The Americans FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Americans FX

Is someone watching this new show ? It began in January and eight episodes have been aired so far and I have to say, this is the best show from the new season, back in fall none was that awesome as "The Americans" was, for a change no Vampires, no Werwolves, no mystery. Plain gritty Spy action set in the 80s which surrounds on two families, one kgb and one FBI... and all actors are mostly awesome. So, if any one else is watching it, how do you like it ? I have to say, I like it a bit more than Homeland but it has the same awesomness going on and hope it gets some recognition at the emmies next year.
    sigpic

I'm watching and quite enjoy it. Only new show this season that I tried out and stuck with.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Yeah I want to give this show a try sometime. Looks interesting.
      sigpic

Favorite quote:
      McKay: You shot me!
      Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
      Ronon: You shot me, too.
      Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

I was just about to start a new thread cuz I didn't see this show on page one but alas I paged back and BOOM!! Yes I am watching it!! I love it....it's weird though at first I didn't really know if I was going to like it cuz the premise sort of bugged me these Russian "Americans" living here raising a family I mean it seemed a bit over the top for me...but I guess this really does go on. And I guess it's all coming together now that I am getting to know the FBI side too and feeling the push and pull between the two. And it all made it clear that this is not simply a cops and robbers ...good guy and bad guy show like we are so programmed into while we are watching our TV shows like NCIS or other crime dramas this is....all about... something that Nina said... "Keeping everyone where they are so you can bleed them for all they've got" It's not about putting the bad guys away.....and sometimes those bad guys aren't really so bad...it's necessary sometimes to keep the play fields in check. SO yeah this is heady and I'm enjoying it.... I'm also enjoying the 80's retro dealio cuz ...well that takes me back
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Almost done with this season, I am glad that we get a second season because this is by far my most favorite show of the new season not even Defiance made it this far as The Americans in my book. Does anyone know how the ratings look like ? Is it fairly successful ? I hope it will be a long time on screen, which I doubt but I still am able to wish it right... ?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm probably gonna watch this on DVD
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              Almost done with this season, I am glad that we get a second season because this is by far my most favorite show of the new season not even Defiance made it this far as The Americans in my book. Does anyone know how the ratings look like ? Is it fairly successful ? I hope it will be a long time on screen, which I doubt but I still am able to wish it right... ?
              I have no idea about the ratings on this, but for them to get a second season that says something. And a show like this may not have that large of a budget to worry about ....except they do need to find 80's artifacts and such...that can't be cheap

Comment

This last new ep got a 0.6 rating (18-49). That seems to be where the show is currently getting as the previous two new eps got that as well.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  This last new ep got a 0.6 rating (18-49). That seems to be where the show is currently getting as the previous two new eps got that as well.
                  Is that good? I don't really do the whole ratings thing

and is anyone bummed that.....
                  Spoiler:
                  Gregory got killed I liked him I thought he and Elizabeth had some awesome chemistry

Comment

Well for cable I think that's okay. I'd like it to be higher....

Spoiler:
                    Yeah kinda a shame they killed him. Could have done more with the character since he was an actual American within their ranks that they could trust. Not that I'm cheering for the commies, lol, but it made for some interesting story.

Though they certainly cast Stan in a bad light for killing that poor low level guy. Interesting turn of events though in that last ep.

Only one episode left.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I haven't watched the new episode yet gonna watch that with the finale - what a show ! My favorite one these days and I have to say all main characters are awesome so it's hard to pick a favorite but you got to love Matthew Rhys !
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Well for cable I think that's okay. I'd like it to be higher....

Spoiler:
                        Yeah kinda a shame they killed him. Could have done more with the character since he was an actual American within their ranks that they could trust. Not that I'm cheering for the commies, lol, but it made for some interesting story.

Though they certainly cast Stan in a bad light for killing that poor low level guy. Interesting turn of events though in that last ep.

Only one episode left.
                        I agree.. and I'm sorry I didn't spoiler that Not thinking so I'll spoiler my discussions from now on in case people aren't caught up...
                        Spoiler:
                        I agree there are too few "americans" in the ranks who are double agents...although I think it's really interesting that Nina is now tasked with trying to turn Stan I really don't see here able to do it...but then she can be persuasive I figured she'd try to work around being "turned" like that...so this should be interesting. I was starting to feel sorry for Stan...like he was in a bad spot but you know when he came home with that trip for his wife I really wanted to smack him up side the head. I get that Nina is exotic and maybe he feels he is "working her* by becoming intimate with her ....but still He's starting to bug me a bit

But I do love all the characters too and can feel for them and the position they are in.

Awesome finale and ...we did get a second season right? I think I remember reading in this thread we got it...but just can't remember shyte these days

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        I haven't watched the new episode yet gonna watch that with the finale - what a show ! My favorite one these days and I have to say all main characters are awesome so it's hard to pick a favorite but you got to love Matthew Rhys !
                        Finale was AMAZING

Comment

I really really really love this show and I already miss it ! I will watch this season surely again this year ! all though it could have more of a cliffhanger but I loved the ending nevertheless, things will be interesting next year and I am already praying for a third season !
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X