PDA

View Full Version : Who wrote Henry's book?

rushy
March 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
What do you think?
Many seem to think August did it(writer+apparent capability to make up a story in the book's style), but I highly doubt it. He was 7 years old when he left the Enchanted Forest and thus would hardly know any of the stories. Also, if he did write it, why didn't he add the story of Pinocchio until later?

I don't believe Gold made it because his memories were scrapped along with everyone else's until Emma came, but the book came before Emma(but possibly not before "Welcome to Storybrooke").

It MAY have been the Dark Curse since we don't really know if the book existed in the 80s or not.

As for the Blue Fairy writing it, NO. She lost her memories.
In my opinion, it's either the Seer(if she's alive), the Dark Curse, the Dragon or Jefferson.

Ian-S
March 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Could be Sidney Glass too.

But I expect it'll be confirmed to be August, although it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Jefferson, Gold or Regina either.

rushy
March 27th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Could be Sidney Glass too.

But I expect it'll be confirmed to be August, although it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Jefferson, Gold or Regina either.

Can't be Regina, she was confused by it in the first episode.

Ian-S
March 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
oh not like her to lie is it? ;)

rushy
March 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
oh not like her to lie is it? ;)

Yes, a brilliant evil plan: Leave the entire history of the Enchanted Forest to your archenemy(Snow White) whose memories you're trying NOT to restore.
The entire point of the Dark Curse was that they do NOT remember. Writing the stories would make no sense.
Sidney Glass lost his memories, no way he wrote them(he's basically a ditched character too).

jelgate
March 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Such is the nature of television. The Sidney character had to be ditiched when the actor playing him got a main character role on Revolution. Actors are always going to take main character over recurring. It pays more

garhkal
April 2nd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Which character in revolution is he playing??

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2013, 09:54 PM
Which character in revolution is he playing??

He plays Tom Neville, General Monroe's top guy.

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2013, 09:54 PM
I certainly hope we eventually find out for sure who wrote the book. IMO, that is pretty important.

rushy
April 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
I hope its Jefferson. But probably not(he's another ditched character).
So its the Dragon, the Curse or the Seer.

SheppAddictedFangirl
April 14th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Rumpel could have written it before the curse took place. He knew it would happen, he suggested it to Regina in the first place. However, he did want it broken (and only use it as a way to find his son in this "world without magic".) And it was him who ensured that Emma would be able to break it on her 28th birthday. It was also him, who brought Henry to Regina. Why not the book to Snow somehow? Considering the huge amount of stories linked to him, one would think he would want to remember who owes him. Then again, he didnīt seem to have lost his memories after all. He told Regina his true name long before Emma broke the curse.

rushy
April 14th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Then again, he didnīt seem to have lost his memories after all. He told Regina his true name long before Emma broke the curse.
Rumpel regained his memories when he met Emma in "Pilot". It was part of the Curse's design(hence why he needed her name).

SheppAddictedFangirl
April 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Rumpel regained his memories when he met Emma in "Pilot". It was part of the Curse's design(hence why he needed her name).

Oh right. Slippery memory of my own, lol. ;)

jelgate
April 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Thats fan speculation. For all we know he always knew about the curse but just hid it from everyone else

rushy
April 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thats fan speculation. For all we know he always knew about the curse but just hid it from everyone else

Really?
Sorry, I thought that was canon lol.
My mistake.

rushy
April 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM
So it's down to Rumple, Seer, Dragon, Jefferson or August.

jeri
April 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM

Not so. First of all, the creators Eddie and Adam say that Rumple regained his memory when he heard Emma's name when she first came to SB. They clarified this in their podcast on the official ABC OUAT podcast. Sorry you will have to go listen to them, I don't recall which one exactly. But they are all only about 15 minutes long and are fun to listen to.

Then I just watched the enhanced version of The Queen Is Dead, in which Emma, Snow, Mulan and Aurora are looking for the squid ink in Rumple's cell, where they find the parchment paper on which Rumple wrote Emma's name many times. This was so he would regain memory when he heard it. The notes during this scene in this enhanced episode clarify this point.

It would be interesting if he did know all along, and I was a bit disappointed by E & A saying no he did not. But maybe they will change their minds or have some other tricky play on words about it.

rushy
April 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Not so. First of all, the creators Eddie and Adam say that Rumple regained his memory when he heard Emma's name when she first came to SB. They clarified this in their podcast on the official ABC OUAT podcast. Sorry you will have to go listen to them, I don't recall which one exactly. But they are all only about 15 minutes long and are fun to listen to.

Then I just watched the enhanced version of The Queen Is Dead, in which Emma, Snow, Mulan and Aurora are looking for the squid ink in Rumple's cell, where they find the parchment paper on which Rumple wrote Emma's name many times. This was so he would regain memory when he heard it. The notes during this scene in this enhanced episode clarify this point.

It would be interesting if he did know all along, and I was a bit disappointed by E & A saying no he did not. But maybe they will change their minds or have some other tricky play on words about it.

... so Rumple is out of the list again.

jelgate
April 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM

I have heard about that podcast and to be frank after listening to them I don't believe them. Writers constantly change their mind because they decide to take the story or they want to mislead fans for suspense. Some writers have even lied to their fans. I recall BSG doing that

jeri
April 20th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I have heard about that podcast and to be frank after listening to them I don't believe them. Writers constantly change their mind because they decide to take the story or they want to mislead fans for suspense. Some writers have even lied to their fans. I recall BSG doing that

Okay...:p

Mrja84
October 2nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
I feel like Rumpel is the best option as he knew about the curse before it was enacted (he planned/created it), so he could have made it so the curse while terrible, would create the book.

Or Rumpel created the book before the curse took effect and ensured that it would cross over to Storybrooke.

My real question is how did August know about the book? Why did he modify it after arriving at Storybrooke.

ZRFTS
October 3rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
I have to believe that the storybook came from Neverland; I mean stories are imagination right? Imagination exists in Neverland and therefore the book came from there.

rushy
December 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Considering the Author is someone we already know, lives in Storybrooke and is magical, here are my suggestions:
1) August. He wrote a chapter in season 1 after all, though he could've simply copied the style. Now that I think about it, why wasn't Pinocchio's story in the book to begin with? Because he wasn't part of the curse?

2) Snow White. She had the book originally.

3) Henry, maybe from the future or with a split personality. He'd care enough about Regina to create the extra page.

4) Jiminy Cricket. He's the conscience guy and hasn't been used in friggin AGES.

pscard
January 1st, 2015, 11:05 AM
I'm betting the author is a character we haven't seen yet. Perhaps the Sorcerer (The Sorcerer and the Apprentice).

garhkal
January 1st, 2015, 03:32 PM
Maybe, since we do now know there are all those blank books in his place.

txlucky1
January 8th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Walt Disney ;-)

rushy
January 8th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Walt Disney ;-)

They directly denied this. :-)

txlucky1
January 8th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I'm sure, but it's a cute idea.

rushy
January 11th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I'm fairly confident it's August, since he's coming back for 4B.

garhkal
January 11th, 2015, 02:30 PM
How so? Didn't august get killed?

pscard
January 12th, 2015, 04:14 PM
August didn't die. He turned younger and became a real boy.

rushy
January 13th, 2015, 02:43 AM
August didn't die. He turned younger and became a real boy.

Besides, it might be a flashback. Like how he found out how to find Baelfire.

Morgania
January 13th, 2015, 06:22 AM
A fairy tale version of the Fates. They decide to go modern and use a book instead of a floor loom. Besides, a book is more portable.

pscard
January 13th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Besides, it might be a flashback. Like how he found out how to find Baelfire.It wasn't a flashback. Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhV_NX-ogs

rushy
January 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM
It wasn't a flashback. Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhV_NX-ogs

Thank you, but I meant his return in season 4 might be a flashback.

rushy
April 2nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Alright, so August's back now and we've met the Author.
I have a new theory: August will be the next Author. Think about it, he's already written a story in the book, he is a writer... who says he won't get the quill? Maybe he already has it!

jazzy72
August 13th, 2016, 07:13 AM
So how did everyo9ne like the idea of Henry being the author? I loved it. he has the heart of the truest believer after all!

rushy
August 18th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Now I can blame the show's decline on Henry's fanfiction.

garhkal
August 18th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I wonder.. Will we see any after effects of no new ruler 'down under' now that the devil's a gonner..

rushy
August 28th, 2016, 07:05 AM
I wonder.. Will we see any after effects of no new ruler 'down under' now that the devil's a gonner..

King Arthur took over the Underworld(at least he said he would), so I doubt it.