• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Sandman (215)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    MR. SANDMAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215
    Nick and Hank are on the case after a woman contracts a sudden case of blindness and then dies, and the search leads them to a Wesen that feeds off its victim's tears. Elsewhere, Adalind reflects on her new situation; and Juliette works on her memory with Rosalee's help. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

So, love the 'obi wan vegetable massacre' at the end. Souping nick up with better senses for a coming battle?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That was an awesome episode! I loved the dinner scene and the fight scene at the end. Nick was fighting the guy while he was blind, awesome! And I too love the the star wars reference at the end. Its awesome that Nick got to keep his "super" hearing.

The only thing I didn't really care about was Julietts storyline. But at least that wasn't a major part of the episode.

Overall, a perfect 10 to me .
      sigpic

Comment

That was great! I LOVE this ep! Finally I got my Whump-episode. True, not too much whump, I thought Nick would be more ... well, a little more in pain to be true, a little more helpless ... ya know, the usual. But his "superhearing" was awesome! And I loved the fight with that creature.
        Just wondering now ... when exactly David G. decided to go on vacation in Kenja? Before or after he read the script .

Juliette and the "ghost of Nick" was great but obvicious. I only was wondering about that noise she heard everytime he showed up. Sounded like someone flipping pages of a book or so. I thought maybe she remembered one time Nick brought his case-files home. But in the end it seems like she would remember that scene when she found him in the trailer.
        Renard has also hallucinations now? Or was that a nightmare? If first Rosalee's cure probably wasn't strong enough, if the last ... well, I hope it was the last.
        And I was right about Adalind! She's still able to recognize Wesen when they are on Woge! Ha, I knew it! And I think I begin to get the gypsies! They have something to do with the Hexenbiests. I have to say, that's the only thing I think isn't that well thought through but I hope they will not put every gypsy into this "bad Wesen"-pot, it would be a shame (yes, I'm friend with some Sintis, they are running a booth on Christmas and we were neighbours for three years - never found people with bigger hearts in my life )

But all in all - great!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

That was great and really, really creepy. And disgusting. I loved that

I like how they use "case of the week" to spread not only the list of Wesen but also the mythology, or Nick´s Grimmness or something. I actually thought that it was the coolest part from all. I think this answers the questions if Grimms have some special abilities - definitely enhanced senses or some sort of a sixth sense. We have seen Nick reacting before, as if he was able to "feel it" (like the Nucklevee in the bar) but we never really got to it. Because he is a self-taught Grimm, I guess he needed something like this to get this ability. I suppose other Grimms learn this since they are kids or since they become Grimms.

Nick fighting the creepy guy without eyes was also great. Wow.
          I loved the dinner scene and I also loved all of them in the house, catching the guy.

I am glad the patologist returned, she was missed (by me anyway )
          The worms in the eyes was one of the creepiest scenes ever on Grimm and I can imagine kids having nightmares after this one.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of Renard in this episode but that one scene said it all. It´s not over for either of them. Maybe if they spent a little less time with Juliette´s hallucinations (yes, it was obvious), then maybe. But I liked seeing Rosalee and Juliette together.
          Also, at this point, I think they are not going to say Juliette and let her "heal" in a natural way. Maybe they should show us Rosallee telling Nick that he shouldn´t say Juliette anything because she is in a fragile mental state when she wouldn´t believe him anyway. But if they have told her the truth from the beginning, it would probably have been much easier for her to accept this.
          That is basically the only thing that bothers me, otherwise, a great episode.

Next week´s looks interesting. As a geek (I am not a gamer but I know a lots of them and to see a glimpse of "AerynSun" on the screen made me squee), I can see enjoying this episode

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

For me there's a lot of set up going on for the finale. Nick's new powers, juliette's hallucinations etc. I do think they're getting clumsy though. They can explain away the bug getting stabbed, self defense for the victim, but what about the missing eye? (ewwe by the way on that). How will they explain that away? Nick's job isn't just to police the wesen, but also to protect the knowledge of their existence.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They can say she hurt him while defending herself. Or that either Hank or Nick hurt him when they fought with him. I think Nick is pretty good in making stuff up now.
              Last edited by Klenotka; 23 March 2013, 08:32 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

All I have to say is that blind Nick's fighting was awesome and hot. I'm normally a Captain's girl but this was very nice.

Comment

Oh, this whole eyes thing, blindness and worms in the eyes was just so ugly, but really really well done. I think I will have nightmares about this

Great about Nick and his enhanced ability. I hope he finds more abilities like this, no idea what in fact.

what was that about the Captain exactly? what was that?
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

@mi_guard:
                    We don't know exactly. Could be that Renard has halluzinations too. My guess ist more that it was a sort of nightmare. Juliette was getting older very fast, so ... maybe it could be something else - or maybe it has something to do with Adalind.
                    Remember that gypsy-woman? "Who is the unlucky man?" My guess is, it has something to do with the spell and the fact that Renard slept with Adalind. I don't really think the child is his (you know, payback is a ***** and I would be very pleased when it would turn out as Eric's - just because ... well, you remember that scene, when he shared the family-gossip with Adalind). We'll see. To me this looked like a sort of end of the Renard/Juliette-storyarc - from his side. I mean, will he now be haunted by the skeleton of Juliette while she's still alive? That would be ... weird!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Ugh, 2 things that really freak me out, parasites and the thought of going blind.....I squirmed the whole way through. I did love Nick learning/gaining some increased sensory awareness. Maybe it's a grimm thing to keep them able to fight when they lose a sense, they gain an increased sense to make up for it.

I'm guessing Juliette's hallucinations are her memories trying to come back.

Not sure what to think about Adalind and her baby. If it's Eric's I see that helping her because he's fully Royal right? But, how would the baby being Renard's be helpful since he's only half royal and already the black sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                        Ugh, 2 things that really freak me out, parasites and the thought of going blind.....I squirmed the whole way through. I did love Nick learning/gaining some increased sensory awareness. Maybe it's a grimm thing to keep them able to fight when they lose a sense, they gain an increased sense to make up for it.

I'm guessing Juliette's hallucinations are her memories trying to come back.

Not sure what to think about Adalind and her baby. If it's Eric's I see that helping her because he's fully Royal right? But, how would the baby being Renard's be helpful since he's only half royal and already the black sheep?
                        The parasite thing freaked me out also. And I thought the same thing about Adalind's baby. Does Adalind even know that Renard is only half royal? I see monsters in the future.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe the ability Grimms have is to adapt? Nick never had a teacher, he is a self-taught Grimm but it seems that he improved in fighting by facing different Wesen. When he lost his sight, ears took over. Also, the "sixth sense" thing was hinted before. I am not sure I want Nick to have some real special ability (like fast healing alá Buffy) but this is definitely cool

Comment

@ Klenotka:
                            Uhm ... sorry to say that but he indeed seems to have some very fast healing vibes (that or the makeup-artist did the worst job ever): 2.11 Nick had a black eye from the fight with the Wendigo. 2.12 starts at the SAME day when 2.11 ended and Nick's eye is heal again. Noticed that a couple of times now, especially in season 2 - true, season 2 has a short timeline, so this "failures" are clearer.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

The healing I haven't really noticed, but to me he does have strength and speed that is slightly better than a normal human. He also has some sort of sixth sense, that has been shown in past episodes. this is the first ep to actually bring it to the forefront. I hope that next episode they talk/show more about it and continue to use it .
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X