• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Waking Dead (221)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    THE WAKING DEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 221
    There might be zombies in Portland when Nick and Hank investigate suspects who are turning up dead -- for the second time. Meanwhile, Juliette pressures Monroe to share details about the Wesen world and Nick's involvement as a Grimm; and Adalind is caught in a royal feud. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 May 2013, 02:57 PM.

I liked this episode, though I was wondering how they were going to summarize it all up until those three words came up.

I loved the scene with them tell Juliette. And of course Bud, though poor guy was so scared and nervous. I also liked when Hank and Nick join, Hank comment about the second and third time he saw Monroe wog. And when someone (was it Bud?) mentions how hard it is to say the name of a human knowing about wessen. Actually that whole B storyline was great.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole zombie thing but I guess I'll wait to see what they do in the finale.

I was definitely bored with the Adalind storyline. Though with Eric in Portland its going to get interesting.

Lastly, I liked the end with Juliette and Nick (even though they drew that story way to long). I wish we got to see the dinner but maybe that is in next weeks episode.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm definetely curious about WHO will be dead (and maybe not coming back) in season 3. So far I know Silas, Bree, Bitsie and David have got contracts for season 3. But as my guess is that Eric came for Nick and it is Nick who will be end up dead - or as a sort of Zombie ... gah! As much I am sure now I will hate the finale, i want to know now!

The episode was okay. I liked how they introduced that blowfish-guy. He's definetely creepy - besides, what he was humming and singing all the time is a real french lullaby, a friend just posted a link to YT (which again isn't working for me ). About the "zombies" ... as far as I've understand it they are not really dead but sort of in a trance? Mind-control, didn't we had that with 2.20?

Poor Amy! As much as everyone wants Wu as part of the Scooby Gang, some one point she's going nuts too, I'm sure. All that crazy stuff Nick is bringing to her. My, my, my.

Bud was definety cute. Juliette's reaction of Rosalee's woge interesting. But I'm still buffled that she took it this way. I thought maybe she would remember Larry from season 1. That Wildemann she tested the hair from. It was a little sad that she didn't say something ala "now I know!". But that drink commentary was great

Nick and Juliette together again, and both nervous *awww*. Loved that!

I like the Adalind-storyline and I'm curious how they will end it and if she will get her Hexenbiest back.

Interesting start of the finale. And now I'm gnawing my fingernails again ...

EDIT:
      It IS Nick:
      Remember those files Renard's guy found in Erics drawer? Just rewatched the ep in HD where you can actually READ the passport (sometimes I love HD). So, guess how has blue eyes, is 1,80 m height and born in June, 18th? Besides the year it IS David. He has blue eyes, the same height and that's his birthday.
      Sometimes I hate it to be correct with my guessings ...
      Last edited by Hyndara71; 15 May 2013, 11:03 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

My first impression - uh, oh, they had Czech passport, mentioned Prague AND there was a Czech name on one of the files...they are not going to try to speak Czech, are they?

The episode was OK, however the first half was a little erratic and boring. I loved Nick´s and Hank´s conversation in the trailer...they are talking about killing and then suddenly Nick asks for a catchup

That baron guy is VERY creepy. These King-like types figures are always creepy. And he is in an alliance with Eric. I was so happy to see him again. And after they mentioned his father, I am anxious to see him

Juliette *finally* knows. Couldn´t they have done it ten episodes ago? Nick should buy Monroe and Rosalee big cake for solving his problems. I actually liked Juliette´s discovery the most. The uncertain behaviour and the relief after Juliette asked for a drink was hilarious. Juliette´s joke with the flowers in the end was cute. I am glad they are not taking it too fast (no moving back from Monroe for Nick anytime soon). But Juliette still doesn´t know everything - she knows Nick is a Grimm and what he can see. But she doesn´t know what he can do, what he *should* do as a Grimm and what Grimms were originally for. Also, she yet has to see Nick´s dark side that will be revealed sooner or later.

I love Adelind but her storyline started to be a little boring. The fight of those two witches is uninteresting and unless it will be tied somehow to the main plot, I can´t see it moving anywhere in the next few episodes. Unless they will make a jump 9 months into a future.

And I think we can now say what will be that "death" of some character. Hyn, your guess may be right. I assume that Nick won´t be willing to call Eric "your highness", bow and show the "respect" that probably Grimms used to have and maybe still have. For Eric to control him, it would be the best way. Nick may even lose the key and Eric would have an advantage over hos brother.
        But...isn´t this a little *too* obvious? I am sure the writers have some twist hidden somewhere.

Also, did anyone else expect that baron at Juliette´s door instead of Nick? I am worried that they may try to turn her into a damsel in distress...

It was nice to see Bud again.
        Last edited by Klenotka; 15 May 2013, 11:38 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

^I had the same thought when there was a knock, so glad that it was actually Nick.

And yeah at some point Juliette has to learn that there is more to a grimm than seeing weasen, and yeah the dark side (or grimm side) of Nick has to make appearences.
          sigpic

Comment

Guys, you know what? That German passport I mentioned earlier as are filled with David G.'s details - the city of birth is 18 km away from my place. I was working there for years!

Argh, damned Eric, screw you! Why you haven't choosed that one? I would have loved to see that thing a second time with Nick's pic in it!

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I've mixed feelings about this episode. What I liked the most was Monroe, Rosalee and Bud show their true faces to Juliette, and I loved her reaction. Her comment about the flowers was great.

Didn't so far like the rest. Hope it will be better next episode.
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The only problem with having Baron Samedi be the bad guy is that everyone in Portland should recognize him right away. You know those pink donut boxes they eat from every once in a while on the show? Well look at the cover of the box:

Also, for your information, Eric, Portland is not named that because we had a port and we had land. It is named that because the guy who founded it was from Portland, Maine and he won a coin toss from the co-founder who was from Boston or else we would have been Boston, Oregon. (Thank goodness the guy from Maine won the toss!!!!)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Callista; 15 May 2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, mostly for the Juliette scenes....poor Bud, I thought he was going to have heart failure. I felt like the rest was more of a set up for the finale, but still enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post

Also, for your information, Eric, Portland is not named that because we had a port and we had land. It is named that because the guy who founded it was from Portland, Maine and he won a coin toss from the co-founder who was from Boston or else we would have been Boston, Oregon. (Thank goodness the guy from Maine won the toss!!!!)
                    thanks for the information. I agree, Boston, Oregon doesn't sound right.
                    sigpic

Comment

Callista! Yeah, I think I read something about that guy(s) an the coin when I was doing some research about Portland. And I also know Voodoo Doughnuts - well, never eaten one but ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

The episode was good. Not stellar, but certainly well done.

The Good:
                        The scene with Juliette, Bud, Rosalee, and Monroe was fun. Bud in particular made it the perfect sequence as he is cute when he volges.

The scenes between Nick and Juliette. Juliette was used well, and the way they are being brought back together is more convincing than I hoped for. I still think the Juliette memory-loss arc lasted way too long, but if it means we get a Juliette that finally does something, our suffering may be worth it.

I also like that the Royal plot appears to be moving, and while I like Adalind, I do want her story to move soon. Then again, this season moves fast, and her lack of any visible signs of pregnancy helps confirm the speed of events or lack there of. I just don't want another all season plot arc like the Juliette one again. I don't care which character it is. Watching the same type of break down 20 times gets old.

The Meh:
                        Zombies. Really? Like that hasn't been done to death. I'm not a huge zombie fan as I find the, boring, and sure enough, they were boring here too.

That would be my complaint with this episode. While some promises were finally fulfilled, it felt like a week were there were great sequences, commercials, and moments of meh that might as well have been more commercials.

Then again, part 1s are usually slow give they have too much to set up, so next week should be fantastic. Hopefully!

9/10
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I just rewatched the complete 2-parter last night and I stumbled over the call in the beginning of this episode. Besides that Eric really isn't the nicest son to his father (well, Daddy doesn't seem the nicest person on earth himself) and my known issue with understanding James Frain (aren't pronouncing-lessons part of the education of an actor? Over here YES!) I really was interested in this call because I had the feeling I missed something there.

About what I'm especially stumbled was in the middle of the call: "My fiancé and I are lucky to be accepted by the family", Eric tells his father before the "Father, you've slept with Hexenbiests too!" Am I nuts or does that mean Eric and Adalind are an official couple? Could that be the reason why Adalind wants her powers back?

She optained the relationship with Eric - or better, she started over with him under the permission she lost her Wesen. Now she wants to restore it and willing to pay this restoring with her child (if this will continue in season 3. Adalind's look at herself at the end of this ep gave me the impression that she could probably change her mind at least). But ... if she's the official fiancé and a Hexenbiest ... ? I'm under the impressionthat Hexenbiests aren't very ... well, welcome to the Royals.

Any ideas?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X