This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis MALPs?

in the pilot the used a malp but it was lost because it was a space gate. now they probably brought more than one, but still with the number of gates that are in space, they would run out quick. so what do they use for probes?

Well, the SGC doesent have hundreds, we often see them sending the malp back and getting checked for radiation, so they can reuse then, thats probably what they do in atlantis also. But also having Teyla know lots of planets, they will know more of what they are expecting and mybe not use a malp?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

So far we have seen two MALPS - and both have been sent through the gates never to be returned.

The fact they don't have many MALPS could explain why the team go through the Gate in a Puddle Jumper as then if the gates are in Space at least they'll be safe.

Comment

spoiler for s2
        Spoiler:
        maybe the daedalus will bring more malps
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
          Well, the SGC doesent have hundreds, we often see them sending the malp back and getting checked for radiation, so they can reuse then, thats probably what they do in atlantis also. But also having Teyla know lots of planets, they will know more of what they are expecting and mybe not use a malp?
          i know they would send them back when they can, but when they go through a space gate, it is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
            So far we have seen two MALPS - and both have been sent through the gates never to be returned.

The fact they don't have many MALPS could explain why the team go through the Gate in a Puddle Jumper as then if the gates are in Space at least they'll be safe.
            we've seen where there have been instances where they had to go through on foot because of structures around the gate, and i dont know about you, but even in the jumper, i wouldnt want to go through the gate with out some idea of whether im gonna survive, if someone has a iris or shield over the gate, your dead before you even know it. i wonder if the ancients maybe had some kind of probes or something we havent found yet, although since they put the gates their it would probably be kind of pointless for that

Comment

I was wondering about the lack of MALPs myself. Seems pretty stupid to go to other worlds, through other gates when you have little/no idea of whats on the other side.

They do this on SG-1 sometimes, very randomly though, as sometimes they send a MALP, sometimes they just walk through, or appear and are surprised by what they see etc.

Its probably somehting to do with differentiating the two shows though.
              ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

Comment

Working...
              X