X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dogs of War

The Dogs of War

Chapter One: First Strike

Workers at the warehouse already left for the day an hour ago. The only person in the building were the supervisors and security officers, they were in their offices preparing work orders and payrolls for tomorrow’s payday and work schedules for next week. As the security finishes his rounds, he climb the stairs and into the office of the warehouse.

“Sir, everything is locked and everybody has left the property.” The officers say.

“Thank you Mann. I’ll be done in an hour; I’ll call you when I am finished.”

“Yes sir.” Officer Mann says. He turns around and close the door and on his way down to the docks.

He loves the sunsets over the ocean; he can’t get enough of the beauty of nature and the night sky. He loves working in the night, especially the stars and the fullness of the moon. But the night sky for the night will be cloudy and a few showers, but that doesn’t bother him. He loves everything about nature and nature’s everyday duty. A few hours has passed, and his boss has not left the building yet. He saw a few minute ago still working on the schedule.

He as his patrol at the edge of the pier with his flashlight, he closes his eyes and feel the breeze of the ocean winds. He looks up and saw a fireball coming straight towards him. He thought it was strange. He ran back to shore as fast as he can as the fireball hit the pier and it exploded, destroying the pier. Debris of burned wood and splinter flew in the air he was catapulted into the air and landed near the stacked crates.

“Wow,” he thought. He got up on his feet and dusted off the left over debris of dust and wood. “Where is my flashlight?” He wondered where it was as he turns around to look for it. “Forget it.” He said.

Out of nowhere, another blast hit the ground 20 feet away from him, catapulting him 30 feet in the air and into the burning crates. He felt a sheer horrific pain as he was gored by a medal rod sticking to the ground. It killed him instantly as his eyes were open.

“What the hell.” His office window shattered. The blast jolted him forward and on the floor at his office. “What the hell happen?” he asked himself. He grabbed for his radio and called the security officer, but he was not answering the radio, “Are you alright.” Nothing, he thought of the worst possible scenario. He might be dead. But he refuses to accept the outcome of the situation. As he got up to his feet, he grabbed the phone and called 911, but the phone was dead. Luckily he had his cell phone and dialed 911 and ran out of the warehouse. As he gotten clear of the doors, he tripped and fell flat on his face on the puddle of blood.

“What the…” he looks around and saw the dead body of the officer Mann’s remain. It was a horrific seen. He had never seen anything like that in real life but on movies. He looks up at the sky and saw a burst of fireball coming straight towards the charred remains of sheet metals. As it hit the sheet metal, fragments of the metal flew, slicing his neck instantly. His body wobbles to the ground in the pool of blood.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

I've moved this to fanfic, since it looks more like that to me.

If you're writing a whole story, you may want to consider posting it elsewhere in chapters, like Gateworld's great fanfic archive, then posting links here. The archive will be much more readable than here

any questions, please ask
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X