PDA

View Full Version : Episode 809 - Sacrifices

Idun
May 20th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Sacrifices

Ishta previously seen in season 7's Birthright has been captured by the Goa'uld Moloc. While Moloc tortures Ishta, Teal'c along with a new character Aron plan to rescue her. The SG-1 team plans to launch a missle attack at Moloc's Jaffa that are holding the gate to give Teal'c a chance to save Ishta. Apprently an uprising has occured in the ranks of Moloc's Jaffa, and 2,000 are ready to attack. Moloc needing to handle the threat of the Jaffa leaves Ishta as a trap for Teal'c.

This episode will also see the return of the recurring character Bra'tac.

read the original atricle at Chevron Nine (http://www.chevronnine.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=301&start=0)

the_fours
May 20th, 2004, 02:24 PM
sounds good!!!

Teal'c
May 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM
And in accordance with Thor's needing to point out Morjana's sources, Chevron Nine's information also comes from Showfax. (Which shows that they're casting Moloc! :D)

Thor
May 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
And in accordance with Thor's needing to point out Morjana's sources, Chevron Nine's information also comes from Showfax. (Which shows that they're casting Moloc! :D)
Indeed :lol:
Wanna see Moloc, story sounds very interesting :)

Anubis
May 20th, 2004, 11:24 PM
The episode sounds great. But I can't help wonder if there will be a sacrifice in this episode, judging by the title!

KorbenDirewolf
May 21st, 2004, 12:37 AM
Probably not a sacrifice. ;)

Wass
May 21st, 2004, 01:29 AM
I disagree with you "KorbenDirewolf" I think there will be a sacrifces in this episode becouse I remember reading some where that CJ is writing an episode in which someone gets married and someone dies. I think it will be Bra'tac who dies.

shockwave
May 21st, 2004, 02:15 AM
I also think it's going to be bratac that dies, I once read some article, forgot where, that CJ would love to see bratac go out in a blaze of glory.

Of course we could hope it's going to be Moloc that dies. :)

Lord Dagda
May 21st, 2004, 03:38 AM
I read the article on Gateworld and this sounds like my kind of episode :D I cant wait!

Anubis
May 21st, 2004, 03:58 AM
I am certain that Bra'tac will be the one to die, but no major details are revealled yet, if you read the spoilers. Isn't the episode CJ writing called Avatar?

Whitster
May 21st, 2004, 04:38 AM
I am certain that Bra'tac will be the one to die, but no major details are revealled yet, if you read the spoilers. Isn't the episode CJ writing called Avatar?
I thought he was writing a trilogy of Jaffa stories?

Also this episode looks good and I'd imagime it'll be Bra'tac who dies, notice the speed at which characters are getting killed off again though. :S

shockwave
May 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM
CJ wanted to write 3 episodes originally, but a few months ago he said he would be writing one episode, in which there is a wedding, an old familiar returns, and someone dies

hrh36
May 21st, 2004, 06:31 AM
Perhaps the sacrifice is "the team," i.e. who's this Aron dude and why can't the members of SG-1 help Teal'c?????

Probably because the producers have those actors off filming their own story-of-the-week-without-the-team episode? Arghhhhh!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this sounds like a great episode that could be so much better if the team was working TOGETHER to help Teal'c.

hrh

Teal'c
May 21st, 2004, 06:46 AM
"The SG-1 team plans to launch a missle attack ..." I think there's the team right there! :P

Darren
May 21st, 2004, 09:53 AM
GateWorld's spoiler report on "Sacrifices" can be found here:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x8.shtml

Lord Loz
May 21st, 2004, 02:16 PM
Perhaps the sacrifice is "the team," i.e. who's this Aron dude and why can't the members of SG-1 help Teal'c?????

Probably because the producers have those actors off filming their own story-of-the-week-without-the-team episode? Arghhhhh!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this sounds like a great episode that could be so much better if the team was working TOGETHER to help Teal'c.

hrh

Jebus, you dont even know any details about the episode and youre criticising the lack of team action already just because a new character appears :D:D

Fandom is great :thup: ;)

Otis
May 22nd, 2004, 05:59 PM
I don't think that they would get rid of Bratak. Especially not in an episode CJ was writing. If you think about it, Bra'tac is the one character that Teal's always gets a lot of lines with. I can't imagine he would forsake all the future scenes for one biggie.

keshou
June 11th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Hmmm....some additional spoilers posted over at the Solutions website.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/index.php?p=58&c=1

Here's the interesting part....about the wedding......

Dealing with the Goa'uld Moloc’s attack on Ishta and her people is just one of Teal'c’s problems in the Jaffa-themed Sacrifices. It seems the Big Guy is less than thrilled to discover son Ryac’s wedding plans

Looks like Ryac may indeed be the lucky guy!

David85
June 11th, 2004, 06:49 PM
He's like 16!!!

bcmilco
June 11th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Actually he's probably closer to 18-20, but I wouldn't be that surprised if in Jaffa culture it is far more "acceptable"/common to get married at a younger age.

Don't ask me why, that's just the 'feel' I get when I watch Jaffa, despite their long lives. ;)

Darren
June 11th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Very cool! (And hint as to the source of this info?)

Kelso
June 11th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Spoilers and such

I've speculated for some time that it would be Rya'c would was getting hitched... and it's great to see that it might be the case. If Bra'tac bites it... it had better be one heck of a battle. I wonder if he will ascend?? I know that the concept is a bit over-used, but at least it has been set up in advance for Bra'tac's character (MATERNAL INSTINCT). Plus, wasn't one of the requirements for his ascension to lose the 'demon' inside of him? Well, I guess he can check that one off ;)

If Bra'tac does go, and Rya'c does marry... it would be cool to see a follow-up episode later in the season where Rya'c has a son and names him after Bra'tac :D

priornavalperson
June 12th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Spoilers and such
A recent spoiler indicated that in Epsiode 809 - Sacrifices, that T'ealc is less than happy with Ryac's wedding plans. Is it because of the age at which Ryac is getting hitched, or who he is getting hitched to. Why? Enquiring minds want to know.

Mr Prophet
June 12th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Mind you, however early they marry, Teal'c was clearly childless until his early eighties.

Dag nabbit though; now I need to try and retcon my fanfic continuity again. Curse my mania for canon compatibility.

keshou
June 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Spoilers and such
A recent spoiler indicated that in Epsiode 809 - Sacrifices, that T'ealc is less than happy with Ryac's wedding plans. Is it because of the age at which Ryac is getting hitched, or who he is getting hitched to. Why? Enquiring minds want to know.

Don't know.....the spoiler didn't say. It could be either, or both. Teal'c sounds like he's going to be exploring the Taur'i culture this season.....perhaps he's concerned that Rya'c is getting married way too young. Or perhaps Rya'c has fallen in love with the daughter of one of Teal'c old rivals.

I'm wondering if the "Big Fat Jaffa Wedding" episode and "Sacrifices" are one and the same or if the actual wedding will be taking place in a different episode?

shockwave
June 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
they are the same episode

Kelso
June 13th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Mind you, however early they marry, Teal'c was clearly childless until his early eighties.

Of course, he was in service to Apophis at the time... alot of career military types don't have children right away.

Mr Prophet
June 13th, 2004, 04:00 AM
This may be true, but Teal'c wasn't a career military man; he was a slave warrior in the service of a false god. You'd think that he would be expected to have children - whom his wife would raise - to serve the god after him.

Liebestraume
June 13th, 2004, 09:19 AM
If Bra'tac -- who has been a father figure to Teal'c -- dies, and Rya'c leaves the family nest, Teal'c will essentially lose his entire Jaffa family in one episode. Reason enough to give the big guy the blues.

Kady
June 21st, 2004, 09:13 AM
if Bra'tac dies-i'm gonna fly over to Vancouver and punch whoever thought of *that* idea!!!!

jack 4 daniel 4eva
from kady

Madeleine
June 21st, 2004, 08:29 PM
::Hands Kady a nice cup of tea::

Drink it slowly. And if you need a biscuit too, just say.