Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me out here Gateworld: Top 15 Characters who've caused the biggest explosions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me out here Gateworld: Top 15 Characters who've caused the biggest explosions.

Right now just have had a random yet interesting for some potential discussion thought:

The Top 15 Fictional Characters from Sci-fi and Video Games who've caused the LARGEST Explosions that we've ever seen.

For some reason I can only think of three Characters maybe 4 right now on those levels.

Carter-She blew up a whole Solar System with a Stargate in "Exodus."

Mckay- He Blew up a Solar System [well half of one] in "Trinity"

Luke Skywalker- He Blew up the Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope

Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antillies - They Blew Up the Death Star in Return of the Jedi [Can't give one singular credit to that Explosion since Wedge just took out a Power Regulator not sure will have to rewatch]

Not sure if I can add Mass Effect's Commander Sheppard to the list from ME 3 [The end that results in all the Relays being blown up that supposedly ends all life in the Galaxy before the Revised ending I think...not entirely sure]

But I need some more characters who've pretty much made the biggest bang....I'm not sure if anyone's Topped Carter yet.
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

A planet was blown up using the Death Star in Star Wars.

Do the explosions destroying the two motherships in SG1, "Within the Serpent's Grasp" count?

Or the new and improved mothership in SG1, "Upgrades"?
    Last edited by hedwig; 19 December 2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Not really a character but I blame Destiny for the destruction of not one but TWO naquadriah laced planets

Comment

I don't know if it counts but Crichton's wormhole weapon could have destroyed the whole galaxy if he Crichton's hadn't stopped it
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not the biggest explosion itself, but the biggest effect from an explosion I can think of is in the Doctor Who episode The Pandorica Opens, when the exploding TARDIS causes the destruction of the entire universe (caused by an alliance of the Doctor's enemies and The Silence)

A nicely satisfying explosion but not enormous, I think is Ellen Ripley blowing up the Nostromo in Alien.

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz, leader of the Vogon Contructor Fleet, blew up planet Earth to make way for a hyperspatial express route in The Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
          Last edited by Blencathra; 20 December 2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

More an implosion than an explosion, but the Mantrid arms destroyed the Light Universe in Lexx.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              Not the biggest explosion itself, but the biggest effect from an explosion I can think of is in the Doctor Who episode The Pandorica Opens, when the exploding TARDIS causes the destruction of the entire universe (caused by an alience of the Doctor's enemies and The Silence)

A nicely satisfying explosion but not enormous, I think is Ellen Ripley blowing up the Nostromo in Alien.

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz, leader of the Vogon Contructor Fleet, blew up planet Earth to make way for a hyperspatial express route in The Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
              So you can say that the Doctor's Pretty much Got Samantha Carter Beat in terms of who's Responsible for the Biggest Bang in Sci-Fi?
              Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
                So you can say that the Doctor's Pretty much Got Samantha Carter Beat in terms of who's Responsible for the Biggest Bang in Sci-Fi?
                It depends what the you want. If you want just a single person causing a single explosion then I guess Sam Carter still wins. In the Pandorica Opens The Silence manipulated an alliance of the Doctor's enemies into exploding the TARDIS (which is a nice big bang in itself). The TARDIS exploding caused a total event collapse. Every sun went supernova at every moment in history and the whole universe never existed. So we have a few people causing an explosion which causes a catastrophic event.

Just thought of another DW big explosion - the Doctor destroying the 12th cyber legion in A Good Man Goes to War.
                Last edited by Blencathra; 20 December 2012, 03:14 PM. Reason: Getting my tenses muddled

Comment

not sure what qualifies as big.

Data blows up that ship in nemesis .
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    not sure what qualifies as big.

Data blows up that ship in nemesis .
                    Considering the size of ships in star trek that's relatively tiny.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

At the end of the Akira movie, Tetsuo creates another big bang...
                      sigpic

Comment

Big Bang Level Requirements for this List:

It has to be BIGGER than a tiny ship blowing up maybe bigger than blowing up a Planet...So other words Solar System or Bigger Destroyed in a Singular Explosion.

Check it out here!

Comment

Soran destroyed a star in Star Trek: Generations, producing a shockwave that wiped out the entire system (and another in an alternate reality)
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Here's another Dr. Who 'explosion' for you. During Peter Davidson's time as the Doctor.
                            There was an episode with a Time Travelling Hospital Vessel which had to dump a drive reactor. It dumped it in non-space. But the resulting explosion caused/was the 'BIG BANG'
                            and thus created the universe.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                              Not really a character but I blame Destiny for the destruction of not one but TWO naquadriah laced planets
                              I thought Rush's insistence on dialing Destiny is what caused the explosion of Icarus. And the Lucien Alliance caused the explosion of the 2nd planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X