Piano Music in "Before I Sleep"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano Music in "Before I Sleep"

So, I've been going through and re-watching Stargate Atlantis and I just finished the episode 'Before I Sleep' and was struck by how beautiful the piano music they had though out the episode and was wondering if anyone knew either the name of it or, more exactly, where sheet music is so I can learn to play it?

Have you tried youtube? thats a good site for piano tutorials, also try looking for a program called synthasia, and look for the midi file load it on the program and it will show you how to play it
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

It was probably written by Joel Goldsmith, since he did a large amount of the musical scores/background music for the various Stargate series.

Comment

It was definitely written by Joel. Did anyone besides him score music after SG-1 Season 1? (In fact, I forgot anyone else had scored the series until I looked at The Best of Stargate SG-1, which has music by others.)

I have DVD timecodes and scene descriptions of where particularly noticable music appears in multiple episodes, including Before I Sleep. For example, when Moros orders the destruction of Janus' time jumper (28:35-29:09), it's the same heartfelt music as in Rising (58:02-39) when Weir says "Okay, I see your point. Now you see mine. I will not authorize a rescue mission unless I am sure there is at least a remote chance of success."

Ohhh, wait a minute, I think you're thinking of variations on Weir's theme, such as 7:50 when Old Weir says she missed everyone so terribly. It first appears in the pilot's official soundtrack as the track "Messages". I don't know if there's official or fan-produced sheet music for this.

Comment

@Cat Amelia Duet

Oh that is fantastic, do you know how long I've been looking for the origin of that piece and here it was under my nose the whole time. Thank you for that information. I've also been trying to find a piece that is played in a couple of episodes, if you might know if it is also right under my nose- it is a piece that plays in part one of the episode The Return where we see Weir looking out the window over a moonlit Atlantis (it is a slow piece), it is also played in The Real World when Weir is on the computer.

Don't worry about it if not, but I post this on the chance you may know like you did with the piece Messages. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X