Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'The Clone Wars' ending, 'Detours' postponed till date TBA, new series announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Clone Wars' ending, 'Detours' postponed till date TBA, new series announced

Well....frack.

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direc...animation.html

A NEW DIRECTION FOR LUCASFILM ANIMATION

March 11, 2013

As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.

As part of this shift, we have also made some key decisions affecting Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours.

After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

At Star Wars Celebration VI last year, George Lucas gave fans a glimpse at the animated comedy series Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, and Todd Grimes. Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense. As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date.

We are incredibly proud of the teams at Lucasfilm Animation for creating some of the most amazing animation ever produced for TV. Keep checking StarWars.com for new developments on these and future projects.

There's also a video at the link.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Dang I was just about to consider getting into this show.

I've watched a few episodes but they were mostly out of order. It looked good from what I saw.
    sigpic

Comment

Wahh! Damn, I enjoyed this show.

Comment

so season six will be the last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          so season six will be the last season?
          I don't think so. They never mentioned a season six anywhere in the article. The only thing they mentioned was "bonus content" so I'm guessing there won't even be a full season.
          Meh...

Comment

What a cr*p way to treat fans of the show, don't get me wrong i am really excited about the new films but that doesn't mean you have to throw clone wars away.
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

This news is unfortunate, however if we do get some excellent story arcs to wrap things up I won't be too upset.

Comment

This sucks.

Depending on when the new series is supposed to take place things may not be too bad though. I REALLY want to learn more about this universe pre-Epsiode I.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                  I don't think so. They never mentioned a season six anywhere in the article. The only thing they mentioned was "bonus content" so I'm guessing there won't even be a full season.
                  We'll season five was shortened from previous seasons, not dramatically, we may not even get a season 6

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  Dang I was just about to consider getting into this show.

I've watched a few episodes but they were mostly out of order. It looked good from what I saw.
                  Still give it a try, its a pretty good show
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Not having a season six is both disappointing and a relief. Just felt like they were just prolonging the story before it ties into episode 3. Would like to know/see what happens to Ahsoka. But if they are going to continue with some sort of web-series then I really don't mind the show ending.

Looking forward to a new TV series. I to hope it will be about the pre-Episode 1 era. But would this conflict with the new movie? Or is the new movie going to be about what happens after E6?

Comment

i wonder if the "bonus content" will be released on as a separate dvd set or with season 5

Comment

I'm hoping that 'still producing new story arcs' means movies to follow through on unresolved story arcs.

I mean heck, we know that at least 3 episodes were already finished but bumped from the Season 5 schedule.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I'm hoping that 'still producing new story arcs' means movies to follow through on unresolved story arcs.

I mean heck, we know that at least 3 episodes were already finished but bumped from the Season 5 schedule.
                          A few movies to finish up arcs would be great.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Maybe dvd extra's?
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 20 March 2013, 12:58 AM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Three whole episodes as DVD/BD extras?

...well, I hope so But that would be the biggest set of bonus features I've ever seen

Comment

Working...
                              X