X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dinosaur Planet in Pegusas??

The reason I'm am is asking is in Rising
    Spoiler:
    When the Wraith brought Summer to the large room on the ship, there was what looked like the head of a dinosaur on the table.

So I am assuming there is a planet. Where else would they have gotten one?

Well, in the episode The Siege Part 1...

Spoiler:
    It turns out this planet they were looking at for an Alpha site was basically a dinosaur planet and they were being chased by what seemed to be a T-Rex...
    (according to John)

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Since we've had dino-hints twice in Season 1, I'm gonna cross my fingers that this is revisited in the future. Sounds intriging.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        The reason I'm am is asking is in Rising
        Spoiler:
        When the Wraith brought Summer to the large room on the ship, there was what looked like the head of a dinosaur on the table.

So I am assuming there is a planet. Where else would they have gotten one?
        I don't think it was reptilian -- to me, it looked more like a large herbivorous mammal, like a rhino or hippo or something like that. Definitely not a dino or reptilian beast.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Given that there does seem to be a planet with Dinosaurs in Pegasus (as per Siege I), and that there are humans all about, I wonder if the Ancients don't have a Dakara device in Pegasus to create life there. If so, then they need to find it. It could be programmed to destroy the Wraith... or they can get some Replicators, sick them on the Wraith (it'd probably take them a few weeks to kick their slimy, pale butts) then activate the Pegasus Dakara device and fwoosh the bugs when they've cut the Wraith to manageable numbers.

I'm just kidding about that Replicator idea. They wouldn't waste time with more than one Hive ship before hotfooting it for Atlantis. They always seek out the most advanced tech.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

It would be cool if they turn out to Intelligent
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
              Spoiler:
              Given that there does seem to be a planet with Dinosaurs in Pegasus (as per Siege I), and that there are humans all about, I wonder if the Ancients don't have a Dakara device in Pegasus to create life there. If so, then they need to find it. It could be programmed to destroy the Wraith... or they can get some Replicators, sick them on the Wraith (it'd probably take them a few weeks to kick their slimy, pale butts) then activate the Pegasus Dakara device and fwoosh the bugs when they've cut the Wraith to manageable numbers.

I'm just kidding about that Replicator idea. They wouldn't waste time with more than one Hive ship before hotfooting it for Atlantis. They always seek out the most advanced tech.

-IMF
              Good theory
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

would be cool for an episode, where they are stuck on the dinosaur planet, (given the right story, off course )

kinda like sliders, they had 2 eps featuring dinosaurs

Comment

"Land of the Lost" anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    "Land of the Lost" anyone?
                    They'd nead Chaka for that one.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I read om the IMDB that the head on the table was one of those beast of burden on Abydos in the Stargate movie.

Still it would be fun to have dinosaurs in the Pegasus galaxy as well.
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        They'd nead Chaka for that one.

-IMF
                        so true.

Comment

An Ancient must have been studying Dinosaurs, and created A Jurassic Park-like planet. I mean, that is how they would do it, is it not?
                          sigpic

Comment

Just what I was thinking about. A Jurassic park like episode They have some Wraith free time so they take a bunch of scientists to Dino-Land then all hell breaks loose
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Lol, an Ancient Jurassic Park. That would be an interesting episode. I'd love to see McKay come face-to-face with some toothy dino, like a deinonychus or something, just to see the look on his face.
                              !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Working...
                              X