This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients

Hi Guys just watching ascension just now..it was pretty cool. Anyways, wouldn't it be cool if SG1 found a colony of ancients (not ascended) living somewhere....the whole ascension thing seems a bit tired to me....it would be a nice way of tieing up the whole "four great races " Alliance thing...maybe the Asgard could use some of their help with that wee little cloning problem they are having.
    Let me know what you guys think.
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Yes it would be cool, but if they are not ascended then they would be dead, thanks to the Wraith.
    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
    AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
    AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

It's a good thought, but I think it would be cool to see the Ancients before they were wiped out. Would also love to see those darn Furlings sometime.
      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

C'mon look at those guys! Ok..its a fair point...but with all their technogoly and (as we hear all the time) how advanced they were (even the Asgard had never seen the brain probe device) they must of been able to at least to fight to a stalemate... I don't know it doesn't figure out to me. . Perhaps next season they should sort that all out..... second question though:

spoiler space:

The wraith are in another galaxy right...but what happened first..the ancients, like the Asgard said, moved to another galaxy and then met the wraith and eventually all died out (perhaps that plague was a bio weapon)....but and sorry I'm writing not clearly...I'm writing what I'm thinking.. wasn't there supposed to be ancients still in galaxy... like Kheb for example...since the universe is SOOO big why did ALL of those guys ascend? sorry about the pharsing of the question but I think u guys get the drift
        Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
        O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Yes, I've watched Ascension two times today. One at 09:00 and again at 18:00. A pretty cool episode

I have to agree, if there is a planet with 'living Ancients' they must have broken rules to be forced to descend from their higher existance. They can only ascend again with the help of the 'Others' who are the Ancients

Spoilers ; Stargate Atlantis

By news on the show, it seems that Earth awaken the Wraith from a kind of sleep and a colony of people are not too happy about the news
          __

__

Comment

Perhaps some lost colony that got cut off when the plague broke out? The descended group is an idea though....
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I can't remember exactly, but didn't it say somewhere that the people living in Fear that they meet in Pegasus galaxy are their descendants or something?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Yes, I've watched Ascension two times today. One at 09:00 and again at 18:00. A pretty cool episode
                Someones been watching SkyOne.

Comment

SPOILERS Atlantis

All the people in the Pegasus galaxy are the Ancients!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    SPOILERS Atlantis

All the people in the Pegasus galaxy are the Ancients!
                    Not according to the spoilers I've read.

Comment

From much that I've read about Atlantis, I don't think those in the Pegasus galaxy are the Ancients. But if you are certain, what website was it on?
                      __

__

Comment

Hmm, i may have posted this before, but anyway, my take on the situation is;
                        1- This galaxy was peaceful
                        2- Enter the Wraith
                        3- The Ancients are more powerful than the Wraith, but due to the time of peace, are vastly outnumbered
                        4- They form an alliance with the Asguard, Nox and Furlings to give them numbers, said other races are slightly below Wraith tech.
                        5- After a long war the Wraith are almost beaten, but unleash their virus just as the ancients are about to launch and uber-fleet to wipe them out, all of them.
                        6- Many Ancients are infected and ascend, other qurantine thier ships and the alliance goes off anyway.
                        7- The Nox/Furling flank also is hit by the virus, doesn't harm the Nox (or the Asguard for that matter) bu tcauses the Furlings to go mad.
                        8- Mad Furlings attack Nox, Nox defend themselves in a sane way and win, since the offensive was all out practically all Furlings are dead, Nox become pacifist in response to the horror.
                        9- Asguard and remaining Ancient force drive the Wraith from the galaxy but don't have the strength to finish them.
                        10- Recognising the rising threat of the Goa'uld to the new races and the Wraiths the Ancients leave the Asguard to watch over this galaxy as they see fit, they then take their entire remianing war machine and civilisation to the Wriaths galaxy.
                        11- Younger races form, Asguard protect, Goa'uld inhabit etc.
                        12- Ancients and Wriaths fight it out for a while but then retreat to their respective power bases inthe new galaxy and wait and build up forces, wraiths are rebuilding, Ancients are waiting.
                        13- The no-mans land in the middle (inc the world with Atlantis) and some of the Wraith domain is found by the SGA team.
                        14- SG-1 go through to have a look, O'neil retaining sub-concious Ancient knowledge elads the team to a small hidden chamber where said history is palyed out.
                        15- The Ancients were waiting to hear from their descendents that they are ready to be the Fifth race as it is likely not many Ancients will survive the coming fight in their pre-ascended forms. The also want to know the galaxy is safe (ours).
                        16- upon hearing this the Ancients and Ascended Ancients launch a massive attack to wipe out the Wraith once and for all. Insert uber-graphics here.

Premise for the Movie maybe?
                        If this was the SG-1 movie then the SGA could operate under the shadow of the overarching final war of the Ancients and Wraiths, which would be interesting to say the least.

Ideas? Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          From much that I've read about Atlantis, I don't think those in the Pegasus galaxy are the Ancients. But if you are certain, what website was it on?
                          From GateWorld:

SPOILERS Atlantis

The inhabitants of the world featured in this episode -- apparently a different world than the one where Atlantis is located, the show's home base -- were once advanced, but when the Wraith attack happened, they where decimated. These are Teyla's people, and they fear to return to the great city their ancestors once inhabited, believing that the Wraith will return. They now live in a primitive state, at least by appearances, but still possess some high-level technology and the knowledge of how to use it. They do not allow themselves to become too advanced, because every few hundred years the Wraith return to "cull their human herd." They believe that if they advance to their previous level, the Wraith will annihilate them completely.

Now, who are their ancestors? The Ancients!

Comment

"Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

does that mean that Atlantis is going to take place in the pegasus galaxy only? and if so how do they get there??
                              "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Working...
                              X