Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven S. DeKnight's Incursion: Our next space Sci-fi fix!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven S. DeKnight's Incursion: Our next space Sci-fi fix!!

I'm a big fan of space Sci-fi and I really miss shows like Stargate. I am also a big fan of Spartacus and various historical drama such as Rome, Game of thrones, Pillars of the Earth, etc. I find TV shows like such historical action/dramas have a lot of similarities with sci-fi. Both must create a world different from ours (either futuristic, aliens, or historical) with people who have different values than us and face different social dilemmas than us. So that's the way I see the connection between space sci-fi and historical action/drama such as Spartacus. Personally, I don't mind if it's gritty or not. Both are ok in my book.

I really miss space sci-fi tv series, which are imo the ultimate escapism. I hope the new DeKnight series will involve alien politics (and thus aliens action/drama) too like Spartacus also included Roman politics. That's my hope to truly make it an space sci-fi show. I like how Stargate used starships or stargates to encounter and interact with different aliens species and culture.

Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight is working on Incursion, a sci-fi action thriller about soldiers engaged in war with an alien race. The hook: Each season will take place on a new planet as the good guys push farther and farther onto the extraterrestrials’ turf. The project, which promises harsh combat scenes and complex male and female characters set against an intergalactic backdrop, is part of DeKnight’s overall deal with the cable channel.
    http://tvline.com/2012/07/11/steven-...starz-dracula/

Here's a little interview about the new show:

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/vid.../1737866673001

It seems it will be more based on the ground in alien planets not so much in spaceships. I wonder how the aliens will look and act like. I hope we see much of them too and they don't just become some enemy cannon fodders.

Can't wait!!!
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Sounds interesting, will definitely give it a try.

Comment

When will it air ? This fall ? or next year in spring ? Can't wait to see the first trailer !
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting! Planet-based is okay but I do hope it won't all look like BC, as SG and Andromeda to name but two do.
        sigpic

Comment

After his success with Spartacus, I really look forward to this endeavor by DeKnight. I will definitely be checking this out when it airs.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really want to know more about this cause this sounds really interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy FRAK! Finally! We might actually get a sci-fi show with no fraking studio/tv station limits? Okay maybe not as much space driven, but aliens.

I got sucked into Spartacus. I didn't think I'd like it at all. I was wrong.

Oh HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!

Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I really like the potential of this. I just hope people give it a fair shot.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really love the work Steven S. DeKnight does!! he is AMAZING!! I still am so very in love with his Spartacus series!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X