shudder*

Sparky She-Demon
September 24th, 2013, 09:52 AM

You're not the only one who's creeped out by that!

hedwig
September 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
In the scene where Ichabod was running away from the Four Horsemen, it reminded me a lot of the scene in Lord of the Rings where the black riders were chasing the hobbits.

Morgania
September 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
In the scene where Ichabod was running away from the Four Horsemen, it reminded me a lot of the scene in Lord of the Rings where the black riders were chasing the hobbits.

You know, I think I saw that too. Oh, so the first Horseman is Conquest?

mandogater
September 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I am loving this show. I like how they have small scenes of Crane experiencing new things from present time without over doing it and making him look too silly. I will admit, it's creeping me out too!

I have a feeling those will be my favorite parts of the series.

Hopefully at some point down the road I'll stop camparing the Four Horsemen on this show to the ones in the best two-parter of Highlander: The Series.

Morgania
September 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Is it weird if I already kinda ship the two leads? Er, maybe they'll just end up great friends.

Sparky She-Demon
September 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I don't think they should get together in that manner. He's still obviously in love with Katrina.

mr_kennedy
September 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM

I know right what are they doing to Sulu......

You're not the only one who's creeped out by that!

I was like we'll i can't unsee that :p lol

FanGirl
September 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I know right what are they doing to Sulu......

I LOL'd at his reaction in the mirror when he "woke up"!!!

Sparky She-Demon
September 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I LOL'd at his reaction in the mirror when he "woke up"!!!

The Asian guy was in Star Trek?

Nikki Alexander
September 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM
So I've just finished the pilot, about to watch the next episode, and I love it already. I quite like Tom Mison, and I loved the film and I'm really liking this already. I actually really liked the trailer. It was before seeing the trailer that I was unsure when I heard about it, but seeing the trailer interested me. I can't wait to see it play out.

Sparky She-Demon
September 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
So you've seen the Johnny Depp version?

Wyrminarrd
September 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
This show is proving to be surprisingly good. Im just hoping that it manages to handle going episodic well. At least Im assuming that they plan to have the shows format be "threat of the weak" while tying it into the bigger picture.

Nikki Alexander
September 24th, 2013, 03:02 PM
So you've seen the Johnny Depp version?

Yep, I've not seen it in awhile, but I used to have it on tape before DVD's, and I watched it too many times and ended up breaking it.

Just watched episode 2, and even though I'm pretty sure it'll give me nightmares, I love it, and I want to watch more.

Sparky She-Demon
September 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Some of this show is beyond gross!

Scary Kitty
September 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Compared to other stuff out there, this show is downright tame in the "gore" department. I have nothing to complain about. :)

TheRandomOne
September 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
This show is all over the place. But I am liking it so far. That witch was hot

darkaine
September 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Really like the ideas in this show and glad to see the ratings held strong in week 2 against new programming.

One stupid question though....Ichabod doesn't seem to be calling her Lieutenant but some other English pronunciation that I can't quite make out. Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

hedwig
September 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Really like the ideas in this show and glad to see the ratings held strong in week 2 against new programming.

One stupid question though....Ichabod doesn't seem to be calling her Lieutenant but some other English pronunciation that I can't quite make out. Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

He's calling her "Leftenant".

darkaine
September 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM
OK that's what I thought they said, just now thought to google that phrase and that would appear to be something "proper" English folk do.

Morgania
September 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM
He's calling her "Leftenant".

As far as I remember that was common for his time period.

I don't think they should get together in that manner. He's still obviously in love with Katrina.

Good point. Guess I could see them ending up close friends.

min min light
September 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the Leftenant explanation! It didn't occur to me to Google it.

pjt
September 25th, 2013, 02:49 AM

You do realize that he's still calling her Lieutenant, only he's pronouncing it British? ;)
Here's the Oxford dictionary explanation for the British pronunciation:
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/lieutenant

Also The Asian guy was not only in the Star Trek movies, but also in Flash Forward, in Go On with Matthew Perry, but his most noted performance was in this Oscar nominated film about society today: American Pie.

Sparky She-Demon
September 25th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Good point. Guess I could see them ending up close friends.

Close friends, yes.

FanGirl
September 25th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Compared to other stuff out there, this show is downright tame in the "gore" department. I have nothing to complain about. :)

Compared to Supernatural, yes. It's very tame.

FanGirl
September 25th, 2013, 06:00 AM

It's the British pronunciation. Lef-tenant.

Sparky She-Demon
September 25th, 2013, 06:17 AM

Otherwise spelled the same.

AlbinoMonkeyC
September 25th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Some of this show is beyond gross!

The first five minutes of Supernatural have more gore than the first two hours of this show.

:D This is me: "Oh no the decapitated head again LOOK AWAY!" "Someone is being set on fire LOOK AWAY!" "Crap, something bad is going to happen to that cat isn't it LOOK AWAY! Oh wait I guess not, whew ... only because the kid will be set on fire nooooo - LOOK AWAY!"

Not that but........other things. Ok, the demon. *shutters*

I hope they find a way to bring Katrina back. Ichabod is clearly a puppy dog when it comes to her.

Sparky She-Demon
September 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I hope they find a way to bring Katrina back. Ichabod is clearly a puppy dog when it comes to her.

He certainly is! Hopefully we find out more about their relationship!

hedwig
September 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm wondering when Ichabod is going to get a clean outfit to wear or if he's going to be wearing the same clothing throughout the series. :p

After all, his clothes are 250 years old and have been buried in the ground for all those years. :p

mandogater
September 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM

I would have been confused by it too if I hadn't watched several of the Sharpe's movies starring Sean Bean.

The more backstory the better!!!

Sparky She-Demon
September 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I would have been confused by it too if I hadn't watched several of the Sharpe's movies starring Sean Bean.

Especially their first meeting. According to Ichabod, it wasn't pretty!

FanGirl
September 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I agree that he needs new clothes. Abby will have to take him shopping one day. OH! Now there's an idea for fan fic!! :lol:

FanGirl
September 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM

It will probably be something like she knew he would be needed to stop these bad guys so she got to know him then they fell in love. :sam59:

Sparky She-Demon
September 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Does ff.net have a section for Sleepy Hollow yet?

hedwig
September 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Why don't you check that out and let the rest of us know? :)

Lythisrose
September 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I've read speculation that she's actually a "bad" witch and ended up with/seduced Crane in order to use him... :P

hedwig
September 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I'd rather not rely on speculation. I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Lythisrose
September 25th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Well at this point, with only 2 episodes so far, almost everything is speculation! I hope the show gets many seasons so we can look back and laugh at how silly some of it was. :)

min min light
September 25th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Why does everyone think he should stink? He time-traveled 250 years, he didn't lie there for 250 years. Do you think Doctor Who stinks when he jumps ahead a few thousand years?

rkgardner2003
September 26th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Why does everyone think he should stink? He time-traveled 250 years, he didn't lie there for 250 years. Do you think Doctor Who stinks when he jumps ahead a few thousand years?

Well, he did lie underground for 250 years, would of been pretty musty at least ;)

min min light
September 26th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Why do you assume that? For him the trip might have been instantaneous.

(Sorry about no spoiler tags, I didn't realize this wasn't airing in the U.K. yet.)

Ian-S
September 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM
So I'm guessing the morgue

Doesn't have any staff, cos I'm pretty sure they'd notice a body missing at some point during the day if there was someone working there.

Or am I just seeing plot holes that are not there?

Wyrminarrd
September 26th, 2013, 05:10 AM
So I'm guessing the morgue

Doesn't have any staff, cos I'm pretty sure they'd notice a body missing at some point during the day if there was someone working there.

Or am I just seeing plot holes that are not there?

My guess about the morgue
If I were running an evil covent of witches and demons then I would try to get one of my people working at the morgue to explain away weird deaths

rkgardner2003
September 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM

(Sorry about no spoiler tags, I didn't realize this wasn't airing in the U.K. yet.)

Maybe I misunderstood, but I was under the impression he had been buried with all the witchy stuff surrounding him so he would rise when the horseman did..?? I'll have to watch the first episode again.

min min light
September 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
If it wasn't instant, like time-travel, then he was in stasis of some kind - either way he wouldn't smell and neither would his clothes. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Do not upset me by implying he stinks. He soooo does not. :p

Teddybrown
September 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Bit late to this party, only just seen the trailer and it looks pretty good.
Anyone know when/if this will air in the UK?

Ukko
September 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM

Thats ok, but you will have to serve time for this injustice after we take back the colonies. :p

Dumper
September 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Bit late to this party, only just seen the trailer and it looks pretty good.
Anyone know when/if this will air in the UK?

9th October on the Universal channel.

Sparky She-Demon
September 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hopefully you guys on the other side of the pond like the show!

min min light
September 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thats ok, but you will have to serve time for this injustice after we take back the colonies. :p

:D

Yes yes please like this show U.K., I'm begging you! I am so tired of loving doomed shows.

Sparky She-Demon
September 26th, 2013, 05:11 PM

Yes yes please like this show U.K., I'm begging you! I am so tired of loving doomed shows.

I've loved some doomed shows myself min. I know your pain!

mandogater
September 26th, 2013, 05:45 PM
It will probably be something like she knew he would be needed to stop these bad guys so she got to know him then they fell in love. :sam59:

Anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least kicked around some in the writer's room.

FanGirl
September 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM

How do you propose to do that then? Either way, I am a native and not just because I was born here. :P Just try to make me stay on the reservation! :lol:

FanGirl
September 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Me too!

LoneStar1836
September 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Maybe I misunderstood, but I was under the impression he had been buried with all the witchy stuff surrounding him so he would rise when the horseman did..?? That was my impression, too.

Teddybrown
September 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
9th October on the Universal channel.

Thanks, got my series link set up now :D

FanGirl
September 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I have some ideas for Crane's new clothes...

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Sleepy%20Hollow/tom-mison-4-w352_zpsee07efe1.jpg (http://s577.photobucket.com/user/theicemenace/media/Sleepy%20Hollow/tom-mison-4-w352_zpsee07efe1.jpg.html)

FanGirl
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Sleepy%20Hollow/TomMison2013SummerTCATourDay9hQM-psCAOz5l_zps58acb9b5.jpg (http://s577.photobucket.com/user/theicemenace/media/Sleepy%20Hollow/TomMison2013SummerTCATourDay9hQM-psCAOz5l_zps58acb9b5.jpg.html)

FanGirl
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Sleepy%20Hollow/jadoo_00152_zps6c57b5b3.jpeg (http://s577.photobucket.com/user/theicemenace/media/Sleepy%20Hollow/jadoo_00152_zps6c57b5b3.jpeg.html)

FanGirl
September 27th, 2013, 03:58 PM
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/Sleepy%20Hollow/vlcsnap-2013-09-24-20h38m05s109_zps02c5cf49.jpg (http://s577.photobucket.com/user/theicemenace/media/Sleepy%20Hollow/vlcsnap-2013-09-24-20h38m05s109_zps02c5cf49.jpg.html)

Morgania
September 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Is he staying at a hotel for the time-being 'cause it's easier?
I thought all those (Abbie's?) notes were kinda funny.

Teddybrown
September 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Caught the first two episodes, really glad I decided to watch the trailer as that's what made me decide to watch this show.
Interested to see where this is going...

Darren
September 29th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hey, Sleepy-heads!

The show really is off to a fun start. Hopefully it's finding a balance where it can be over-the-top in the action and mythology without becoming goofy. I'm definitely on board, for now.

We've recently relaunched SciFi Stream (http://www.scifistream.com/) and we are expanding our coverage for several shows there. If anybody is interested and willing to commit for a few months, I'd love to have a weekly "recap & review" for Sleepy Hollow. (It doesn't have to be anything all that long or detailed.)

Take a look here (http://www.scifistream.com/join-the-team/) to learn more, and send me an e-mail or PM me on the forum if you are interested. Thanks!

AlbinoMonkeyC
September 29th, 2013, 08:55 PM

I wonder if they ever had kids...

I'm wondering when Ichabod is going to get a clean outfit to wear or if he's going to be wearing the same clothing throughout the series. :p

After all, his clothes are 250 years old and have been buried in the ground for all those years. :p

Perhaps Abby sends them out for dry cleaning? That stuff is all done by hand in tiny ass stitches and have been subjected to the weather as well as rot. Without proper care, they could easily disintegrate.

Yes. And crossovers for Supernatural.

Morgania
September 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I wonder if they ever had kids...

Maybe there are Crane descendants? (That live in Seattle....)

Anyway, Ichabod does need a new outfit. He'd look good in jeans, and fit in better.

Sparky She-Demon
September 30th, 2013, 04:51 AM
He does need some new clothes!

Lythisrose
September 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Uh oh, Orlando Jones (Captain Irving) knows all about fanfic and fandom:
http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/orlando-jones-sleepy-hollow-fanfic/
:P

min min light
September 30th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Why does everybody want to take away his cool clothes? Why don't you give him a boring short haircut and hipster glasses while you're at it. Sheesh. :p

Sparky She-Demon
September 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Why does everybody want to take away his cool clothes? Why don't you give him a boring short haircut and hipster glasses while you're at it. Sheesh. :p

He should have more than one outfit, don't you think? Keep the haircut, the guy carries the look well.

min min light
September 30th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Why? I can think of a lot of characters who only have one outfit.

AlbinoMonkeyC
September 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe there are Crane descendants? (That live in Seattle....)

Anyway, Ichabod does need a new outfit. He'd look good in jeans, and fit in better.

Why Seattle??

Meh. Maybe slightly modernized 18th century mens clothing? *grabs historic costume book* Just replace the britches and stockings with pants and we're good.

Uh oh, Orlando Jones (Captain Irving) knows all about fanfic and fandom:
http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/orlando-jones-sleepy-hollow-fanfic/
:P

OMG YES!!!

Not take away, give a slight update. (see above) 18th century mens fashions are quite modern. Switching an item or two won't kill the look. And I'd never even think about touching his coiffure!!

Morgania
September 30th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Why Seattle??

Meh. Maybe slightly modernized 18th century mens clothing? *grabs historic costume book* Just replace the britches and stockings with pants and we're good.

It was a Fraiser joke. Never mind.

The slightly modernized outfit sounds good.

min min light
September 30th, 2013, 10:59 PM
And I'd never even think about touching his coiffure!!

Good!

I got it! :)

FanGirl
October 1st, 2013, 04:52 AM
Never touch the hair! But he does need something more to wear. Maybe some steam punk?

FanGirl
October 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
Last night's ep was kinda creepy. At least I didn't dream about the Sandman. :jack_new_anime07:

mr_kennedy
October 1st, 2013, 05:00 AM
Last night's ep was kinda creepy. At least I didn't dream about the Sandman. :jack_new_anime07:

Why I'm watching this late at night? :S :lol:

Edit: it was actually a pretty good episode, liked the backstory with the mills sisters, the more i watch this the more lft mills reminds me of Early True Blood Tara

Sparky She-Demon
October 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM
Never touch the hair! But he does need something more to wear. Maybe some steam punk?

Steampunk would work.

mandogater
October 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Why I'm watching this late at night? :S :lol:

Edit: it was actually a pretty good episode, liked the backstory with the mills sisters, the more i watch this the more lft mills reminds me of Early True Blood Tara

Loved the backstory, too. I'm still loving everytime Crane deals with modern technology.

Morgania
October 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Finally getting to see it. The Sandman thing is creepy.

Sparky She-Demon
October 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Finally getting to see it. The Sandman thing is creepy.

It's supposed to be!

Ian-S
October 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
I won't be nibbling on some cheese before bed after that particular episode.

hedwig
October 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
I really liked Ichabod's reaction to the news that there were far fewer Native Americans around than there were in his time.

Sparky She-Demon
October 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM
I really liked Ichabod's reaction to the news that there were far fewer Native Americans around than there were in his time.

He was also pretty peeved when he got told that the Native Americans got screwed by the US government! Imagine what he'll think when he finds out about the Trail of Tears!

hedwig
October 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM
He was also pretty peeved when he got told that the Native Americans got screwed by the US government! Imagine what he'll think when he finds out about the Trail of Tears!

That's what I meant. His reaction to the news of today's Native Americans.

Sparky She-Demon
October 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM
That's what I meant. His reaction to the news of today's Native Americans.

They are shadows of what they once were.

hedwig
October 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
They are shadows of what they once were.

I'm not sure they even qualify as shadows these days.

Sparky She-Demon
October 1st, 2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure they even qualify as shadows these days.

I guess I was being generous then?

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM

The slightly modernized outfit sounds good.

I literally *just* got it.

Good!

Why would I!?!? Honestly, it's just perfect!!!!

I apologize in advance for this minor rant. Historic costume is a passion of mine.

Rococo (Marie Antionette's duds, 1714-1810) and Steampunk (Victorian era, 1837-1901) should NEVER cross!!!! EVAR!!!! LIKE NEVER EVER EVER!!! Two COMPLETELY different time periods with complete different vibes!!! Rococo is light and playful while Steampunk is severe and mature. Unless you plan on sticking him in something along the lines of Sherlock, Steampunk elements with Rococo looks out of place.

When he fully studies American history, his heart is gonna split right in two.

Am I alone in the fact that I didn't find the Sandman necessarily bad?Yes, he killed two people and threatened another but he wasn't bad. He forced people to realize their mistakes although his punishment was extreme. If he would have offered a chance of redemption then he would have been a really awesome character then again, i've got a thing for monstrous grey/good characters

hedwig
October 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM

My thoughts too.

min min light
October 1st, 2013, 09:07 PM
Geronimotors ... that was genius.

mr_kennedy
October 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Geronimotors ... that was genius.

They should have like a Alons-y strip club or something :lol: :p

Sparky She-Demon
October 2nd, 2013, 04:11 AM
They should have like a Alons-y strip club or something :lol: :p

That's a Dr. Who reference, correct?

min min light
October 2nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
I hope we see Mr. Geronimotors again (sorry, I forgot his real name).

I wonder what he'll make of our obsession with British royalty. At this point I think we might possibly love them more than the Brits do.

Spimman
October 2nd, 2013, 06:56 AM
This show has been a surprise for me. I've enjoyed it so far, and while it looks like Season 1 will be mostly the "monster of the week" variety I can see a foundation being laid for larger story arcs in the future.

You'd think Ichabod, which his identic memory, would have picked up a few modern history books to read.

hedwig
October 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
This show has been a surprise for me. I've enjoyed it so far, and while it looks like Season 1 will be mostly the "monster of the week" variety I can see a foundation being laid for larger story arcs in the future.

You'd think Ichabod, which his identic memory, would have picked up a few modern history books to read.

Maybe he doesn't know about bookstores and libraries yet. Or maybe he doesn't have time with all else that's going on.

Spimman
October 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Maybe he doesn't know about bookstores and libraries yet. Or maybe he doesn't have time with all else that's going on.

Possible. I think he mentioned he was a professor or studied at Oxford so libraries and bookstores shouldn't be all that unfamiliar. Also, he seems to be locked in a hotel room with little to do for at least a few hours a day.

It might be cool, at some point, to have an episode focusing on him getting a crash course in the last 200 years. For now, the aloof comments are kind of funny.

FanGirl
October 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
I literally *just* got it.

Why would I!?!? Honestly, it's just perfect!!!!

I apologize in advance for this minor rant. Historic costume is a passion of mine.

Rococo (Marie Antionette's duds, 1714-1810) and Steampunk (Victorian era, 1837-1901) should NEVER cross!!!! EVAR!!!! LIKE NEVER EVER EVER!!! Two COMPLETELY different time periods with complete different vibes!!! Rococo is light and playful while Steampunk is severe and mature. Unless you plan on sticking him in something along the lines of Sherlock, Steampunk elements with Rococo looks out of place.

Am I alone in the fact that I didn't find the Sandman necessarily bad?Yes, he killed two people and threatened another but he wasn't bad. He forced people to realize their mistakes although his punishment was extreme. If he would have offered a chance of redemption then he would have been a really awesome character then again, i've got a thing for monstrous grey/good characters

What he needs is something that let's him blend in a little while still keeping the flavor of his era. Not that he'd stand out that much in today's society. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd think he was HOT, but not that he dressed strangely.

Morgania
October 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
The way he was dressed- you might think he was a reenactor who lost his group.

Spimman
October 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
What he needs is something that let's him blend in a little while still keeping the flavor of his era. Not that he'd stand out that much in today's society. If I saw him coming down the street, I'd think he was HOT, but not that he dressed strangely.

Kinda looks like a hipster, and his snobish attitude about modern beverages helps. He'd fit right in at a non-chain coffee\tea shop. :p

One big question remaining for me is, who are the other main characters going to end up being. Ichabod and Abbie are obviously in it for the long run, but I'm not sure if the Captain will get more involved or her sister. I wish the old sheriff could stay around as I really like Clancy Brown as an actor.

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Possible. I think he mentioned he was a professor or studied at Oxford so libraries and bookstores shouldn't be all that unfamiliar. Also, he seems to be locked in a hotel room with little to do for at least a few hours a day.

It might be cool, at some point, to have an episode focusing on him getting a crash course in the last 200 years. For now, the aloof comments are kind of funny.

That would be ADORABLE!!!

..............and really heartbreaking. I wonder how he would feel about some of the presidents/monarchs that have passed. Namely Marie Antionette and Louis XVI, as France was our ally during the war.

But introducing him to pop culture would be funny. Especially if he hears Biber. Oh dear, his poor ears!!!

True, true. Alrighty, let's swap the chemise for a button down and t-shirt and the breaches for trousers.

I wear Lolita on occasion and have seen stranger things walk into class. The things you see in fashion school. *cringe*

Sparky She-Demon
October 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM

That would work nicely I think!

mandogater
October 2nd, 2013, 11:53 AM

Serving with them, I'm surprised he wasn't more ticked off.

I think he's going to throw a bit of a fit about several things.

I have to agree about the Sandman. He was a very gray character, punishing the evil of others.

If I'm, not mistaken they have twice mentioned a seven year battle against evil. I get the feeling this season is just a setup for everything else they have in mind. Hopefully, it's already mapped out otherwise this could become a real mess.

That could be a great way to lighten up a very serious episode.

But introducing him to pop culture would be funny. Especially if he hears Biber. Oh dear, his poor ears!!!

Or better yet, see his reaction to heavy metal.

Sparky She-Demon
October 2nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
I think he could tolerate the heavy metal before Beaver.

Morgania
October 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM

So can everyone with good taste in music. Think Abbie needs to take him by a library first though. He's got history to catch up on.

Sparky She-Demon
October 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
So can everyone with good taste in music. Think Abbie needs to take him by a library first though. He's got history to catch up on.

And a lot of it!

min min light
October 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
God, people are so nitpicky. "He should be reading thousands of books, and getting new clothes, and finding a job, and be more outraged about Native Americans and take a crash course in music." He just got there, give him a frakking break. Let him just stand around and look pretty for a bit. :p

Morgania
October 2nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
I didn't mean he should read all the books at once. Just a basic overview of history.

hedwig
October 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
God, people are so nitpicky. "He should be reading thousands of books, and getting new clothes, and finding a job, and be more outraged about Native Americans and take a crash course in music." He just got there, give him a frakking break. Let him just stand around and look pretty for a bit. :p

I think you're misreading all those comments. Nobody is saying he has to do those things. Just a comment on things that are so very different from his times that he will eventually take notice of. There's no rush on his part to find out about any of these things. :)

min min light
October 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
You did see the :p at the end, right?

hedwig
October 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
You did see the :p at the end, right?

Yeah, but you can never tell these days. :p

mr_kennedy
October 2nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
That's a Dr. Who reference, correct?

indeed, i was sensing a theme (geronimotors)

min min light
October 2nd, 2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but you can never tell these days. :p

Fair enough!

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
I think he's going to throw a bit of a fit about several things.

Hopefully decaf is one of them.

I have to agree about the Sandman. He was a very gray character, punishing the evil of others.

And he really wasn't that scary. Get a good look at him, figure out the prosthesis and you get instead a very beautifully designed character. Although those fingers were uber creepy.

He is definitely a character I wouldn't mind seeing again.

Or better yet, see his reaction to heavy metal.

*snort* oh thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything.

I'd like to see his reaction to modern/techno instrumental/orchestra music. It's the closest thing to what he would have listened to back in his day.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. Gonna pound the history into his head. :D

Spimman
October 3rd, 2013, 04:30 AM
Maybe someone should have him watch Stargate or Independence Day while leaving out the fact that it is fiction. :lol:

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Maybe someone should have him watch Stargate or Independence Day while leaving out the fact that it is fiction. :lol:

Preferably Stargate, though Independence Day has its perks as well!

Spimman
October 3rd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Preferably Stargate, though Independence Day has its perks as well!

I was thinking of something that would freak him out quickly. It's been pointed out that he may not have time for a 10 Season SG-1 marathon :p

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
I was thinking of something that would freak him out quickly. It's been pointed out that he may not have time for a 10 Season SG-1 marathon :p

They could just show him some strategic episodes.

Spimman
October 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Maybe the original movie and the attack on Antarctica. Those would freak him out.

fems
October 3rd, 2013, 05:07 AM
I'm surprised he didn't have more of a reaction to the television. He only seemed a bit embarrassed/awkward for having pushed the fast forward button on the remote and being unable to stop it, rather than perturbed/fascinated with the TV or even the fact the tape could FF.

Morgania
October 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
He could be shown Sherlock or Elementary.

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
He could be shown Sherlock or Elementary.

It's all down to cooperation between the networks. And $$$

hedwig
October 3rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Sleepy Hollow has apparently already been picked up for a second season. :)

Here's a link to the news bit:

http://www.fox.tv/1fLW93X

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM

That's great!

Morgania
October 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
It's all down to cooperation between the networks. And $$$

Yeah, I know. But it would be fun to see.

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I know. But it would be fun to see.

I like catching guest stars from other shows!

Teddybrown
October 3rd, 2013, 10:51 AM

This is good news!

Spimman
October 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM

Wow, that was quick and cool. I think I'll be able to relax and enjoy the show a little bit more.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/10/03/fox-gives-sleepy-hollow-early-renewal-for-season-2/2916095/ (another source)

mr_kennedy
October 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Second Season renewal already :D that means i can just sit back and enjoy the rest of the season without worry

Maybe the original movie and the attack on Antarctica. Those would freak him out.

Showing him there but for the grace of god would be perfect :p,

also let's show him Buffy as fact with the whole horror theme they have going :lol:

FanGirl
October 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM

It's probably best if he eases into this century. A little at a time.

min min light
October 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Plus if he adapts too fast where's the energy-drink-type fun?

Second season, yay!

hedwig
October 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM

Second season, yay!

Love his reaction to the energy drinkk Abbie gave him. :)

mandogater
October 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :D

Seeing his reaction to the number of times we've sided with the Brits would be interesting.

Now that would be fun to see. Or better yet, have an incident at a sci-fi convention in town.

*Does happy dance*

Sparky She-Demon
October 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Seeing his reaction to the number of times we've sided with the Brits would be interesting.

I think he would as well. Being a history (I think) teacher as well. I loved his realization that guns have multiple shots now! :D

Krisz
October 3rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
I forgot about this show starting so I missed the pilot episode. I've watched the last two episodes and I am really enjoying it. I now find I'm looking forward to the next episode each week.

Ichabod Crane is such a wonderful character. I'm already hooked on the premise of the evil that lurks in Sleepy Hollow that will bring the apocalypse and how this man from the past deals with things. Love how he's not phased out by the 21st century but bemused. He provides wonderful commentary on the state of life in our times, what we have lost and also gained.

Interesting that the second season was announced already. I'm barely into the show but I already feel a second season will be just as good as what we're getting now. We can continue to see if Ichabod Crane turns into a Twenty First Century man! :)

Morgania
October 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
I think he would as well. Being a history (I think) teacher as well. I loved his realization that guns have multiple shots now! :D

Didn't he teach at Oxford? At least that's what he said to Abby's cop friend.

Sp!der
October 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
SLEEPY HOLLOW HAS BEEN RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, it is safe to watch it with pleasure! ;)

http://www.avclub.com/articles/unexpectedly-entertaining-sleepy-hollow-becomes-fi,103705/

Booklover
October 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM

Now that would be fun to see. Or better yet, have an incident at a sci-fi convention in town.

I would love to see Icabod's reaction to a sci-fi convention. Imagine driving by and seeing all those people in the strange and sometimes really weird costumes and having no idea what's going on. Priceless.

mandogater
October 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM

That was a fun bit in that episode.

I would love to see Icabod's reaction to a sci-fi convention. Imagine driving by and seeing all those people in the strange and sometimes really weird costumes and having no idea what's going on. Priceless.

I can almost see it now.

*Man dressed as Klingon walks past Icabod *

"What happened to that man, Lef-tenant?"

*Abby shakes head and keeps walking*

"Don't mind the Trekkies."

Morgania
October 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Somebody should right a story where Ichabod watches Lord of the Rings.

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM

*snickers* that is evil. Shall I bring the popcorn??

I yelped with joy when I saw that!!

hedwig
October 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Somebody should right a story where Ichabod watches Lord of the Rings.

How about "Alien"? :p

FanGirl
October 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Second season, yay!

If they do it the way Farscape was done, it would be great. Even after five years in the other universe Crichton still retained his "Earth-ness."

min min light
October 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
True, and I guess since there will only be 13 episodes a season it won't be all that fast anyway.

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
What if we told Ichabod that Doctor Who is real???

Morgania
October 6th, 2013, 08:35 AM
How about "Alien"? :p

Nah. But maybe for Halloween.

FanGirl
October 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Okay, only five minutes into the new ep and I'm ROFL!!!

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM
This show will have me in tears by the end of the season!! Tonights episode was simply beautiful!!!

mr_kennedy
October 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Great episode seemed to have regained the pacing of the pilot and i loved the story developments with the mills sisters

Lythisrose
October 7th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Great show. Fun at the beginning with Northstar and the tears at the end when the two sisters were talking. :)

Spimman
October 8th, 2013, 04:55 AM
I'm really enjoying this show. I'm liking the conflict, love, hate, forgiveness, redemption story being played between the two sisters. I also love the idea\irony of a white man from 25 years ago being thrust into a situation where he is partnered with two strong black women to save the world. I continue to see this show laying a solid foundation while still being really fun on a week to week level.

FanGirl
October 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I'm really enjoying this show. I'm liking the conflict, love, hate, forgiveness, redemption story being played between the two sisters. I also love the idea\irony of a white man from 25 years ago being thrust into a situation where he is partnered with two strong black women to save the world. I continue to see this show laying a solid foundation while still being really fun on a week to week level.

From the beginning, Crane treated Abbie with respect and courtesy. I think one of my fav lines is when they're talking about the 7 years.

Crane: I'm certain that it will get easier as we........I'm too tired to lie.

min min light
October 8th, 2013, 06:29 AM
This show! It just gets everything right. I hope you guys in the U.K. love it too!

Morgania
October 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Well, next week certainly looks exciting. And enjoyed last night's episode.

Teddybrown
October 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Really enjoying this show at the moment. Looking forward to seeing where it goes...

Wyrminarrd
October 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
So far this has been the best new show this season. Hopefully it will manage to keep the quality up :)

Im really glad they didn't make Crane a gawker or duck out of water, he works so much better as an intelligent man who simply excepts the reality he's presented with and tries to make the best of it.

mandogater
October 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Great episode seemed to have regained the pacing of the pilot and i loved the story developments with the mills sisters

Same here. I really like how they are developing the sisters' relationship.

Great show. Fun at the beginning with Northstar and the tears at the end when the two sisters were talking. :)

The bit with Northstar was just too funny. I couldn't stop grinning.

Morgania
October 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I missed the Northstar bit. What happened?

hedwig
October 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I missed the Northstar bit. What happened?

He was sitting in Abbie's car giving the Northstar/Onstar lady romance advice - from a 250 year old perspective. And he made the Northstar lady cry. :)

Side note: I notice that Damian Kindler wrote last night's episode. I still think Amanda Tapping would be great at directing an episode of this show or maybe making a guest appearance. :)

Morgania
October 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
The Northstar/ Onstar scene sounds good. Ichabod is now even more awesome.

What part would Amanda Tapping play then?

hedwig
October 8th, 2013, 08:29 PM

Either somebody from the current era and someone in flashbacks to Ichabod's time. Whatever it might be, I think she'd be great. Though I'd love to see her and Ichabod in the same scenes.

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM

I think you just got the essence of the show. *claps*

So far this has been the best new show this season. Hopefully it will manage to keep the quality up :)

Im really glad they didn't make Crane a gawker or duck out of water, he works so much better as an intelligent man who simply excepts the reality he's presented with and tries to make the best of it.

But you must admit, the duck out of water that they do show is rather funny. It's sly and intelligent.

Either somebody from the current era and someone in flashbacks to Ichabod's time. Whatever it might be, I think she'd be great. Though I'd love to see her and Ichabod in the same scenes.

Why not both? An 18th century person who's a past life of a 21st century person. She could remember some details about her past life and carry the same personality traits while still being her own being.

Morgania
October 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Why not both? An 18th century person who's a past life of a 21st century person. She could remember some details about her past life and carry the same personality traits while still being her own being.

She could be a 21st century person and their ancestor. Maybe one of Katrina's coven?

min min light
October 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM

I really love that too. The duck-out-of-water is subtle and funny, not some kind of stupid broad slapstick where he screams when someone's phone rings.

mr_kennedy
October 9th, 2013, 01:37 AM
I kind of hope for a full season order :)

hedwig
October 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM

She could be a 21st century person and their ancestor. Maybe one of Katrina's coven?

I like these ideas. Could be really good. :)

I kind of hope for a full season order :)

This first season is 13 episodes. Haven't seen anything about how many there will be in the 2d season, but it would be great if it was 20-22 or whatever a full season is. :)

mandogater
October 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I really love that too. The duck-out-of-water is subtle and funny, not some kind of stupid broad slapstick where he screams when someone's phone rings.

I think that's why I like those parts so much. They are never so in your face that you know it was put in the script for that reason. They just feel natural.

FanGirl
October 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM

I loved that scene!

AT could play an American that Crane was in league with during the events leading up to his "demise."

FanGirl
October 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM

She could be family to a woman Crane knew back in the day.

FreeRadical
October 9th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I say AT could play a very powerful witch from the olden time long ago.

I just watched the first few episodes, so I'm new to the discussion. (Hi!) So far I'm liking the directing, the music, the makeup, the costumes, the humour, and the main title sequence. Other than that, I'll have to see how it develops.

AlbinoMonkeyC
October 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM
She could be family to a woman Crane knew back in the day.

o0o0o0o
I like that idea!!

Morgania
October 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I like pretty much everything except the mythology they use, mostly 'cause I'm not familiar with it. And does seem a little overused.

Spimman
October 11th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I like pretty much everything except the mythology they use, mostly 'cause I'm not familiar with it. And does seem a little overused.

What mythology are you referring to? Biblical book of Revelations? If so, I wouldn't worry that you need to be familiar with it. It's a book written using symbolism and apocalyptic language that writers of most shows take small bits from and then create a mythology that fits their purpose. Having read the book offers little benefit about how the mythology of this show works.

fems
October 11th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's more enjoyable if one is unfamiliar with the mythology, because of how many different interpretations are often possible and/or used when a TV show, movie or book is created.

For example, I was unfamiliar with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and simply thought the plot sounded appealing. However, I've read that there are many viewers who were less than thrilled with certain changes in the show compared to the book it's supposedly based on.

Morgania
October 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I've read the original story many times, but not for years. Liked the Tim Burton movie, and I'm liking this show. In the story, Ichabod was a school teacher, so they made him a professor. Wonder if Katrina Crane's maiden name was Van Tassel.

There should be somebody in the show named Brom, just 'cause.

Spimman
October 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
My knowledge of this tale is based on a childhood Disney cartoon that would usually come on during the month of October :p

Morgania
October 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
My knowledge of this tale is based on a childhood Disney cartoon that would usually come on during the month of October :p

I used to watch that cartoon whenever it was on.

min min light
October 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more enjoyable if one is unfamiliar with the mythology, because of how many different interpretations are often possible and/or used when a TV show, movie or book is created.

I'm thinking that's true, not knowing the mythology probably adds to the enjoyment, because you're watching the show instead of arguing with the TV. I never read Sleepy Hollow and I don't know much about the rest of the mythology they're tossing in, but I don't care about it either, so it's all good.

Just like not knowing much about weaponry meant that I never watched a single episode of Stargate thinking "no way those bullets would do that" or whatever (I don't even know enough about it to formulate a decent analogy ... heh.)

hedwig
October 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I have vague memories of doing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as a play in grade school many years ago.. :)