X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Time Goes By (812)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean are stunned when a man who claims to be Henry Winchester, their grandfather, suddenly appears in their hotel room demanding to know where he can find John Winchester. Henry has time-traveled to stop a demon named Abbadon and was looking for John‘s help. Through Henry, Sam and Dean learn more about their father and the Winchester blood line."

Original Air Date : 01/30/2013
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

i really liked this episode!

and i 'really' liked henry. i had to look up this actor (Gil McKinney) b/c i found him so hot.

but really, it was well written and acted/directed, etc.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

A good episode, time travel never fails to entertain me! It's been used well on SN to give us great insights into the family Dean and Sam were born into.

Sad how the reason for John's father not being there for him was because he'd time traveled and helped John's sons at the cost of his life! Time travel, love it!!!

Alaina Huffman was great in this, she looked to be really enjoying herself playing that demon! Needed to look twice to see that it was SGU's TJ!!!

The discussion about the difference between 'men of letters' and 'apelike hunters' was hilarious. I'm glad Henry ended up with more respect for the 'hunters' as a result of working with Sam and Dean. I'm intrigued about that repository of knowledge hidden away, and now the boys have the key! I bet the 'Angel tablet' is in there!

Comment

Yay for Alaina Huffman! Love seeing our Stargate alums on SPN.

I also liked the time travel story, but how did Sam and Dean not recognize their grandfather? I guess John didn't have any pictures of him or never showed the boys if he did? I suppose he was hurting since he thought his father just abandoned him.

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode, but I wish they hadn't killed off Grampa Winchester so soon. Abaddon too, she was a fun baddie. A Demon after my own heart.

Did anyone else yell at the screen when Dean was talking to Sam though about how Dad was always there for them unlike Henry? BS!!!!!!!! Helloooo writers, season One wasn't THAT long ago. Sheesh. But yes, agree with Krisz that it is a nice tie in that the reason he wasn't there for John is because he was saving the boys. No matter what, they would have still ended up in this life. It might not have been as rough for them though.

At any rate, still loving this season.
          sigpic

Comment

This episode really blew me away. It showed us even more why John and Mary were brought together by heaven. I really liked the actor who played Sam and Dean's grandfather.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope we see more of Henry..... and the alchemists sound like a cool concept, really surprised tho that they didnt find a way to include Castiel in this one

btw Great episode
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 February 2013, 06:42 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

awesome episode ! one of the best of the later seasons, although I was generally disappointed with season seven I am loving season eight this far ! Yes, Alain Huffman ( written correctly ? ) was quite awesome !
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X