PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth and final (very) short season.

techs
May 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a482306/warehouse-13-renewed-for-final-season-by-syfy.html

'Warehouse 13' renewed for final season by Syfy

Warehouse 13 is to return for a fifth and final season.

Syfy has ordered six more episodes of the cult drama, which will wrap up the series, Deadline reports.

Sp!der
May 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
That's SyFy !!!

Gen. Chris
May 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&feature=player_embedded

Hyndara71
May 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
The magical five again. *sigh*

jelgate
May 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
A myth just like the Seinfeld curse

Livestick
May 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
It's not a myth. No show has ever made it past 5 seasons on syfy before.

poundpuppy29
May 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen season 4 but from what I have read it isn't good at least they got 6 eps to wrap it up

Gatefan1976
May 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM
It's not a myth. No show has ever made it past 5 seasons on syfy before.

Most shows don't get past 5 seasons on any network.

knowles2
May 17th, 2013, 03:59 PM
What have they got left after Warehouse 13 has finished.

Skydiver
May 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
It's the FatalFifth

Skiffy doesn't seem to want to carry any scripted shows beyond 5 years.

Skydiver
May 17th, 2013, 06:14 PM
What have they got left after Warehouse 13 has finished.
'reality' crud. their overabundance of paranormal stuff, moderately rigged contest shows, wrestling

basically stuff I won't waste my time on.

Gen. Chris
May 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM
There's still Defiance...

And I guess the six episodes is to make up for the extra seven episodes season 4 got...

Hell, even Stargate SG-1 only lasted for five seasons on SyFy, as did SGA...

DSG1
May 17th, 2013, 09:16 PM
good luck with the very long wait you'll have for 6 episodes they did the same exact thing to Eureka and by then, no one will care. glad its gone it was turning into a glorified POS.

DSG1
May 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
there was no rhyme or reason for this season NONE it was all about killing off main characters and once you do that an audience will start turning it off and they did. their big mistake, too cheap to hire a bad guy for season 4 so they used Artie.

and you are wrong, their current shelf life is 4 and half years they just stretch it for 5 by adding 6 eps BFD.

Gatefan1976
May 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
there was no rhyme or reason for this season NONE it was all about killing off main characters and once you do that an audience will start turning it off and they did. their big mistake, too cheap to hire a bad guy for season 4 so they used Artie.

Artie was the "villain" to show that there was a cost to his use of the astrolabe. In fact most of S4 was about the "cost" of our choices. Do I think they did it "well", Umm, not really, but W-13 has never been about "deep thought" It's a fun show, a cheese show, and it has never pretended to be anything but.

MIZA
May 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM
That stinks , it is such a great show, but whatever!

Inquisitor
May 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM

?

They hired Brent Spiner who turned out to be a figment of Artie's imagination (after trapping him in a painting, which still deserves a wtf) as the villain. It was just a twist that Artie was the bad guy.

Briangate78
May 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Circle of life for any show, I am so used to it now, it is just like a big "meh" to me. You have to just move on and find something new to watch. I don't follow ratings anymore, because quite frankly it is a waste of time to try and understand what is profitable to the network when not all the numbers are there in front of you.

If a show is good enough it will last or at least find a new home some place not held hostage by TV ratings. Shows do find a way of coming back, like "24" for an example. I do believe W13 could still be around in some format after it's run on Syfy is done.

As for now, the final season, or final half season can really make the show go out with a bang, and it is good the network is giving the order for more eps to find closure.

Briangate78
May 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM

And I guess the six episodes is to make up for the extra seven episodes season 4 got...

Any scripted show to last 5 Seasons on Syfy is a huge Success!

Skydiver
May 18th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Skiffy must have such a high profit margin on shows that they just can't make it. But sometimes I have to wonder if they have an automatic 'Five and it's done' policy.

Very few of skiffy's shows are all that great, ratings wise, to begin with. There is such a thing as 'good for us'....as in good ratings for our network. But sometimes it does feel that the bar is set impossibly high, that no show can make the numbers they demand. And since their overabundance of 'unscripted reality' stuff has a higher profit margin, they can pull less numbers and still be deemed a success.

Defiance will be interesting because it's different. How much of the show's continuing is tied to the game's success and vice versa?

stargatefan234
May 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mixed feelings, atleast they will be given the chance to wrap up and give us a proper ending

the fifth man
May 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I am not surprised this is ending. At least it will get 6 final episodes to wrap things up. It has been a nice run.

Gen. Chris
May 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I am not surprised this is ending. At least it will get 6 final episodes to wrap things up. It has been a nice run.

And hopefully it will actually be 6 episodes this time around...*cough* Eureka

Also, I recently discovered that Warehouse 13 season 4 will thankfully be released as a complete season rather than the half season bullcrap. So that's good news.

aretood2
May 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM
It would have been better had they done two 13 episode seasons and then ordered the last six instead of a fragmented 20 episodes and then the six. Oh well, it is a nice show, while it lasts.

mandogater
May 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM
And hopefully it will actually be 6 episodes this time around...*cough* Eureka

Also, I recently discovered that Warehouse 13 season 4 will thankfully be released as a complete season rather than the half season bullcrap. So that's good news.

I'm glad to here Season 4 will be released as a complete season.

min min light
May 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Most shows don't get past 5 seasons on any network.

But on some networks a "season" still means 22 episodes, not 13.

jelgate
May 19th, 2013, 06:52 PM
But on some networks a "season" still means 22 episodes, not 13.

And some shows a seasons is considered even less than that. I am looking at you UK. A season is not definied by episode count but by production of TV content

min min light
May 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM
And some shows a seasons is considered even less than that. I am looking at you UK. A season is not definied by episode count but by production of TV content

The U.K. seasons especially, they can be on season five and it's actually the tenth episode thirty years after the pilot first aired. (Yes, I know I'm exaggerating. Not by much, though.)

How a season is defined ought to be more precise, because sometimes the comparisons are apples and oranges. "Most shows don't last longer than five seasons." True, because after five years of 22 episodes a year most shows start to get a little stale. But a show that's technically only halfway to that number of episodes probably still some life left in it.

Skydiver
May 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Downton Abbey's season is 10 hours
Selfridge is much the same.
The BBC's Survivors was 2 seasons of 6

aretood2
May 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM
What are the chances of a TV WH-13 movie?

techs
May 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Skiffy must have such a high profit margin on shows that they just can't make it. But sometimes I have to wonder if they have an automatic 'Five and it's done' policy.

Very few of skiffy's shows are all that great, ratings wise, to begin with. There is such a thing as 'good for us'....as in good ratings for our network. But sometimes it does feel that the bar is set impossibly high, that no show can make the numbers they demand. And since their overabundance of 'unscripted reality' stuff has a higher profit margin, they can pull less numbers and still be deemed a success.

Defiance will be interesting because it's different. How much of the show's continuing is tied to the game's success and vice versa?

I think Syfy uses their scripted shows to drum up viewership for their profit making, low budget reality shows. They have a history with their expensive miniseries like Taken and The Lost Room where they lost a lot of money on them but they got people to tune in to be exposed to their ads for their cheaper programming.

Unfortunately with things like illegal downloading those commercials are no longer being seen by nearly as many people. Syfy has squandered their old scifi base and Defiance is an attempt to get them back. I think we will see more new "scifi" shows on Syfy over the next year as the network desperately tries to reestablish a core audience.

techs
May 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
This weeks WH13 pulled in barely a million viewers and a 0.4 rating.

We're darn lucky to get another 6 episodes. Its headed into Stargate Universe and Sanctuary terrority at the end of those shows.

Gen. Chris
May 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
This weeks WH13 pulled in barely a million viewers and a 0.4 rating.

We're darn lucky to get another 6 episodes. Its headed into Stargate Universe and Sanctuary terrority at the end of those shows.

I haven't even seen the most recent episodes yet...are they that bad?

techs
May 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM

I thought the last two were pretty good.

Eddie McClintock put it best. Its an 8pm show but its on at 10 pm.

the fifth man
May 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM

No, they are not bad at all. My wife and I are still really enjoying this show. Sadly, the two of us watching loyally can't keep it going.

Gatefan1976
May 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
W13, It's where I just kick of my "reality shoes" and just go along for the ride with Pete, Myka and the crew.

poundpuppy29
May 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
W13, It's where I just kick of my "reality shoes" and just go along for the ride with Pete, Myka and the crew.
sounds like me

Linda06
July 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Man that sucks. Another good show bites the dust :( I'm running out of scifi shows to watch. Stopped watching Defiance a few weeks ago. Wonder if they'll be any new sci-fi shows on the horizon.

TeylaIsCool85
November 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM

SG-1 got 10 season and final. and SGA only five season, But as Sanctuary did not past five but at only four seasons.

fantasyplanet
December 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
:)Cannot believe they are ending this show. I love this show and am going to miss it when it does end.:D

mandogater
December 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
:)Cannot believe they are ending this show. I love this show and am going to miss it when it does end.:D

You and me both.

Wulfmann
February 13th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I have WH13 s1-4 on DVD but have not watched it yet.

It sounds like I will enjoy it through S3 but it falls off by your reports.

IMO very few shows should go past 3 seasons.

They should not make you want them to end but instead make you wish they did not end.

Sounds like they overstayed

Wulfmann

jelgate
February 14th, 2014, 02:16 PM
The short final season starts on April 14
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/14/syfy-announces-premiere-dates-for-continuum-warehouse-13-metal-hurlan-chronicles-more/237218/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Gen. Chris
February 18th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Holy crap I did not even know they had already pretty much finished with everything. I thought we would be waiting until summer.

Briangate78
February 27th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Wow I have been so out of the loop on everything Syfy. I have to do a re-watch before it starts.

jelgate
February 27th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wow I have been so out of the loop on everything Syfy. I have to do a re-watch before it starts.
You can join me on rewatching on Netflix. I watched Implosion yesterday

tomstone
April 13th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Finally! But why not Sunday? Monday evening is a odd timeslot for Syfy.

jelgate
April 13th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Sunday would be even a stranger timeslot. Its been on Monday for the past few seasons

mandogater
April 13th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Finally! But why not Sunday? Monday evening is a odd timeslot for Syfy.

And the time slot doesn't conflict with anything else I watch so I'm a happy camper.

Briangate78
April 14th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Finally back on, been re-watching some old eps.

syfygyrl
April 15th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I'm so glad it's back :)

poundpuppy29
May 18th, 2014, 06:47 PM
hey how is season 5 I am waiting for dvds I don't have cable

Rosehawk
May 18th, 2014, 06:53 PM
hey how is season 5 I am waiting for dvds I don't have cable
Depending on your point of view it's going pretty well. They just had one episode that they probably could have done without. Tomorrow is the last episode....It will be interesting to see how they wrap everything up in less than an hour!

I really enjoyed Warehouse 13 so I'm going to miss it!

It's nice to see a sci-fi show with some humor, not many of those around anymore!

poundpuppy29
May 18th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Depending on your point of view it's going pretty well. They just had one episode that they probably could have done without. Tomorrow is the last episode....It will be interesting to see how they wrap everything up in less than an hour!

I really enjoyed Warehouse 13 so I'm going to miss it!

It's nice to see a sci-fi show with some humor, not many of those around anymore!
thanks for answering me the official forum syfy is even deader than this one at least there is people discussing it I like it too hope it goes out well

Briangate78
May 19th, 2014, 07:13 AM
thanks for answering me the official forum syfy is even deader than this one at least there is people discussing it I like it too hope it goes out well

Tell me about it. It's like a graveyard over there. I blame the network for not putting direct links on the main page.

poundpuppy29
May 19th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Tell me about it. It's like a graveyard over there. I blame the network for not putting direct links on the main page.
that is very odd wonder why that is

Starfist
May 26th, 2014, 05:51 AM
The last episode airs here in the UK tomorrow night on SyFy at 2100...:(

Linda06
June 2nd, 2014, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna miss this show. It was fun. I hope they bring a season 1-5 boxset out.

mandogater
June 2nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
I'm gonna miss this show. It was fun. I hope they bring a season 1-5 boxset out.

Last I heard they're supposed to. The season five DVD set has been delayed so I'm guessing a debate is going on about weither or not to release it by itself or just do a boxset of all five seasons.

Linda06
June 3rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
Last I heard they're supposed to. The season five DVD set has been delayed so I'm guessing a debate is going on about weither or not to release it by itself or just do a boxset of all five seasons.

I hope they release a full series boxset eventually.Do they have WH13 on blu-ray?

mandogater
June 3rd, 2014, 05:18 PM
I hope they release a full series boxset eventually.Do they have WH13 on blu-ray?

Not that I've seen.

poundpuppy29
June 3rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
I am watching season 5 now just watched the first 3 eps

Starfist
June 3rd, 2014, 11:24 PM
I was able to catch a couple of this seasons episodes.
SyFy here in the UK are planning a 'Farewell' weekend.

planet_tv
June 4th, 2014, 12:44 AM

Hopefully they'll do both because I would hate to see someone have seasons 1-4 but not be able to get the final season because it's only a part of a boxset. I still haven't decided whether or not to get the series on DVD but that may be the only way to see episodes from seasons 1 and 2 that I haven't seen since it's highly unlikely that SYFY will show reruns of the series now that it's over with.

Linda06
June 4th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I may still just buy s1-4 boxset. S5 was okay but was somewhat ruined a bit by the crazy Pete/Myka thing

mandogater
June 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Hopefully they'll do both because I would hate to see someone have seasons 1-4 but not be able to get the final season because it's only a part of a boxset. I still haven't decided whether or not to get the series on DVD but that may be the only way to see episodes from seasons 1 and 2 that I haven't seen since it's highly unlikely that SYFY will show reruns of the series now that it's over with.

Being I already have seasons 1-4, I hope you're right.

I may still just buy s1-4 boxset. S5 was okay but was somewhat ruined a bit by the crazy Pete/Myka thing

I'm inclined to agree.

syfygyrl
June 5th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Yeah, I could not wrap my mind around that. They were acting so......weird.......like they ate too much sugar.

poundpuppy29
June 9th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I finally saw season 5 got the DVDs about the above you guys said it very true this as my reaction :rolleyes: really didn't care but I did like the end it worked for me overall