Why no respect for the Nova Dreadnought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no respect for the Nova Dreadnought

Hi guys I’ve been through a few threads and I find that almost no one has any respect for the nova dreadnought, every time there is a verses battle it’s always about the Hyperion, the Omega or the Warlock and the Nova is left in the shadows no pun intended. I would like to know why it’s a formidable fighting craft with a very good space frame a frame so good it was used in the Omega design. It has 22 Twin Plasma Cannons 6 Particle Beam Guns and a complement of 36 star furies (according to b5tech.com) to why the lack of respect?

Nothing against the ship but I guess it hasn't been up against the big enemies as much... As to why that is, no idea.
    sigpic

Comment

even so it faced the minbari and helped hold them back for 2 years. if a nova went against a narn or centari ship i would put my mony on the nova winning i am just upset that sutch a ship could fall through the cracks of teh fandom

Comment

Originally posted by heavyneos View Post
        even so it faced the minbari and helped hold them back for 2 years. if a nova went against a narn or centari ship i would put my mony on the nova winning i am just upset that sutch a ship could fall through the cracks of teh fandom
        I think the ship look like it was created by fans, that probably why fall through the cracks, an there got to compromises to having that many weapons on a single vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          I think the ship look like it was created by fans, that probably why fall through the cracks, an there got to compromises to having that many weapons on a single vessel.
          i'll give that the ship dose look fan made and probably has power problems with those massive cannons, but it was a good and stable platform for heavy weapons and offered adequate protection from most species weapons.

Comment

From a production perspective, I think JMS and crew wanted the superior CGI of the Omega class destroyers to be more on the forefront, especially to highlight the idea of rotating sections. The Warlock destroyers, by far the most advanced from the Earth Alliance, received almost no appearances... damn it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              From a production perspective, I think JMS and crew wanted the superior CGI of the Omega class destroyers to be more on the forefront, especially to highlight the idea of rotating sections. The Warlock destroyers, by far the most advanced from the Earth Alliance, received almost no appearances... damn it.
              Wasn't the Warlock still heavily classified and full of shadow technology, despite such technology being illegal in instellar alliance. Plus they were still prototypes and very few in numbers, I be surprise if they ever left Earth solar system.

Comment

Wasn't the Warlock still heavily classified and full of shadow technology, despite such technology being illegal in instellar alliance. Plus they were still prototypes and very few in numbers, I be surprise if they ever left Earth solar system.
                According to JMS, the Warlocks were designed to be able to effectively fight a Minbari warcruiser and the White Stars near the end of the Earth Civil War. They were supposedly going to have the Shadow bioarmor and other Shadow tech but they just couldn't finish the warships in time so they overlaid the Shadow armor on the Omega keel instead.

After the war was over, the Warlocks still went into production, albeit without the Shadow armor. In the story Hidden Agendas, Ivanova's destroyer--the Titans--is revealed to have some strange Shadow device that nobody understands. Whether this is normal for all the Warlocks, I'm not sure.
                sigpic

Comment

i would have loved to have seen a shadow hyperion, maby then they would have servived after some one farted in its general direction, coz every time i see one a few minuets later its exploding.

Comment

Wait... isn't the Novas the rotating ships with the blunt front with a darker color? In fact the newer EA ship? The Hyperions being the older, smaller and inferior version?
                    Hi There!

Comment

no thats the omega destroyer and yes the hyperion is way older than the Omega, the Nova is the predisesor to the Omega it has bigger guns and no rotating section

Comment

no thats the omega destroyer and yes the hyperion is way older than the Omega, the Nova is the predisesor to the Omega it has bigger guns and no rotating section
                        Was it a predecessor or just a variant on the omega design.

Read the hidden agendas story, story good but I would have liked to see how the titans, Earth, Vorlon and Shadow technology does in a fire fight and general operations and keeping the Vorlon and shadow technology secret from the rest of the crew would be fun. I got feeling Ivanova's first ship command is going to fun a one. Through I wonder if they thought about what happens if she get transferred to another vessel.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 27 December 2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Was it a predecessor or just a variant on the omega design.

Read the hidden agendas story, story good but I would have liked to see how the titans, Earth, Vorlon and Shadow technology does in a fire fight and general operations and keeping the Vorlon and shadow technology secret from the rest of the crew would be fun. I got feeling Ivanova's first ship command is going to fun a one. Through I wonder if they thought about what happens if she get transferred to another vessel.
                          they probably never thought that far ahead, she's young and has a long carrier ahead of her so why would she be transfered unless she requested it or she messed up enough to warrant it.

Comment

Ahhh yes. From what I understand, some background info about the Omega and the Nova, the Nova was built along side the Hyperion. The Omega was built in some sort of competition and used the same components and design to save time and money.
                            Hi There!

Comment

yeah its supposed to be a step up or something from the nova because it has better sensors and a longer range with its gravity it also can venture farther that the nova it also supposed to have better interceptors as well. but the Nova to me will always be the daddy of all EA ships

Comment

Working...
                              X