Dr. Frankenstein Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Frankenstein Speculation

This thread is for speculation on dr. Victor Frankenstein/Whale.
    My question is: If Rumplestiltskin was colorful in the Land Without Color, why wasn't Frankenstein black-and-white in the Enchanted Forest?
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

What "Land Without Color"?

And maybe the black and white flashback was a nod to the original black and white Frankenstein movies?

Comment

The Land Without Color is where Frankenstein and his family lived. Duh. And I doubt the black-and-white was just for viewers, the writers have mentioned it as a "land without color".
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        This thread is for speculation on dr. Victor Frankenstein/Whale.
        My question is: If Rumplestiltskin was colorful in the Land Without Color, why wasn't Frankenstein black-and-white in the Enchanted Forest?
        That is an interesting question.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          That is an interesting question.
          That is an interesting answer.

Comment

Perhaps the enchanted forest is a land of magic so strong it affects all who enter, equalizing the good doctor to his surroundings. The land without colour has no magic, which is why there is no colour, but Rumplestiltskin's magic is so strong it stays with him even there.

Just a thought. Probably wrong.
            sigpic
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Good possibility.. Though how did rump travel there and back so easily?

Comment

Quantum bubble! Lol, jk, I just like saying quantum bubble.

Maybe it has something to do with him being the dark one. Magic or no, all lands are touched by darkness. Symbolic, yes, but I wouldn't put it past them. This is a fun game! Next challenge, please!
                sigpic
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Good possibility.. Though how did rump travel there and back so easily?
                  He used the Hatter for that. It was mentioned in the episode.

Comment

If he used Hatter, then how did he transport Frankenstein? Somehow, I doubt Hatter would have agreed to go through, stay behind, and wait for them to come back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
                      Quantum bubble! Lol, jk, I just like saying quantum bubble.

Maybe it has something to do with him being the dark one. Magic or no, all lands are touched by darkness. Symbolic, yes, but I wouldn't put it past them. This is a fun game! Next challenge, please!
                      That sounds like a good possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
                        If he used Hatter, then how did he transport Frankenstein? Somehow, I doubt Hatter would have agreed to go through, stay behind, and wait for them to come back.
                        I could see Rumple bullying Hatter into waiting, maybe he even threatened Hatter's daughter... Plus, it was obvious Frankenstein would want to return...

Was anyone else grossed out by the fact Snow White had sex with Dr. Frankenstein? He's a pretty gross guy in both realities... What kind of woman sleeps with a guy like that, especially after it's obvious he has a thing for Red?
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                        X