X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewed for season 9!

http://www.hypable.com/2013/02/11/th...-supernatural/

sigpic

Excellent! I'm glad all 3 shows got renewed.

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

GREAT news! I'm so happy!!! (And I didn't really expect otherwise )
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Really glad that Supernatural got renewed, great series and hopefully the early renewal means that they can have a bigger plot this season that stretches into next season

Comment

Hurray! (Although that seemed pretty likely since they just built that big new fancy set.)

Comment

Good news
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Yay! Good news!
              sigpic

Comment

yay!

i sure hope they will have amanda on in the new season!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Such wonderful news. I can't wait to tell my wife tomorrow. This show deserves to keep going, especially with how good this season has been thus far.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow, nine seasons still going strong! I still have yet to watch the show but I will say this, I might be bummed if it passes Smallville and SG1! Hehe.

Comment

Woohoo!!! Yes!

*happy dance*
                      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 11 February 2013, 05:25 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Wow, nine seasons still going strong! I still have yet to watch the show but I will say this, I might be bummed if it passes Smallville and SG1! Hehe.
                        I think it may only match them, not surpass them.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was a nice surprise to find out today that SN is coming back for a ninth season!

Season 8 is building up to be really good after the patchy seventh season and first few episodes of season 8. I have the same fondness for SN as I do for Stargate, they are both justifiably long lived series' because of great story telling and wonderful character interactions. SN was the only other show after Stargate that pulled me in from the first few episodes, and not wanting to wait a week or annoying longer breaks between episodes.

Comment

I heard this elsewhere a few days ago too, great news for SPN. I personally hope the shows gets 'downsized' in the terms of its epic-ness... as much as I enjoy the whole angels/demons stuff, each season the bad guys and the end bosses get bigger and bigger so that they're becoming harder and harder to top. I fear SPN may go the way of SG1, with its Ori arc. I hated the Ori arc. Some shows manage to do bigger-and-badder-bad-guys well (Buffy was one of them) and I hope SPN manages to keep things well-balanced.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            yay!

i sure hope they will have amanda on in the new season!
                            Ugh. I feel like they really dropped the ball on that one. As much as I like Amanda Tapping, I have problems disassociating her with Carter. Even when she was Helen Magnus in Sanctuary I had that problem (though it helped that she faked a semi-convincing British accent).

I really think Naomi could have been creepy and menacing, an excellent Cigarette Smoking Man type of character with ulterior motives and shady secrets... but for that, they cast the wrong actress. Should have gone with a relative unknown, just IMHO of course.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

SN was the only other show after Stargate that pulled me in from the first few episodes, and not wanting to wait a week or annoying longer breaks between episodes.
                            It wasn't the first show that pulled me in right from the beginning, but it's pretty much the only one that's held my interest all the way through (Lost sort of... well... lost me during the last season). It ranks right up there with X-Files as one of my favourite paranormal shows. I got around having to wait for episodes by buying the DVDs and watching them one after the other. I plan to buy season 8 as soon as it's released, can't wait for that.
                            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                              I heard this elsewhere a few days ago too, great news for SPN. I personally hope the shows gets 'downsized' in the terms of its epic-ness... as much as I enjoy the whole angels/demons stuff, each season the bad guys and the end bosses get bigger and bigger so that they're becoming harder and harder to top. I fear SPN may go the way of SG1, with its Ori arc. I hated the Ori arc. Some shows manage to do bigger-and-badder-bad-guys well (Buffy was one of them) and I hope SPN manages to keep things well-balanced.
                              I'm with you with the balance thing. Season 7 was patchy for me because of the Leviathan arc and the petty feuding amongst the angels. Too much 'big' stuff and the joy of watching Sam and Dean going round dealing with other 'smaller' evils was lost for me.

I started watching SN from the beginning again, had to stop though as I've packed the DVD's away for moving house in a week. The thing that struck me was how the show seems to work best as it goes back to those roots of the boys hunting bad stuff down, their 'bread & butter' stuff! They've done a lot more of that in season 8 and that's why the balance with that, alongside the tablet and trials arc is working better for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X