Dark Horse to adapt original "The Star Wars" comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Horse to adapt original "The Star Wars" comic

So it seems yesterday it was announced at WonderCon that Dark Horse is in the process of adapting the original Star Wars script as a limited-series comic! Several photos were posted on BleedingCool, and this morning TheForce.net posted a press release that opened with an assurance that this was not an April Fools prank.

The 1974 rough draft for A New Hope, at the time titled simply The Star Wars, features the main protagonist Annikin Starkiller, an older Jedi General Luke Skywalker, a six-foot-tall lizard Han Solo, and 'the evil Sith Knights.'

Interesting....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Dark Horse Comics' official Twitter account confirms!

And the first interior page it descibes: !!

Original image link on twitter
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 April 2013, 03:26 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow. That definitely sounds interesting. It definitely sounds like something I would have passed off as a joke, but I'm really interested in seeing a Trandoshian Han Solo.

sigpic

Comment

They should probably slap whatever idiot thought it was a good idea to let the cat out of the bag on April 1

Comment

For a story so bizarre, I don't think there is a better day other than April Fools to announce it. It's something I'd have considered false regardless of the time of year.

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to it, surprising but I plan on checking it out as Dark Horse has gorwn into my favorite place for Star Wars stories!

Comment

An overview of the plot.

I just used this to write the Wookieepedia article and....I think my brain has melted.

Comment

I read the first issue and it's pretty interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X