This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Browder Interview in SFX

For anyone who is interested: a UK magazine called SFX had an interview with Ben Browder in which he speaks about his up coming role on 'Stargate'. Some of the info is a bit dated, he was for example forbidden to reveal not only the name but also the initials of his character - I imagine this month’s issue went to print before the name of Ben's character was announced.

He speaks about being on the set of 'The Peacekeeper Wars' and Claudia Black telling him she didn't think they would work together again. Jokingly he said, "Naw, Claudia. You'll be with me on every job I ever work on.""
    He revealed that he met some of the producers while promoting 'The Peacekeeper Wars' and they chatted for an hour. When 'Stargate' got renewed he met with more of the writers/ producers and "...somebody somewhere must have thought it was a good idea to get me on board. God help them."

Ben says; "I don't have a clue about what these people are on about because I don't speak Goa'uld." He clams he'll be asking for subtitles when he gets on set.

He teased that he’s only seen a handful of episodes (naming episodes 1&2, 4&5, 7, the first part of three and half of eight). Ben asked SFX to name their top five episodes and, in no particular order, they announced; "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "The Torment of Tantalus", "The Lost City" and "Heroes". When Ben successfully names the directors for each episode they realise he knows more than he admitted. Browder goes on to admit he watched 130 episodes in 2 weeks: "I'm in my Stargate indoctrination period." he says.

He does not have a list of favourite episodes but, if asked to name a single episode, he would nominate "Heroes" - he complements Andy Minkita for directing it. Ben loves the NID stuff and the Jack-Maybourne interaction.

Ben also jokes that the produces will kill him after one week when; "...they realise what a big mistake they've made and see how much of a ham I am... I mean, I worry. I might not fit in."

Finally, he admits his concerns, given that Stargate has been running longer than any other sci-fi show (except "The X-Files" and "Doctor Who"), and wonders how he will integrate into the Stargate family.
    To finish Browder says: "It's daunting but no matter what else I bring to Stargate at least I have experience of travelling through wormholes."

P.S. apologies if anyone else has posted this info already…
    "You have already taken the first steps towards becoming... the fith race."

Thanks for the info
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

yeah thanks
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by God_of_the_Sun
        For anyone who is interested: a UK magazine called SFX had an interview with Ben Browder in which he speaks about his up coming role on 'Stargate'. Some of the info is a bit dated, he was for example forbidden to reveal not only the name but also the initials of his character - I imagine this month’s issue went to print before the name of Ben's character was announced.

He speaks about being on the set of 'The Peacekeeper Wars' and Claudia Black telling him she didn't think they would work together again. Jokingly he said, "Naw, Claudia. You'll be with me on every job I ever work on.""
        He revealed that he met some of the producers while promoting 'The Peacekeeper Wars' and they chatted for an hour. When 'Stargate' got renewed he met with more of the writers/ producers and "...somebody somewhere must have thought it was a good idea to get me on board. God help them."

Ben says; "I don't have a clue about what these people are on about because I don't speak Goa'uld." He clams he'll be asking for subtitles when he gets on set.

He teased that he’s only seen a handful of episodes (naming episodes 1&2, 4&5, 7, the first part of three and half of eight). Ben asked SFX to name their top five episodes and, in no particular order, they announced; "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "The Torment of Tantalus", "The Lost City" and "Heroes". When Ben successfully names the directors for each episode they realise he knows more than he admitted. Browder goes on to admit he watched 130 episodes in 2 weeks: "I'm in my Stargate indoctrination period." he says.

He does not have a list of favourite episodes but, if asked to name a single episode, he would nominate "Heroes" - he complements Andy Minkita for directing it. Ben loves the NID stuff and the Jack-Maybourne interaction.

Ben also jokes that the produces will kill him after one week when; "...they realise what a big mistake they've made and see how much of a ham I am... I mean, I worry. I might not fit in."

Finally, he admits his concerns, given that Stargate has been running longer than any other sci-fi show (except "The X-Files" and "Doctor Who"), and wonders how he will integrate into the Stargate family.
        To finish Browder says: "It's daunting but no matter what else I bring to Stargate at least I have experience of travelling through wormholes."

P.S. apologies if anyone else has posted this info already…
        Which issue number of SFX is it and what does the cover look like? I've got sfx on subscription but it's not arrived as yet so wondering if this is one I've had lost on the post.

Comment

It's issue 128 (FEB 2005) and cover has a Doctor Who theme - the New Doctor (Christopher Eccelson) with his companion Rose (Billie Piper). I too have it on subscription - it arrived today so i expect, depending on where you live, it sould arrive in the next few days.
          "You have already taken the first steps towards becoming... the fith race."

Comment

Originally posted by God_of_the_Sun
            It's issue 128 (FEB 2005) and cover has a Doctor Who theme - the New Doctor (Christopher Eccelson) with his companion Rose (Billie Piper). I too have it on subscription - it arrived today so i expect, depending on where you live, it sould arrive in the next few days.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you!! It arrived this morning! Phew! Also anyone notice the rather large Ben poster inside too?

Comment

Hey Angie!!!! great to see a familiar face...well er name actually

i will be buying sfx tomorrow along with pkwars dvd yay

luv n hugs
              mara
              x x x
              AKA That Get Frelled Girl

Scapers making like an army...www.watchfarscape.com

Comment

Originally posted by destructogal17
                Hey Angie!!!! great to see a familiar face...well er name actually

i will be buying sfx tomorrow along with pkwars dvd yay

luv n hugs
                mara
                x x x
                ((((Mara!!!!))))

I'm just hoping Amazon will pull their/it's finger out and send my copy!! You will def looooooove the poster!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                  ((((Mara!!!!))))

I'm just hoping Amazon will pull their/it's finger out and send my copy!! You will def looooooove the poster!
                  ooo im sure i will
                  tehe
                  luv n hugs
                  mara
                  x x x
                  AKA That Get Frelled Girl

Scapers making like an army...www.watchfarscape.com

Comment

Working...
                  X