• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural Born Wesen (214)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    NATURAL BORN WESEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214
    A group of Wesen break a sacred code of honor by robbing banks while using their true natures as disguises. Elsewhere, Juliette questions her sanity as her lost memories start to come back. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

I'm going to have a quick squee moment: Omg, they had Dutch in there!

Will get back to the ep at a better time because it's 3 am and I have to work this entire weekend and need to get my ass to bed!

Comment

I am kind of disappointed with the episode, it wasn't horrible. but I found myself wishing there was a lot more action. and that Nick acted more "grimm" than he did in this episode, maybe that was because of the potion...

also with Juliette is it just me or she was on the stairs for over a day, it seemed like Nick and everyone had done a lot of things with the time that she was staring at the black thing.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say, again I missed the first minutes - story of my life! I really have to check the timezones better. But what I've seen was great.

Just what you didn't like, blueray, I loved. Nick not longer all grim but still the Grimm. He calmed down and that's good. Don't know how long it had take the other way before he really had begun to kill Wesen, he was pretty close to that point during the last episodes.

Also Juliette with the hole in her house was a great metapher. And the call in the end ... anyone understood what this voice was saying? "You want the truth, you can have it!" Her memories come back! That was what Nick said to her before he revealed everything to her in 1.22.

This ... whoever they were ... Rosalee called and Renard mailed the photos of the Blutbaden doesn't seem too nice to me. Especially that it looked like it's more to the Royals to deal with those. I've a baaad feeling in my gut about this other guy in the suit - Hundjäger? Did Rosalee call the Verrat to deal with the situation?

Monroe baking his weird pancakes and Nick's comment was sooo damned funny, I fear I've woken up my neighbour (if he's here, it's pretty quiet on the ground floor and mostly he's at a bar when he has a weekend off, so, hope is there) because I began to laugh so loud about Nick's "Not so sure". That was so great! I'm not a slasher, but I really want to see more of them as roomates - much more!

And the promo for next week ... super-extra-happy Grimmster: Nick blind! *bounces* That's ... yeah! Whump! I mean WHUMP! We will get a whump-episode *squee* Such a happy Grimmster right now *bouncesd again*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I did like the pancake scene too, that was great . yeah, it did seem like they could have been the varret.
          sigpic

Comment

Right, I have a bit of time before work so here we go:

I thought the Juliette scene with the giant hole was pretty creepy. It was great but then my logic took over and I was just wondering why the hell she didn’t take out her mobile and called someone.. When Nick does eventually call, the time seemed off to me but their little "moment" made me so happy.

I’m glad that Nick stayed calm and handled this as a cop first and a Grimm later, because it’s quite a dark path to walk otherwise and he did just take a purification potion!

It does look like Rosalee called the Verrat to deal with the situation but why are they then being named “the Council” ? Unless it’s the highest power in the Verrat, I suppose. Although you’d think Monroe would have still mentioned that. Or did I miss anything?

And again so squee that Rosalee spoke Dutch. The name ‘Groot’ was a bit weirdly said but the G sound is very difficult for non-native speakers so I still think she did a great job

About Monroe I can only say that he’s just great. And I’m somewhere secretly hoping that Nick stays his roomy because they make me laugh/smile so much.

One more thing that I feel should be pointed out: is it just me or is Hank the most understanding guy ever? (How did he ever get so many women problems?!). He just finds it normal that suddenly the Captain is a Royal AND Hexenbiest, and that his ex was one too? I’m also starting to feel bad for Wu now because he’s the only one left out.

I’m definitely looking forward to the next episode, a blind Grimm? Holy sssh. The Wesen was disgusting though, with the tongue licking away all the tears! Aaargh!

Comment

I liked it. I think it was a very strong episode in its own way.
              It was less actioned packed than the last week, slower but SO MUCH happened.

We have another party in game - the Council. I am really, really, curious where Grimms stand in this and I am a little worried that Grimms have something similar and it could go hunt Nick.

So many subtle things here - first, the lies are starting all over again. Renard doesn´t tell Nick everything but obviously, in the end, Nick knew it was Captain by the look at him. I didn´t expect them to be killed. I kept telling myself "It´s been 35 minutes in and they are still not even close to any solution" I believed the Council was sort of a trial but no, they hired an assassin. Wow. I didn´t like Rosalee not telling Nick but then Nick seemed NOT to be interested. I am not sure I want him fully back in his detective mode but I think it is the result of A. Juliette doing OK (as she told him), B.Have Hank back.
              He seemed to find his balance between detective/Grimm thing after a few episodes where he was ready to explode. But I had a feeling that he forced it a little, like an attempt to hold on it when it is no longer possible. I think he knows this and just tried to relax after those few crazy weeks. As if he was in denial.

I thought "why Juliette doesn´t call anyone?" or "Why doesn´t she climb out of a window." but then I thought the hallucinations would probably do something to prevent her to do that.

But I have to wonder...Nick´s blood kills the Hexenbiest....shouldn´t it have some effect on Renard as well? Or maybe it was too few drops to have some effect? And I am wondering what will Roselee do with the rest of Nick´s blood? Maybe nothing but I would like to see it. It looks like Grimm blood has some more effects we don´t know about. Also, David talked about some side effects of the potion so I am curious if there are any and what they are.

The dynamics of the show has changed. Again, as with Hank, when Nick told him, it will take some time to get used to. But it is a good thing, change is necessary and I look forward to it.

But they should tell Juliette already! I loved the moment Nick called her and "saved her" by it, she was so grateful and happy. Also, I just realized that those power surges in the hole may be neurons? Does that represent her brain and returning memories? It was very impressive and for once, I was really caught by Juliette´s storyline (it didn´t happen since "The thing with feathers" - at least for me). I was disappointed they didn´t really care about her but then again, she seemed fine and so did Renard so they didn´t have a reason to believe she had some problems.

The best scene? Monroe making a breakfast for his new roommate, hands down I can´t wait to see more of these because it really looks like Nick isn´t going anywhere

Nick still didn´t move the trailer and he has no idea Renard was there. It is not good.
              BUT, he has the key around his neck. That´s at least something

Sneak peak to the next episode looks very interesting and it seems that writers will focus on physiology of Grimms (and Wesen) in some following episodes.

I just want a new episode right now?
              Last edited by Klenotka; 16 March 2013, 03:17 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

The blood animation at the start of the animation was pretty poor. Why didn't they actually prick his thumb?

Comment

@Klenotka:
                  Renard didn't get the blodd in his part of the potion Rosalee mixed, only Juliette. Just rewatched the scene.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                  Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                  I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

okay, I finally saw the episode.

I agree, the scene with Juliette at the house was really creepy. I did not expect anything like that and for a moment I was scared. I also think that the hole represents the place where her missing memories went. Now, after she took the potion, she starts getting them back. In fact she tried to go outside, but it was not possible; the door would not open. This means that she has to deal with her memories coming back. It would have been better, she would have stayed at the shop, at least she wouldn't have to deal with this alone. She couldn't calll anyone, because from her point of view, the phone had disappeared in the hole. I did not expect, however, the hole to come back. But now she knows that she can just walk over it, so I expect her to take her entire courage and do it again.

Frankly speaking, I do not think that the Verrat and the Council are the same. I can't believe Rosalee or Renard would ask the Verrat to come to Portland to deal with this problem. And remember, Rosalee said that at some point, her father was part of the Council. I can't imagine him being part of the Verrat, then abandon them, work against them, while working with the resistance and then ask the Verrat for help when there is a problem. No, the Council must really be a wesen council, which steps in when the Wesen community is put in danger by other Wesen, and the danger must always be that they risk being discovered by regular people. Furthermore cannot see the Verrat working with 'freelancer assassins'. They would do the work themselves.

and next week? well, of all things that could happen, the possibility to lose my eyesight is what scares me the most probably, so next episode will be a pain to watch
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

next week looks great. the whole taking eye sight reminds me of the grimlocks in charmed. Losing your eye sight would be bad, in my opinion worse than losing your hearing. because at least with hearing you can still read and watch tv (with subtitles).
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X