• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiss of the Muse (220)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    KISS OF THE MUSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 220
    Plans for a dinner date between Nick and Juliette go awry due to a muse-like Wesen with influential powers. Elsewhere, Rosalee visits the trailer for the first time. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

That was ... GREAT! Wow! I've to rewatch it to get everything out of it but ... wow! That was a ride! I loved Nick drawing again, I mean really drawing. He has this talent, why they only barely use it?
    Juliette all alone in the trailer - not that a bad idea but much better was Rosalee fangirling in there. Monroe and she should found a GrimmNick-Fanclub ...
    What I don't get is Hank, sorry. What help is he unable to walk or run? I cannot believe that anyone would accept him back on duty as long as he is in need of the crutches. Maybe it's okay in US, over here he would send home immediatly.
    Renard at the end ... has anyone besides me the impression that he has a plan for her? Is that probably another of his many sides or was he trying to protect Nick (what I doubt. He has a tool now he can use to make Nick work for him if their alliance would fail).

There's a lot more but right now I need some sleep to think straight again. Nighty night, Grimmsters!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I have a funny feeling that the actor is hurt. And the show is contractually obligated to have him in a certain number of episodes thus he 'shows up to work' and they accommodate him.

Which explains last week....the odd 'push his chair out the door to send him on vacation' scene....it was weird when it happened, and now I can see that it was necessary to set up explaining the actor's injury. (Like Rosalee's love of all things bulky sweaters while she was preggers, which she's suddenly given up now that she's not)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It is obvious that Russell was hurt. I think he could go back to a desk job, you can do that with a broken leg, but not in the field. I am not sure if he was in "field duty" but the fact that Wu was with them probably meant that he was just pushing it.

Anyway, another great episode and we are getting closeer to the finale! I am sort of glad they moved it to Tuesdays now because I won´t have to wait - I am leaving for a convention tomorrow and get back home late Sunday night

I am surprised how nicely the Juliette´s arc went into a story cycle. I loved that she didn´t freak out but accepted what Nick told her. Also, it was good that Monroe and Rosalee did not throw all the information on her at once. It was probably the best, let her remember because this way she believes it.
        I LOVED Rosalee in the trailer. She was geeking like Monroe did. And wow, Monroe has a key to the trailer! I loved how Monroe was planning the dinner - I hope this thing with Juliette doesn´t mean Nick moving out from Monroe. I think they still need to talk and moving back together is not the best thing - they just barely "met" again.

Nick was really scary here. I think this proves that he could kill an innocent Wesen (however this one was obsessive and crazy, it wasn´t his fault). Can you imagine if he should lose Juliette again? All that rage and power Chloe was talking about?

I liked how Monroe, Rosalee, Hank and eventually Renard went all together to help Nick. He has some awesome friends there. Well, Renard is not really a friend but an unstable Grimm is bad for him.
        I don´t think he has any plans for Chloe. At least not yet. I think he wants to control Nick as Royals once did control Grimms and with a distracting influence like hers, he couldn´t do that. But maybe he could use her to get rid of some of his enemies. However, it looks like her spell doesn´t really work for everybody and she is picky (attracted) to artists and people who are different.

David was great here and I have to say, when Bree has a chance to show also other side of Rosalee and not just making potions, she is great as well.

I will have to start a rewatch next week

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

One of the writers said Russel did hurt his leg. (I think it was Akeela Cooper, but I'm not sure about that.)
          I'm thinking that artist guy was some sort of otter-like creature. The only reason I think that, though, is because I saw real otters swimming in the river near where he jumped in a few months ago.
          I, too, like how they brought Juliette's memories back in time for her to help Nick out. That was a nice touch.

Comment

He tore his Achilles in real life just like he did in the show. David Giuntoli said he did it at a Super Bowl party
            sigpic

Comment

I really liked the end.

Nick being completely confused. I think he did not even understand why he was down at the precinct's prison. Then he sees Juliette and asks why she's there. Loved when she said that she was there for him like he had been there for her. I nearly melted when he nearly broke down and said "Thank you, thank you." I could cry.

And then you see the artist trying to snach Nick's gun on the floor. Renard stepping on it and asking "Really?" Really liked that.

And I loved the very end when Renard tells her to disappear and never come back to Portland and shows her his Hexenbiest. That was sooo good. I like a threatening Renard if it is to help Nick.

All in all I liked this episode, including the confused Monroe when Nick came back, then told him to get a life for himself and then stormed out. And Monroe speaking to himself: "And you a house for yourself."
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I not nearly cried, I cried in that scene, mi - three times now. With that, Grimm is really a special show. Making me cry, that happens only when I watch shows I love to pieces ... Babylon5 I cannot watch the last ep with bursting into tears, Eureka the same. But those are endings, not somewhere in the (hopeful) middle of the show.
                That was outstanding acting from both, Bitsie and David!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

The episode was excellent!

I like how the team building paid off as they figured out what was wrong with Nick.

Juliette was used well, and the captain's face can be read so many ways at the end.

An episode with solid writing and acting!
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I really liked this episode, especially the end when Juilette is able help Nick and doesn't question why, also that she mostly knows the truth now (well some of what a grimm is).

And the end was great too, with Renard going hexonbeast on the muse.

I'm not sure how they explained on why Hank was on crutches but I actually missed the first few minutes (I was on vacation and the hotel had weird channel order but I found it ).
                    sigpic

Comment

It was mentioned. When I'm right (still have problems to understand Russell sometimes) Hank has the same injury Russel has

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X