Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Athosians were lost? (Season 4 spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Athosians were lost? (Season 4 spoilers)

The Athosians go missing about half way into the fourth season in "Missing." In "The Kindred," we learn that they've been held prisoner by Michael and he's been turning them into human-Wraith hybrids. Some were rescued, but what about those converted into hybrids? Michael's ship was destroyed in "Search and Rescue." Wasn't it crewed by Athosians turned hybrids? Was this ever explored on the show?

Nope, it wasn't... Athosians were never fully explored, let alone when used as plot devices for Michael's storyline.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think either Carson or Sheppard, someone, mentions in the Kindred Part 2 when they discover the Athosian bodies that there's 200 hundred (??not sure) dead on the scaffolding there. I also think that hologram McKay talking about Michael's ascension to power to Sheppard in Last Man says that Michael had his hybrid experimentation going on on multiple planets with mulitple populations, so you never actually know whether or not all of the hybrids on his hiveship are Athosian or a mixture of all of those races and some Athosians. Also, some Athosians have to survive because in Season 5 Teyla comments on how Kanaan still visits their people as does she.

I have to agree with Falcon that the Athosians were never explored to their true potential which was really crappy considering one of the main characters was supposed to be their leader. I think even Michael's storyline with the hybrids didn't get as explored as it could have been. Most of Season 4 was dedicated to the Asurans, sadly Michael's plotline with the Athosians, and consequently Teyla's pregnancy, came across as definitely more of an afterthought.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X